From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up babel in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Babel is the name used in the Hebrew Bible for the city of Babylon.
Babel may also refer to:
- Babel, Carmarthenshire, a village in Wales
- Babel, Khuzestan, a village in Iran
- The Babil Governorate in Iraq (named after Babylon) is sometimes transliterated as "Babel"
- Babel Island, Tasmania, Australia
- Mount Babel (Alberta), Canada
- Mount Babel (Quebec), Canada
- Babylon, Mesopotamia itself
Tower of Babel 
- Tower of Babel - Biblical account
- Tower of Babel (disambiguation) - various artistic and written works deriving from the Biblical account
- Babel (newspaper), an Iraqi newspaper
- Babel (book), by Patti Smith
- Babel-17, a science fiction novel by Samuel R. Delany in which the Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis is strongly influential
- Babel, a journal produced by the Australian Federation of Modern Language Teachers Associations
- Babel (album), The second studio album by Mumford & Sons released in 2012
- Babel Fish (band), a Norwegian band who got their name from the Douglas Adams books
- Babel (soundtrack), the soundtrack album from the 2006 film
- Babel Label, a British record label
- "Babel", a song from the album Heligoland by Massive Attack
- Toraware no BABEL track no.13 in the album Impact exciter, peformed by J-pop singer NANA MIZUKI in 2010.
Translation aids 
- Babel fish, a fictional creature from Douglas Adams's Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series
- Babel Fish (website), an automated bilingual dictionary lookup service for words and phrases
- Babels, a volunteer translators network
- Wikipedia:Babel, a language template system to identify Wikipedia users speaking certain languages
Star Trek 
- "Babel" (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine), an episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- Babel (planet), a neutrally aligned planet in the fictional Star Trek universe
- "Journey to Babel", an episode of Star Trek: The Original Series
- "Babel One", an episode of Star Trek: Enterprise
- GPSBabel, GPS file format conversion software
- OpenBabel, open-source chemical modeling software
- Babel (protocol), a loop-free distance-vector routing protocol
- Babel, a Turbo CD role-playing game released by Nippon Telenet
- 5808 Babel', a minor planet
- BABEL, a programming language
- Babel, a fictional artificial island from the game Thunder Force V
See also 
- All pages beginning with "Babel"
- All pages with titles containing "Babel"
- Babble (disambiguation)
- Bab (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.