The Arkells performing at the Burlington Sound of Music Festival, June 2010
|Origin||Hamilton, Ontario, Canada|
|Labels||Universal Music Canada, Dine Alone|
Band history 
Arkells are an indie band originally from Hamilton, Ontario. Their band is named after the street on which they lived and would practice their music. In late 2008, Arkells toured Canada as opening act for Matt Mays & El Torpedo. Later that year, on November 22, they performed the halftime show at the Vanier Cup in their hometown. In early 2009 they toured with Waking Eyes across Canada. Arkells were featured on Aux.tv's Alt Sessions where they performed their full EP.
On October 22, 2009, Arkells won a favourite new artist CASBY Award (short for Canadian Artists Selected by You) from Toronto radio station 102.1 The Edge at a ceremony and concert at Toronto's Kool Haus. The band also performed at the event.
The band has continued raising their profile and experiencing success in 2010. On April 18, 2010, Arkells won the Juno Award for New Group of the Year, and on May 15, 2010, were hand-picked to open for Them Crooked Vultures at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto.
They also made headlines while playing a set at Horseshoe Tavern in Toronto after the 2010 Much Music Video Awards, when rapper Shad and pop singer Kesha joined them onstage to freestyle and sing along during a cover of Ms. Jackson by Outkast. "Whistleblower" has also been used as the Intro Music to the 2011-2012 Calgary Hitmen hockey team and featured in EA Sports NHL 13 video game.
In 2011 the band wrote and recorded their second album Michigan Left, which was released on October 18 of that year. The first single, "Whistleblower", was released to iTunes on July 5, 2011. The band also released a second song, "Kiss Cam", on July 12. "Whistleblower" will be released as a 7" single, and "Kiss Cam" will serve as the single's B-side.
On 6 October 2011 it was announced that Dan Griffin would be temporarily leaving the band to go back to school but that he will be rejoining them on stage when he can. He is being replaced by Anthony Carone 
In 2012 Arkells won the 2012 Juno Award for Group of the Year. The band has become known for performing spontaneous Motown cover sets, most recently at an Osheaga after party in Montreal, and while stranded in St. John's Newfoundland. In September 2012, the band played Jian Ghomeshi's "1982" book launch in Toronto. The band has also started a tradition of sending fans signed postcards and free downloads at Christmas. 
Arkells have become known for their extensive touring schedule. This has included American touring with Lights, Tokyo Police Club, The Postelles, The Maine, and Lydia; European touring with Billy Talent and Anti-Flag as well as Canadian touring with Metric, the Tragically Hip, Hollerado, Sam Roberts and numerous other Canadian bands.
Band members 
- Max Kerman – vocals, guitar
- Mike DeAngelis – vocals, guitar
- Anthony Carone – vocals, keyboard, guitar
- Nick Dika – bass
- Tim Oxford – drums, percussion
Past Members 
- Dan Griffin
|2007||Deadlines - EP||Self-release|
|2008||Deadlines - EP (Digital Re-issue)||Dine Alone Records|
|October 28, 2008||Jackson Square||Dine Alone Records|
|October 18, 2011||Michigan Left||Universal Music Canada|
|2008||"Oh, the Boss is Coming!"||4||10||Jackson Square|
|2009||"Ballad of Hugo Chavez"||12||16|
|"Ticats are Hummin’"||non-album single|
- Nicolson, Nicole. "The Arkells Dine Alone: Band loves label's marketing skills", The Hamilton Spectator, 2008-05-02. Retrieved on 2008-10-30.
- Bryson, Scott. "Arkells Plot World Domination", Chart, 2008-10-29. Retrieved on 2008-10-31.
- Rollo, Heather. "2008 Desjardins Vanier Cup packed with entertainment, 2008-11-17. Retrieved on 2008-11-24. (Archived at WebCite)
- Harper, Kate. "Arkells and Waking Eyes Head West", Chart Attack, 2009-01-19. Retrieved on 2009-01-31.
- 102.1 The Edge. 2009 CASBY Awards Winners Announced. 2009-10-22. Retrieved on 2009-10-24.
- Juno Awards 2010 Press Release, April 18, 2010, http://junoawards.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/2010GalaWinners.pdf
- Arkells Cover Classics with Kesha and Shad - Chart Attack, http://www.chartattack.com/reviews/86569/arkells-cover-classics-with-keha-and-shad
- Arkells - Agent Zero (live @ SOM '12 + with Dan Griffin), http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASAegi4oy7U
- A Band Update: Where's Dan?
- Rockingham, Graham. "Hamilton’s Arkells win big at Juno Awards gala". The Hamilton Spectator. Retrieved 3 April 2012.
- Arkells Chart Positions and Trajectories
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Arkells (band)|