Andrew Cotter (born 20 July 1973) is a Scottish sports broadcaster working primarily for the BBC, covering mainly the golf and rugby, but also tennis, athletics and The Boat Race.
Cotter is from Troon, Ayrshire, and has a degree in French and Philosophy from Glasgow University. He played golf for Scottish Schools and Scottish Universities.
Former BBC positions
- 2000-2004: Commentator on BBC Radio 5 Live covering Golf and Rugby Union
- 2001-2006: Sports Presenter on BBC News Channel and BBC World.
- 2008: Commentated on 2008 Summer Olympic Games for BBC Covering Weightlifting and Modern Pentathlon.
- 2011: Main BBC Commentator on the 2011 Australian Open tennis
- 2012: London 2012 Summer Olympics, commentating on Tennis and Canoeing/Kayaking events.
- 2002–2012: Ryder Cup for BBC Radio 5 Live
Current BBC positions
- 2004–present: BBC Rugby Union Commentator on 6 Nations and Autumn Internationals
- 2004–Present: BBC Golf Commentator on Open, Masters, Ryder Cup & Women's Open
- 2008–present: Tennis commentator for Wimbledon, AEGON Championships at Queen's Club and co-commentator at AEGON International at Eastbourne (with Sam Smith).
- 2010–2011, 2013-present: Boat Race commentator on BBC Television (Replaced by Jonathan Legard in 2012 as Cotter was at the US Masters for the BBC but returned in 2013)
- 2013-present: Athletics for BBC Television
- 2011 - ESPN Rugby when Nick Mullins was commentating on the Rugby World Cup for ITV
- 2012 - Wheelchair Rugby for Channel 4 Paralympic Coverage
- Previously worked on Sky Sports red button commentary of the Heineken Cup