Caldwell (#59) with Alabama in 2006.
No. -- Free Agent
|Center / Guard|
|Date of birth:April 19, 1986|
|Place of birth: Tallassee, Alabama|
|High school: Montgomery (AL) Lee|
|NFL Draft: 2009 / Round: 3 / Pick: 77|
|Debuted in 2009 for the Houston Texans|
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics as of 2013
Antoine Caldwell (born April 19, 1986) is an American football center and guard who is currently a free agent. He played college football for the University of Alabama, and earned All-American honors. He was drafted by the Houston Texans in the third round of the 2009 NFL Draft.
Caldwell was born in Tallassee, Alabama. He attended Robert E. Lee High School in Montgomery, where he was a standout lineman for his high school football team. Considered a three-star recruit by Rivals.com, Caldwell was listed as the No. 10 center prospect of his class.
Caldwell received an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Alabama, where he played for coach Mike Shula and coach Nick Saban's Alabama Crimson Tide football teams from 2005 to 2008. As a senior in 2008, he was recognized as a first-team All-Southeastern Conference (SEC) selection and a consensus first-team All-American.
Awards and honors
- 2005 Freshman first team All-SEC (as selected by the league's coaches, who are not allowed to vote for their own players, and the Sporting News)
- 2005 Sporting News freshman All-American
- 2005 Rivals.com first team freshman All-American
- 2006 Second Team All-SEC (Coaches)
- 2006, 2007, 2008 Rimington Trophy watchlist
- 2008 Rivals.com All-SEC second team
- 2008 All-SEC first team (Coaches)
- 2008 consensus first team All-American (earned consensus status after being selected by the Associated Press, American Football Coaches Association, and Sporting News)
2009 NFL Draft
Caldwell was graded as the No. 3 center available in the 2009 NFL Draft, behind Alex Mack and Eric Wood. As projected, he was the third center selected off the board, in the third round by the Houston Texans.
From 2009 to 2012, Caldwell played 39 games, including 19 starts, for the Texans.
In May 2014, Caldwell went to Jaguars Rookie Mini-Camp on a tryout basis. He was not offered on contract. However, he was signed to the active roster on August 13, 2014. The Jaguars released Caldwell on August 24, 2014.
- "2005 SEC Football All-Freshman Team Announced".
- "TSN's 2005 SEC All-Freshman Team".
- "TSN's 2005 Freshman All-American Teams".
- "Rivals.com 2005 Freshman All-America First Team".
- "2006 All-SEC Football Team Announced".
- "2006 RIMINGTON TROPHY WATCH LIST".
- "2007 RIMINGTON TROPHY WATCH LIST".
- "2008 Rimington Trophy Spring Watch List Released".
- "Rivals.com 2008 All-SEC Team".
- "2008 All-SEC Football Team Announced".
- "3-time All-America Laurinaitis heads AP team". Retrieved 2008-12-16.[dead link]
- "Texas Tech's Harrell Headlines 2008 AFCA Coaches' All-American Team". American Football Coaches Association. 2008-12-04. Archived from the original on 17 December 2008. Retrieved 2008-12-20.
- "Sporting News' college football All-American First Team". The Sporting News website. 2008-12-17. Archived from the original on 21 December 2008. Retrieved 2008-12-20.
- "Antoine Caldwell". nfl.com. Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- Brown, Chris (July 28, 2013). "Bills sign OL Antoine Caldwell, Tony Hills". BuffaloBills.com. Retrieved July 29, 2013.
- CB Mike Harris among 11 players released