||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012)|
15 February 1935 |
Badr has written many Urdu ghazals. He has also worked as a chairman of the Urdu Akademi.
Badr has received the Padma Shri award in 1999 for contribution towards literature and Sangeet Natak Akademi. He has also received the Sahitya Akademi Award in Urdu for his poetry collection "Aas" in 1999.
- Official website
- International Reader's Society of Poet Bashir Badr
- Bashir Badr at Kavita Kosh (Hindi)
- Bashir Badr at Jakhira.com(Hindi)
- Bashir Badr at Urdu Poetry Archive
- An essay on Bashir Badr (may require login):
- Bashir Badar
|This article about an Indian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|