Andrew Jackson Jihad
||This article may be written from a fan's point of view, rather than a neutral point of view. (February 2014)|
|Andrew Jackson Jihad|
Sean Bonnette, singer/guitarist
|Also known as||AJJ|
|Genres||Folk punk, alternative country, anti-folk, acoustic rock|
|Instruments||Acoustic and electric guitars, stand up bass, drums, keyboards, mandolin, banjitar, horns and the kazoo (Knife Man, Can't Maintain).|
|Labels||Asian Man, Plan-It-X|
|Associated acts||Cobra Skulls, Mischief Brew, Ghost Mice, Partners in 818, Bomb the Music Industry!, ROAR|
Andrew Jackson Jihad was formed after its original drummer, Justin James White, approached Sean Bonnette and Ben Gallaty. Since then, many musicians have sat in with the remaining duo of Sean and Ben, including (but not limited to): Jeff Rosenstock, Stephen Steinbrink, Abe Gil of Treasure Mammal, John de la Cruz of Fatigo and ROAR's Owen Evans. Kepi Ghoulie of the Groovie Ghoulies whistled for them in the recording of the song "Sense, Sensibility". Dylan Cook of Partners In 818 also plays mandolin regularly with the band. The constantly shifting lineup results in wide-ranging sonic textures both live and on record.
In 2008 the band was a part of the Asian Man Records "Making Punk Fun Again" tour with The Queers, Bomb the Music Industry!, Lemuria (band), and Kepi Ghoulie. 2008 also saw the release of "Only God Can Judge Me", a mostly acoustic EP on Plan-it-X Records.
In 2009, the band's third record, "Can't Maintain", was released by Asian Man Records. They toured the US with Kepi Ghoulie and Partners in 818, and had to say goodbye to their van, named Wolfenstein 3D: The Van.
In 2010, the band toured the US with Blunt Mechanic, Europe with Kepi Ghoulie, and the west coast with Royal Monsters.
2011 had the band go on their second European tour. They also played notable festivals such as Plan-It-X Fest and the Asian Man Records 15th Anniversary. The band's fourth full length album, "Knife Man", was released on September 20 by Asian Man Records. In support of this record, the band was a part of a full US tour with Frank Turner and Into It. Over It.
2012 was a busy year of extensive touring, with the band expanding to include Preston Bryant (guitar/keyboards) and Deacon Batchelor (drums) for a full band live experience. In March, the band toured with Laura Stevenson and ROAR, which was quickly followed by another tour in April with Joyce Manor and Treasure Fleet. In September, the band did a short string of shows with Against Me! and Joyce Manor, followed by a full US tour with Future of the Left.
2013 saw yet another busy year for the band. In April, singer/guitarist Sean Bonnette went on a solo tour with Ian Graham of Cheap Girls. Sean Bonnette also collaborated on a track with Sole that was released in May. In June, the band recorded a new album with John Congleton, which is due out in early 2014. In September, the band's first live album, "Live at the Crescent Ballroom", was released by Asian Man Records. In November, the band embarked on a west coast tour with The Gunshy.
