From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up axe in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
An axe (or ax) is a tool with a metal blade, commonly used to split wood, also historically used as a weapon.
Axe or ax may also refer to:
- Ax (manga)
- Lisa, Lisa, a 1977 American horror film also known by the title Axe
- Le Couperet, a 2005 film whose English title is The Axe
- Axe (band), the rock band
- Axé music, a form of Brazilian popular music
- A slang term for some musical instruments: saxophone, trumpet, electric guitar, etc.
- Ax (surname)
- Ax, nickname of Bill Eadie, a WWF World Tag-Team Champion professional wrestler
- Larry Hennig, retired professional wrestler known as The Axe
- Samuel Axe, an English privateer in Dutch service during the early 17th century
- David Axelrod, advisor to US President Barack Obama, sometimes referred to as "Axe" or "The Axeman"
- Martin Axenrot, drummer for Opeth and Bloodbath
- .ax, the Internet country code top-level domain of the Åland Islands
- Åland Islands, ISO 3166-1 country code
- Akrotiri and Dhekelia, FIPS 10-4 code
- River Axe (Bristol Channel), a river in the South of England that flows into the Bristol Channel
- River Axe (Lyme Bay), a river in the South of England that flows into Lyme Bay
- Sam Axe, a character in the television series Burn Notice
- Aximili-Esgarrouth-Isthill, a fictional Animorphs character, an Andalite
Science and technology
- Alpha Chi Sigma (ΑΧΣ), a professional fraternity specializing in the field of chemistry
- AX register, a general-purpose 16-bit X86 register
- Microsoft Dynamics AX, an enterprise resource planning tool
- AXE telephone exchange, the name of telephone exchange by Ericsson
- Glaze3D, codenamed Axe, a graphics card
- aXe Spectral Extraction, astronomical spectroscopic data extraction software
- AXE method (chemistry), a method used in chemistry to determine the molecular geometry of simple molecules
- Axe-monies, ancient South American artifacts believed to have been used as currency
- A slang term for a bowling ball
- Paul Bunyan's Axe, a prize in college football
- Anime Expo, the largest anime convention in the United States
- Ismail ax, a note written in red ink found on the left arm of Cho Seung-hui at the time of the Virginia Tech Massacre
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.