Rappaport at the Television Critics Association, July 30, 2010
|Born||Bennett Eli Rappaport
March 23, 1986
Arlington, Texas, U.S.
Bennett Eli "Ben" Rappaport (born March 23, 1986) is an American actor. He played the role of Todd Dempsy in the NBC sitcom Outsourced, which aired during the 2010–2011 television season. The series marked Rappaport's debut acting role on screen.
Life and career
Rappaport was born in Arlington, Texas and was active in the arts (painting and playing guitar) during his childhood. He was raised in the Jewish religion, and his "Jewish identity" is important to him. He attended Klein High School near Houston. Rappaport developed an interest in acting at the age of fifteen, and subsequently graduated from the Juilliard School in New York City where he studied acting. He was the recipient of the Michel and Suria Saint-Denis Prize as a Juilliard student, which is the Drama Department's highest honor.
Rappaport was featured in a Kay Jeweler's holiday commercial. The ad was well known because it prominently featured sign language and a deaf character. In 2010, Rappaport was cast in the lead role as Todd Dempsy in the NBC series, Outsourced. The role marked Rappaport's first on screen acting job. Rappaport had previously performed in theater and stage productions. He resides in Studio City, Los Angeles.
|2012||The Brass Teapot||Ricky|
|2011||Untitled Peter Knight Comedy Project||Danny||Main character
CBS Original Movie
|2010–2011||Outsourced||Todd Dempsy||Main character; series regular|
|2010||Late Night with Jimmy Fallon||Himself||"Episode #1.314"|
|2010||The Tonight Show with Jay Leno||Himself||"Episode #19.14"|
|2011||The 37th Annual People's Choice Awards||Himself|
|2012||Elementary||Dr. Cahill||"Episode #1.05"|
|2013||The Good Wife||Carey Zepps||Recurring role (season 5-present)|
- "According to the State of Texas. Texas Birth Index, 1926-1995". Familytreelegends.com. Retrieved 2013-01-02.
- "Ben Rappaport Fan". Archived from the original on 16 October 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-26.
- Cutler, Jacqueline (September 30, 2010). "Celebrity Scoop: Ben Rappaport". Zap2It. Archived from the original on 5 October 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-08.
- Martindale, David (2010-09-22). "Five questions with Ben Rappaport of NBC's new 'Outsourced'". Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Archived from the original on 2010-11-08. Retrieved 2010-10-14.
- Hernandez, Greg (September 23, 2010). "Thursday Morning Man: Ben Rappaport!". greginhollywood.com. Retrieved 2010-10-20.
- Klein High graduate is the lead actor on a new NBC sitcom
- Miller, Gerri (November, 2010). "Ben Rappaport: Straight from the Source". BabagaNewz. Archived from the original on 13 November 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-11.
- "Ben Rappaport Stars In New NBC Comedy 'Outsourced'". WPIX. 2010-10-14. Archived from the original on 4 November 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-14.
- "kay jewelers commercial". YouTube. 2008-12-13. Retrieved 2013-01-02.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ben Rappaport.|