- Candy Cigarettes and Cap Guns (2005)
- People That Can Eat People Are the Luckiest People in the World - Asian Man Records (CD, Vinyl) (September 11, 2007)
- Can't Maintain - Asian Man Records (CD, Vinyl) (October 13, 2009)
- Knife Man - Asian Man Records (CD, Vinyl) / Lauren Records (Cassette) (September 20, 2011)
- Live at the Crescent Ballroom - Asian Man Records (Vinyl) / Lauren Records (Cassette) (September 3, 2013)
- Issue Problems EP - self-released (2006)
- Art of the Underground Volume 19 7" single - Art of the Underground (2007)
- Only God Can Judge Me EP - Plan-It-X Records (May 15, 2008)
- Operation Stackola EP - Self-released (2009)
- Holiday Inn Gainesville live one-sided LP - Asbestos Records (2009)
- Flaspar/Andrew Jackson Jihad/Golden Boots split CD - Night Pass Handmade Records (2006)
- Andrew Jackson Jihad/French Quarter split CD - self-released (2007)
- Andrew Jackson Jihad/Ghost Mice split - Plan-It-X Records (2007)
- Andrew Jackson Jihad/Partners in 818 split 7" - self-released (2007)
- Andrew Jackson Jihad/ Cobra Skulls split 7" (Under the Influence Vol. 6) - Suburban Home Records (2009)
- Andrew Jackson Jihad/ Apocalypse Meow split 7" (Pug Life) - Traffic Street Records (2009)
- Mischief Brew/ Andrew Jackson Jihad split 8" - Pirates Press Records (2009)
- Andrew Jackson Jihad/The Gunshy split 7" - Silver Sprocket Records (2010)
- Andrew Jackson Jihad / O Pioneers!!! split 9" - No Idea Records (2011)
- Plea for Peace Vol. 2
- Sun, Smog, and Hate - Folktale Records (2009)
- Dangerous Intersections V 7" - Traffic Street Records (2009)
- Happy Holidays from Asian Man Records! - Asian Man Records (2009)
- Five Dollar Swamp Comp Vol. 1 - Swamp Cabbage (2009)
- The Chronicles of Sheriff Joe Arpaio 7" - Kingdom Mammalia (2010)
- Candy Cigarettes, Capguns, Issue Problems! and Such - Asian Man Records (2011) (first album reissued combined with their first EP and rare bonus tracks)
- Take Action! Vol. 10 - Hopeless Records/Sub City (2011)
- I Think We Should Stay Away From Each Other LP - Lauren Records (2011)
- Tallahassee Turns Ten: a Mountain Goats Cover Album (2012) 
- Rompilation - Asian Man Records (2012)
- Bringin' It Together Like Pangaea - Kingdom Mammalia (2012)
- Andrew Jackson Jihad. Houston Press, January 10, 2008.
- "A Jihad on All Sorts of Topics". Arizona Daily News, September 22, 2005.
- 2006 Best of Phoenix. Phoenix New Times.
- Andrew Jackson Jihad at Allmusic
- Album Review, Absolutepunk.net, October 3, 2007.
- Queers, Lemuria, Bomb The Music Industry on Asian Man Tour Alternative Press, February 1, 2008.
- Tour with Kepi Ghoulie and Partners in 818. AndrewJacksonJihad.com, November 24, 2009.
-  AndrewJacksonJihad.com, August 16, 2010.
- Plan-It-X Fest sold out in 3 hours. PunkNews.org, November 24, 2010.
- Asian Man to celebrate 15 years with history-spanning lineup. PunkNews.org, November 19, 2010.
- "Asian Man Records". Asian Man Records. Retrieved October 2, 2011.
- "Andrew Jackson Jihad to Tour with Frank Turner" NationalUnderground.org, September 22, 2011.
- Andrew Jackson Jihad announce tour with Laura Stevenson and the Cans, Roar. Yancey, Bryne. Alternative Press, January 30, 2012.
- Andrew Jackson Jihad announce tour with Joyce Manor. Yancey, Bryne. Alternative Press, March 1, 2012.
- Andrew Jackson Jihad to Tour With Against Me!; No, They Aren't Playing Here. Woodbury, Jason P. "Phoenix New Times" magazine, July 5, 2012.
- "Future of the Left touring w/ Andrew Jackson Jihad (dates); updated lineup for The Fest". Harrison, Caroline. Brooklyn Vegan, August 23, 2012.
- Tours: Sean Bonnette (Andrew Jackson Jihad) / Ian Graham (Cheap Girls). Punknews.org, February 7, 2013.
- Sole – “Civil War” w/ Ceschi Ramos, Sean Bonnette, Skyrider UGSMag, May 2, 2013.
- Andrew Jackson Jihad (Official) Facebook page June 11, 2013.
- ANDREW JACKSON JIHAD "Live at the Crescent Ballroom" LP Asian Man Records, September 3, 2013.
- CincyPunk Fest, The Fest, November Tour with The Gunshy and Other Such Updates AndrewJacksonJihad.com, October 3, 2013.
- Blade Barringer. "Tallahassee Turns Ten Kickstarter Campaign". Retrieved December 9, 2011.