Kinsey in 2010
June 25, 1971 |
Lafayette, Louisiana, U.S.
|Alma mater||Baylor University|
|Notable work(s)||The Office|
|Spouse(s)||Warren Lieberstein (m. 2000–d. 2009)|
|Children||Isabel Ruby Lieberstein|
Personal life 
Kinsey was born in Lafayette, Louisiana. When she was two, her family moved to Jakarta, Indonesia, where her father worked as a drilling engineer. They lived there for twelve years, and she attended the Jakarta International School. During this time she learned Indonesian, a language she still occasionally speaks. Her family then returned to the United States and settled in Archer City, Texas.
Kinsey studied English at Baylor University, where she became a member of the Chi Omega sorority, "took as many theatre classes as possible", and participated in the "Baylor in London" program. In a 2007 interview with the Baylor student newspaper, she discussed the influence of her years at the university:
|“||It was the perfect place for me to grow into who I am and take the belief system that I had and incorporate it into my life. It was a great place to go to school.||”|
Kinsey served as an intern on the NBC late night talk show Late Night with Conan O'Brien, which she described as an "awesome" experience. She worked for the show's drummer Max Weinberg. The experience inspired Kinsey to take a coast-to-coast road trip with a friend from New York City to California.
She married Warren Lieberstein on June 18, 2000. He is the brother of Paul Lieberstein, who plays Toby Flenderson on The Office. She gave birth to their first child, Isabel Ruby Lieberstein, on May 3, 2008. On February 18, 2009, Us Weekly reported that Kinsey and her husband had separated. Her representative stated that the two continue to be friends. In June 2010, it was announced that Kinsey had filed for divorce, citing "irreconcilable differences."
Kinsey said her grandmother, Lena May, does not watch The Office because she feels the protagonist Michael Scott, played by Steve Carell, is too "vulgar". Kinsey said, "She'll say to me, 'Baby, we're so proud of you, I'm proud of you, but I do not care for the show and I do not watch it.'"
Kinsey’s character on The Office feeds feral cats in the office parking lot. In real life, Kinsey supports Alley Cat Allies, a nonprofit advocacy organization dedicated to transforming communities to protect and improve the lives of cats.
After graduating from Baylor University in 1993, she got an internship with Late Night with Conan O'Brien, working for Max Weinberg. She then moved to Los Angeles and took improvisation classes with The Groundlings and at iO WEST (formerly known as "Improv Olympic West").
Following a two-woman show at iO, she was an operator at 1-800-Dentist and made small one-episode appearances in various sitcoms. She voiced the character "Angela" on two episodes of King of the Hill. In early 2005, she auditioned for the role of receptionist Pam Beesly for the American version of The Office. After producers told her she was "a little too feisty for Pam", she was called back to audition for the role of Angela Martin, which she won. She also appeared on Monk as a murderer named Arlene Boras in Mr. Monk and the Naked Man (2007) and Mr. Monk's 100th Case (2008).
Kinsey updates her MySpace blog with behind-the-scenes anecdotes of upcoming episodes of the series. She has also taken to organizing The Office cast outings:
|“||I remember watching Friends and thinking, 'They really enjoy each other.' We, in fact, hang out.||”|
|1998||Step By Step||Simone|
|King of the Hill||Angela|
|2003||All of Us||Blanch Whitefish|
|Run of the House||Maxine|
|2005–2013||The Office (US TV Series)||Angela Martin|
|2006 (two episodes)||Monk (TV Series)||Arlene Boras|
|2007||License To Wed||Judith the Jewelry Clerk|
|Yo Gabba Gabba||Ms. Angela|
|2012||Struck By Lightning||Ms. Sharpton|
Awards and nominations 
|2007||Daytime Emmys||Outstanding Broadband Program||Yes||The Office|
|Screen Actors Guild Awards||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series||Yes|
|2008||Screen Actors Guild Awards||Yes|
|TV Land Awards||Future Classic Award||Yes|
- Angela Kinsey at the Internet Movie Database
- Murphy, Joel (February 2006). "One on one with... Angela Kinsey". Hobotrashcan.com. Archived from the original on 29 February 2008. Retrieved 2008-02-23.
- "Angela Kinsey on Megan Mullally" (Video). 2006-10-27. Retrieved 2008-02-23. "she even speaks Indonesian with a southern accent"
- Limmer, Melissa (2007-02-15). "From a Baylor Classroom to the hit The Office". The Lariat Online. Baylor University. Retrieved 2008-02-23.
- "Angela Kinsey teamcoco.com". Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- Kinsey, Angela; O'Brien, Conan (2009-06-09). "Eddie Murphy, Angela Kinsey, Bonnie Raitt & Taj Mahal". The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien. Season 1. Episode 7. NBC.
- "Congratulations Angela and Family". 2008-05-05. Archived from the original on 8 May 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-25.
- "Angela Kinsey Divorce - Office Star Splits from Husband". National Ledger. June 30, 2010. Archived from the original on 3 July 2010. Retrieved July 5, 2010.
- "Angela Kinsey Files For Divorce From Office Co-Worker". TVGuide.com.
- Angela Martin on Myspace
- "Angela Kinsey: Ready for Her Close-Up". Summer 2007. Retrieved 2008-12-12.
- http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0278979/bio IMDB: Jenna Fischer
- "34th Annual Creative Arts & Entertainment Emmy Awards". 2007-06-14. Retrieved 2008-02-23.
- Lynch, Lorrie (April 14–16, 2006). "Who's News". USA Weekend. p. 2.