From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up babel in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Babel is the name used in the Hebrew Bible for the city of Babylon.
Babel may also refer to:
- Babel, Carmarthenshire, a village in Wales
- Babel, a province in Indonesia.
- Babel, Khuzestan, a village in Iran
- The Babil Governorate in Iraq (named after Babylon) is sometimes transliterated as "Babel"
- Babel Island, Tasmania, Australia
- Mount Babel (Alberta), Canada
- Mount Babel (Quebec), Canada
- Babylon, Mesopotamia itself
Tower of Babel
- Tower of Babel — Biblical account
- Tower of Babel (disambiguation) — various artistic and written works deriving from the Biblical account
- Babel (newspaper), an Iraqi newspaper
- Babel (book), by Patti Smith
- Babel-17, a science fiction novel by Samuel R. Delany in which the Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis is strongly influential
- Babel, a journal produced by the Australian Federation of Modern Language Teachers Associations
Film, television and entertainment
- Babel fish, a fictional creature from Douglas Adams's Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series
- Babel Fish (website), an automated bilingual dictionary lookup service for words and phrases
- Babels, a volunteer translators network
- "Babel" (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine), an episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- Babel (planet), a neutrally aligned planet in the fictional Star Trek universe
- "Babel One", an episode of Star Trek: Enterprise
Technology and science
- GPSBabel, GPS file format conversion software
- OpenBabel, open-source chemical modeling software
- Babel (protocol), a loop-free distance-vector routing protocol
- Babel, a Turbo CD role-playing game released by Nippon Telenet
- 5808 Babel', a minor planet
- Babel, cantata for reciter, male chorus & orchestra by Igor Stravinsky, 1944
- Babel Label, a British record label
- Babel (soundtrack), Gustavo Santaolalla, the soundtrack album from the 2006 film
- Babel (album), a 2012 album by Mumford & Sons, or its title track (see below)
- Babel, album by German electronic musician Klaus Schulze, 1987
- Babel, Banda Pau Brasil 1997
- Babel, Hughes de Courson 2008
- Babel, Gabriel Yacoub 1997
- Babel, Philip Catherine 1980
- Babel, D*Note 1993
- "Babel" (song), the title track of the aforementioned album by Mumford & Sons
- Babel Fish (band), a Norwegian band who got their name from the Douglas Adams books
- "Babel", a song from the album Heligoland by Massive Attack
- "Babel" by Andreas Grosser Klaus Schulze
- "Babel" by Myra Melford
- "Babel", Randy VanWarmer, B-side to "Suzi" 1981
- All pages beginning with "Babel"
- All pages with titles containing "Babel"
- Babble (disambiguation)
- Bab (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Babel.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.