Babol Noshirvani University of Technology
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011)|
|Babol Noshirvani University of Technology|
|دانشگاه صنعتی نوشیروانی بابل|
The university's administration building
|Noshirvani Institute of Technology|
|Chancellor||Javad Vaseghi Amiri|
|Location||Babol, Māzandarān, Iran|
History and Mission
Noshirvani Institute of Technology was founded in 1970 by a philanthropist of Iran, Late Seyed Hossein Fallah Noshirvani. The college is situated in Babol a city in Mazandaran Province in the north of Iran, 20 km south of the Caspian Sea.
It was established in 1970 as Technical Teacher's Training Institute of Babol. In 1979 it amalgamated with University of Mazandaran and operated as the University of Mazandaran Faculty of Engineering. In 2005, the process of independence from University of Mazandaran started and until March 2008 it was operated as Noshirvani Institute of Technology (Babol Noshiravani Technical and Educational Complex). In March 2008 it was upgraded to the Babol Noshirvani University of Technology.
Chancellor: Javad Vaseqi Amiri, Associate Professor of Civil Engineering, since 2014
- Vice-Chancellor for University: Kurosh Sedighi, Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering
- Chancellor of International Campus: Mousa Farhadi, Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering
- Vice-Chancellor for Education: Mohammad Bakhshi Jooybari, Professor of Mechanical Engineering
- Vice-Chancellor for Research and Technology: Majid Taghizadeh, Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering
- Vice-Chancellor for Administrative and Financial: Sayyed Hashem Rasouli, Assistant Professor of Mathematics
- Vice-Chancellor for Student: Mohammad Reza Hassanzadeh, Assistant Professor of Electrical Engineering
- Vice-Chancellor for Cultural and Social: Abolfazl Ranjbar Noei, Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering
The college was constructed on 11 hectares of land and occupies three buildings and four workshops and laboratory blocks housing four engineering departments.
Adjacent to the amphitheater is an administration block housing the director’s and deputy director’s offices.
Major faculties of the university:
- Dean of Faculty: Assoc. Prof. Hassan Alinejad
- Academic staff: 2 Associate professor, 20 Assistant Prof and 2 Lecturer
- MSc in Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics
- Dean of Faculty: Assist. Prof. Ahmad Rahimpour
- Academic staff: 2 Professor, 4 Associate Prof, 11 Assistant Prof, 1 Lecturer
- BSc in Chemical Eng ( Process design and Food Ind. )
- MSc in Chemical Eng ( Advanced Chemical Eng, Separation process and Thermodynamics )
- PhD in Chemical Eng ( Biotechnology and Chemical Eng )
- Dean of Faculty: Assoc. Prof. Bahram Navayineya
- Academic staff: 6 Associate professor, 16 Assistant Prof, 5 Lecturer and 2 PhD Candidate
- BSc in Civil Engineering, Surveying Engineering and Architectural Engineering
- MSc and PhD in Civil Eng ( Structure, Earthquake Eng., Hydraulic structures, Geotechnical, Highway and Transportation, and Environmental Eng. )
- PhD in Civil Eng ( Construction management )
Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Dean of Faculty: Assist. Prof. Sayed Asghar Gholamian
- Academic staff: 2 Professor, 5 Associate Prof, 25 Assistant Prof, 4 Lecturer and 3 PhD Candidate
- BSc, MSc and PhD in Electrical Eng ( Control, Communications, Electronics and Power )
- MSc and PhD in Biomedical Engineering
- BSc and MSc in Computer Engineering
- Dean of Faculty: Assoc. Prof. Salman Nourouzi
- Academic staff: 4 Professor, 8 Associate Prof, 23 Assistant Prof, 2 Lecturer and 2 PhD Candidate
- BSc, MSc and PhD in Mechanical Eng ( Thermo fluids, Manufacturing and Applied Design )
- BSc and MSc in Materials Science and Engineering and Industrial Engineering
- MSc in Naval Architect Engineering
Nanotechnology Research Institute
- Head of Institute: Prof. Mohsen Jahanshahi
- Researchers: 6 Professor, 7 Associate Prof, 8 Assistant Prof and 20 Postgruadute Students
Islamic Culture Group
- Head of Geoup: Assist. Prof. S. Hassan Aghababaei
- Academic staff: 4 Assistant Professor
Student activist Sayed Ziaoddin "Zia" Nabavi attended the university as an engineering student before being banned from higher education for his anti-government political activities. Along with other banned students, he formed the Council to Defend the Right to Education to defend their rights to continue attending university. Following his participation in "Green Revolution" protests following President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's disputed reelection, Sayed Ziaoddin Nabavi was arrested along with his wife, and he is currently serving a ten-year prison sentence on charges of "creating unease in the public mind".
- "History & Mission". En.nit.ac.ir. Retrieved 2013-05-20.
- "School of NIT". En.nit.ac.ir. Retrieved 2013-05-20.
- "Urgent Action: Prisoner taken from cell at risk of torture". Amnesty International. 11 March 2011. Retrieved 7 January 2012.
- "Iran's dead and detained". The Guardian. 13 June 2009. Retrieved 7 January 2012.
- "Student Activist Zia Nabavi Marks Another Birthday in Prison". Amnesty International. 20 December 2011. Retrieved 7 January 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Babol Noshirvani University of Technology.|