Alex Carter (British actor)
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2008)|
7 July 1982 |
Carter got his TV break in 1999 when he was cast as Craig Harrison in 9 episodes of the Sunday evening drama Where the Heart Is. He then had a small walk on role in Coronation Street. Two years later he joined the cast of Hollyoaks as Lee Hunter, staying for four years before being written out when Lee left to embark on a round the world tour. Continuing the transpennine nature of his career, Carter returned to Yorkshire on 16 February 2006 as Jamie Hope in the ITV soap Emmerdale. On 8 February 2010, whilst appearing on Shaun Keaveny's breakfast show on BBC 6 Music, a show he regularly contributes to, he announced that he was leaving the soap after four years. On 15 March 2010 it was confirmed that after a five-year hiatus, Carter was returning to Hollyoaks.
Until the station's change of ownership and format in August 2008, Carter, a lifelong fan of Oldham Athletic football club, presented the Saturday afternoon sports programme Latics Live on The Revolution.
Beginning in August 2012 Carter began appearing in the second series of In with the Flynns on BBC1 as Kevin Flynn, younger brother to Will Mellor's Liam Flynn. In 2013, Carter starred in an episode of the Sky special Love Matters, written by Isy Suttie.
Alex Carter also appeared on the period ITV costume drama Downton Abbey as a non-speaking waiter in Series Four Episode Two of the show.
- Jamie Hope ITV website
- Shaun Keaveny BBC 6music website
- "Alex Carter quits 'Emmerdale'". Digital Spy. 8 February 2010. Archived from the original on 10 February 2010. Retrieved 2010-02-09.
- "Alex Carter returns to 'Hollyoaks'". Digital Spy. 15 March 2010. Archived from the original on 17 March 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-15.
- "Celebrity guest confirmed for 'Our Oldham' launch party". Press Release Reference: LJ/PR/CYPF/101/08. Oldham Council. 17 April 2008. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- . BBC. Retrieved on 22 December 2011.
|This article about a British television actor born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an English television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|