Ann Arbor Derby Dimes
|Metro area||Ann Arbor, MI|
|Teams||Brawlstars (WFTDA A-team)
Arbor Bruising Co. (B-team)
|Venue||Buhr Park Arena, Ann Arbor|
Ann Arbor Derby Dimes (A2D2) is a roller derby league based in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Founded in 2010, the league consists of two travel teams, The Brawlstars and the Arbor Bruising Co., which compete against teams from other leagues, as well as a home team, The Ypsilanti Vigilantes.
The league was started in May 2010, with an open meeting in Ann Arbor, and held other recruitments during the year. By 2011 the league was being led with the help of coach J.T. Slyde, who had helped train Ellen Page and Drew Barrymore for their roles in the roller derby film Whip It, when it filmed in Detroit and Ypsilanti. When formed, the league featured two home teams, the Tree Town Thrashers and the Huron River Rollers, and also their travel team, the A2D2 Brawlstars, before evolving to the present team structure. The A2D2 Brawlstars played their first bout ever on June 11, 2011, losing to the Floral City All-Stars of Monroe, and hosted their first public bout on September 17, 2011, at Buhr Park Arena, a 131-96 loss to Flint City Derby Girls from Flint.
The Ann Arbor Derby Dimes are a member of the Women's Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA), having been first accepted in the WFTDA's Apprentice Program in July of 2012, and graduating to full membership in December 2013. As of July 2014, the Ann Arbor Derby Dimes are ranked 102nd in the world by the WFTDA, a member of the WFTDA Division 3.
- "Who We Are". Ann Arbor Derby Dimes. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- Retyi, Richard (25 May 2010). "Roller derby girls in your own backyard - the Ann Arbor Derby Dimes are forming". The Ann Arbor News. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- "Ann Arbor Derby Dimes, Michigan's Newest Women's Roller Derby League". WJBK FOX 2. 19 November 2010. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- Perkins, Lucy (6 November 2011). "Women on Wheels: Rolling into Ann Arbor's roller derby scene". The Michigan Daily. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- "6/11/11: Ann Arbor (67) @ Floral City (201)". Flat Track Stats. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- Retyi, Richard (19 September 2011). "Roller Derby packs Buhr Park in the A2D2 Brawlstars home debut". The Ann Arbor News. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- "WFTDA Accepts 36 Apprentice Leagues". WFTDA. 16 July 2012. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- "WFTDA Welcomes 22 New Full Member Leagues". WFTDA. 23 December 2013. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- "Current Rankings". WFTDA. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- Sassoon Coby, Alex "Lex Talionis". "Current WFTDA Rankings". Derby News Network. Retrieved 27 July 2014.