Alfred and Plantagenet
|Alfred and Plantagenet|
|Township of Alfred and Plantagenet|
Location within Prescott and Russell
|County||Prescott and Russell|
|Formed||January 1, 1997|
|• Mayor||Fernand Dicaire|
|• Federal riding||Glengarry—Prescott—Russell|
|• Prov. riding||Glengarry—Prescott—Russell|
|• Land||392.45 km2 (151.53 sq mi)|
|• Density||23.4/km2 (61/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EST (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|Postal Code FSA||K0B|
The township was formed on January 1, 1997, through the amalgamation of Alfred Township, Alfred Village, North Plantagenet Township, and Plantagenet Village.
Near the town of Alfred, the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources has designated the Alfred Bog as "a provincially significant wetland and an Area of Natural and Scientific Interest. Species of interest include the Palm Warbler, Northern Pitcher-plant, Pink Lady's-slipper, cottongrass, Bog Elfin and Bog Copper butterflies, and Ebony Boghaunter dragonfly. It also hosts one of the most southerly herds of moose. The bog is open to the public with a 272-metre (892 ft) boardwalk for nature walks.
The township comprises the communities of Alfred, Alfred Station, Blue Corners, Centrefield, Coin Gratton, Curran, Glenburn, Jessups Falls, Lefaivre, Pendleton, Plantagenet, Plantagenet Station, Rockdale, Senecal, The Rollway, Treadwell, Wendover, and Westminster.
- List of municipalities in Ontario
- List of townships in Ontario
- List of francophone communities in Ontario
- "Alfred and Plantagenet census profile". 2011 Census of Population. Statistics Canada. Retrieved 2012-02-28.
- The Alfred Bog, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club
- "2006 Community Profiles". Canada 2006 Census. Statistics Canada. March 30, 2011. Retrieved 2012-02-28.
- "2001 Community Profiles". Canada 2001 Census. Statistics Canada. February 17, 2012. Retrieved 2012-02-28.
|Plaisance, Papineauville, Montebello, Notre-Dame-de-Bonsecours, Fassett (Quebec)