Bobby Taylor (American football)
No. 21, 24
|Date of birth:December 28, 1973|
|Place of birth: Houston, Texas|
|High school: Longview (TX)|
|College: Notre Dame|
|NFL Draft: 1995 / Round: 2 / Pick: 50|
|Debuted in 1995 for the Philadelphia Eagles|
|Last played in 2004 for the Seattle Seahawks|
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
Robert Taylor, III (born December 28, 1973) is a former American college and professional football player who was a cornerback in the National Football League (NFL) for ten seasons. He played college football for the University of Notre Dame, and earned All-American honors. A second-round draft pick, he played professionally for the Philadelphia Eagles and Seattle Seahawks of the NFL.
Taylor was born in Houston, Texas. He attended Longview High School in Longview, Texas, and played high school football for the Longview Lobos and was also a member of the Lobos' Texas Class 5A state basketball championship team.
Taylor attended the University of Notre Dame, where he played for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish football team from 1991 to 1994. As a senior in 1994, was recognized as a consensus first-team All-American.
Taylor was selected in the second round of the 1995 NFL Draft by the Philadelphia Eagles. He played for the Eagles from 1995 until 2003. He was selected for one Pro Bowl during his time as an Eagle, following the 2002 season in which he had five interceptions and a touchdown return. He was also a first-team All-Pro selection in 2002.
After playing nine seasons for the Eagles, Taylor played for the Seattle Seahawks in ten games during his final season in 2004. In ten NFL seasons, he appeared in 129 regular season games, started 109 of them, amassed 384 tackles and four quarterback sacks, with 19 interceptions for 224 interception return yards and two touchdowns. He also compiled 11 fumble recoveries and six forced fumbles.
- GP: games played
- COMB: combined tackles
- TOTAL: total tackles
- AST: assisted tackles
- SACK: sacks
- FF: forced fumbles
- FR: fumble recoveries
- FR YDS: fumble return yards
- INT: interceptions
- IR YDS: interception return yards
- AVG IR: average interception return
- LNG: longest interception return
- TD: interceptions returned for touchdown
- PD: passes defensed
Taylor appeared on an episode of MTV Cribs.
- National Football League, Historical Players, Bobby Taylor. Retrieved February 7, 2012.
- databaseFootball.com, Players, Bobby Taylor. Retrieved February 7, 2012.
- 2010 Division I Football Record Book, Award Winners and All-Americans, National Collegiate Athletic Association, Indianapolis, Indiana, p. 10 (2010). Retrieved February 7, 2012.
- Pro Football Hall of Fame, Draft History, 1995 National Football League Draft. Retrieved February 7, 2012.
- Pro-Football-Reference.com, Players, Bobby Taylor. Retrieved February 7, 2012.
- "Bobby Taylor Stats". ESPN Internet Ventures. Retrieved 20 March 2014.