|— Golfer —|
|Full name||An Byeong-hun|
17 September 1991 |
Seoul, South Korea
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||95.0 kg (209.4 lb; 14.96 st)|
|Residence||Orlando, Florida, U.S.|
|College||University of California, Berkeley|
|Current tour(s)||Challenge Tour|
|Best results in Major Championships
|Masters Tournament||CUT: 2010|
|U.S. Open||CUT: 2010|
|The Open Championship||CUT: 2010|
An Byeong-hun (Hangul: 안병훈, Hanja: 安秉勛) (born 17 September 1991), or Byeong-Hun An, is a professional golfer from Seoul, South Korea. In August 2009, he became the youngest-ever winner of the U.S. Amateur.
In August 2009, at age 17, An became the youngest-ever winner of the U.S. Amateur when he defeated Ben Martin 7 & 5 in the 36-hole final at Southern Hills Country Club in Tulsa, Oklahoma. He made his PGA Tour debut in March 2010 at the Arnold Palmer Invitational, a week before playing in The Masters. An made the cut at the 2010 Verizon Heritage and was one shot off the lead during the second round before finishing the tournament T-59. At the 2010 U.S. Amateur, An became the first defending champion to advance to the semifinals since Tiger Woods in 1996. After An took a 3-up lead after nine holes in his semifinal match, his opponent David Chung rallied to defeat An 1-up.
Amateur wins (1)
- 2009 U.S. Amateur
Results in major championships
|The Open Championship||CUT|
- DNP = Did not play
- CUT = missed the half-way cut
- "T" = tied
- Yellow background for top-10.
- Seung-woo, Kang (2009-08-31). "An Becomes Youngest U.S. Amateur Champ". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2010-08-24.
- Evans, Farrell (2010-03-24). "Questions for ... Byeong-Hun An". Sports Illustrated. Retrieved 2010-08-24.
- Latzke, Jeff (2009-08-30). "US Amateur Champ Is Youngest Ever - Again - at 17". Dallas Morning News. Associated Press. Retrieved 2010-10-18.
- Iacobelli, Pete (2010-04-17). "Furyk tops packed Harbour Town leaderboard". NBC Sports. Retrieved 2010-08-24.
- Herrington, Ryan (2010-08-27). "Uihlein Wins Cowboy Quarterfinal Shootout". Golf Digest. Retrieved 2010-08-29.
- "Byeong-Hun An Loses at U.S. Amateur". ESPN. 2010-08-28. Archived from the original on 30 August 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-29.
- "Former U.S. Am champ joins Chandler's ISM group". GolfWeek. 2012-01-18. Retrieved 2012-02-18.
- "2013 Scottish Hydro Challenge – Leaderboard". PGA European Tour. Retrieved 2013-06-24.