Apocalypse (Mahavishnu Orchestra album)
|Studio album by Mahavishnu Orchestra|
|Mahavishnu Orchestra chronology|
Apocalypse is the Mahavishnu Orchestra's fourth album, released in 1974.
It is performed by the second line-up of the Mahavishnu Orchestra as well as the London Symphony Orchestra. It was produced by George Martin, who regards it as “one of the best records I have ever made”.
The back cover features a poem by Sri Chinmoy as well as a group photo of those who created the album.
All music composed by John McLaughlin; Lyrics to "Smile of the Beyond" composed by "Mahalakshmi" Eve McLaughlin
- "Power of Love" – 4:36
- "Vision is a Naked Sword" – 14:16
- "Smile of the Beyond" – 7:56
- "Wings of Karma" – 6:12
- "Hymn to Him" – 19:23
- John McLaughlin - guitars, vocal composer
- Gayle Moran - keyboards, vocals
- Jean-Luc Ponty - electric violin, electric baritone violin
- Ralphe Armstrong - bass guitar, vocals
- Narada Michael Walden - drums, percussion, vocals
- Michael Tilson Thomas - conductor, piano
- Michael Gibbs - orchestration
- Marsha Westbrook - viola
- George Martin - producer
- Carol Shive - violin, vocals
- Philip Hirschi - cello, vocals
- Geoff Emerick - engineer
Billboard (North America)
- Apocalypse (Mahavishnu Orchestra album) at AllMusic
- Campbell, Hernan M. (4 August 2012). "Review: Mahavishnu Orchestra - Apocalypse | Sputnikmusic". sputnikmusic.com. Retrieved 9 April 2013.
- Martin 1979, p. 109.