|Comune di Belvedere Marittimo|
|Frazioni||Laise, Santa Litterata, Trifari, Oracchio, Rocca.|
|• Mayor||Arch. Mauro D'Aprile|
|• Total||37 km2 (14 sq mi)|
|Elevation||0 m (0 ft)|
|• Density||250/km2 (650/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Patron saint||San Daniele|
|Saint day||13 October|
The town is made of two separate urbanized areas also called "paese" and "marina". The first is what's left of the original medieval town, the second was developed in more recent decades and it now represents the center of Belvedere Marittimo's commercial and touristic services.
The town was also the birthplace of Saint Daniel Fasanella who is also the town's patron saint.
- The "Castello del Principe" was originally built by the Normans on what is the highest hill by the coast, around the year 1000. The castle was restored and enriched during the Spanish domination to assume the shape and architecture currently visible.
- Monastery of "San Daniele" (16th century)
- "Paolo Emilio" Roman tower
- Church of "Rosario" (Rosary) founded in 1091
- Wooden Crucifix (17th century)
- S.Daniele Festival and street market. 13–20 October
- On May 15, 2008, Belvedere Marittimo was the starting point of the 5th stage of the road bicycle race Giro d'Italia (Tour of Italy)
- Every July, Belvedere Marittimo is the central point of Southern of Italy with ndf event. Fireworks that started from sea, synchronized with music. The Best for the Human Sense. In 2012 edition there were about 150.000 peoples.
|This Calabrian location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|