|— Golfer —|
|Full name||An Byeong-hun|
17 September 1991 |
Seoul, South Korea
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||95.0 kg (209.4 lb; 14.96 st)|
|Residence||Orlando, Florida, U.S.|
|College||University of California, Berkeley|
|Current tour(s)||Challenge Tour|
|Number of wins by tour|
|Best results in major championships
|Masters Tournament||CUT: 2010|
|U.S. Open||CUT: 2010|
|The Open Championship||T26: 2014|
An Byeong-hun (Hangul: 안병훈, Hanja: 安秉勛) (born 17 September 1991), or Byeong-Hun An, is a professional golfer from Seoul, South Korea. In August 2009, he became the youngest-ever winner of the U.S. Amateur.
In August 2009, at age 17, An became the youngest-ever winner of the U.S. Amateur when he defeated Ben Martin 7 & 5 in the 36-hole final at Southern Hills Country Club in Tulsa, Oklahoma. He made his PGA Tour debut in March 2010 at the Arnold Palmer Invitational, a week before playing in The Masters. An made the cut at the 2010 Verizon Heritage and was one shot off the lead during the second round before finishing the tournament T-59.
At the 2010 U.S. Amateur, An became the first defending champion to advance to the semifinals since Tiger Woods in 1996. After An took a 3-up lead after nine holes in his semifinal match, his opponent David Chung rallied to defeat An 1-up.
In June 2013, An had his best finish to date on the Challenge Tour, tied for second place at the Scottish Hydro Challenge. In August 2014, he won his first Challenge Tour event at the Rolex Trophy, making An the first Korean to win on the Challenge Tour.
Amateur wins (1)
- 2009 U.S. Amateur
Professional wins (1)
Challenge Tour wins (1)
|No.||Date||Tournament||Winning score||To par||Margin
|1||24 Aug 2014||Rolex Trophy||63-69-73-64=269||−19||3 strokes||Benjamin Hebert|
Results in major championships
|The Open Championship||CUT||DNP||DNP||DNP||T26|
- DNP = Did not play
- CUT = missed the half-way cut
- "T" = tied
- Yellow background for top-10.
- Seung-woo, Kang (31 August 2009). "An Becomes Youngest U.S. Amateur Champ". The Korea Times.
- Evans, Farrell (24 March 2010). "Questions for ... Byeong-Hun An". Golf.com.
- Latzke, Jeff (30 August 2009). "US Amateur Champ Is Youngest Ever - Again - at 17". Dallas Morning News. Associated Press.
- Iacobelli, Pete (17 April 2010). "Furyk tops packed Harbour Town leaderboard". NBC Sports.
- Herrington, Ryan (27 August 2010). "Uihlein Wins Cowboy Quarterfinal Shootout". Golf Digest.
- "Byeong-Hun An Loses at U.S. Amateur". ESPN. 28 August 2010. Archived from the original on 30 August 2010.
- "Former U.S. Am champ joins Chandler's ISM group". GolfWeek. 18 January 2012.
- "2013 Scottish Hydro Challenge – Leaderboard". PGA European Tour. Retrieved 24 June 2013.
- "An claims Rolex glory in Geneva". PGA European Tour. 24 August 2013.
- An Byeong-hun at the European Tour official site
- An Byeong-hun at the Official World Golf Ranking official site