Blue Mountain Community College
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2009)|
|Blue Mountain Community College|
|Location||Pendleton, Oregon, USA|
Blue Mountain Community College is a community college located in Pendleton, Oregon, United States, and serves Umatilla, Morrow, and Baker counties. It was established in 1962 and currently offers Associate of Arts degrees, Associate of Science degrees, Associate of Applied Science degrees, Certificates, and transfer degrees to four-year colleges.
Notable degree programs include Agriculture, where you can receive; Associate of Science (Transfer Degree) Associate of Applied Science - Agriculture/Business Associate of Applied Science - Agriculture Production Associate of Applied Science - Agriculture Production/Crops Associate of Applied Science - Agriculture Production/Livestock
Dental Assisting where you can receive a Dental Assisting Technician Certificate
Nursing Associate of Applied Science(A.A.S.)in Nursing
- A.A.S./Civil Engineering Technology
- A.A.S./Drafting Technology
College Prep Programs include GED, ABE and ESL courses. Also included are Language Arts 25/35 and Human Development courses.
Blue Mountain also offers a variety of distance education programs for those students residing in outlying areas.
Eastern Oregon University also has a Distance Education Office located at the Pendleton branch of BMCC.
Blue Mountain Community College has Athletics for both men and women. BMCC offers basketball, volleyball, baseball, softball, and rodeo.
- Our men's and women's athletic teams have won many national and regional honors.
- All athletics are organized under the office of Student & Enrollment Services. BMCC is a member of the Northwest Athletic Association of Community Colleges and the National Intercollegiate Rodeo Association.
The Northwest Athletic Association of Community Colleges comprises 36 colleges divided into four Regions. Blue Mountain CC is in the Eastern Region along with Big Bend CC, Columbia Basin CC, CC of Spokane, Walla Walla CC, Wenatchee Valley CC, Yakima Valley CC and Treasure Valley CC.
Blue Mountain's athletic complex was completed in 1975. Our facilities include a gymnasium, and an indoor swimming pool. We also have a weight room, racquetball courts, and a training room.
- "BMCC Grant County | Blue Mountain Community College". Bluecc.edu. 2009-12-04. Retrieved 2013-06-03.
- "BMCC South Morrow County | Blue Mountain Community College". Bluecc.edu. 2009-12-04. Retrieved 2013-06-03.
|This article about a university or college in Oregon is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|