|Pittsburgh Pirates – No. 59|
April 21, 1987 |
|Bats: Right||Throws: Right|
|September 7, 2010 for the Chicago White Sox|
(through June 23, 2014)
|Runs batted in||54|
Morel attended Centennial High School in Bakersfield, California, and California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo, California, where he played college baseball for the Cal Poly Mustangs.
Chicago White Sox
Morel was drafted by the Chicago White Sox in the third round of the 2008 Major League Baseball Draft. He was called up to the majors for the first time on September 2, 2010. Morel hit his first major league hit and home run in the same at bat on September 10, 2010 against Kansas City Royals pitcher Bruce Chen.
Toronto Blue Jays
- Gonzales, Mark (September 2, 2010). "Third base help on the way for Sox". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved May 9, 2014.
- "Toronto Blue Jays claim third baseman Brent Morel off waivers from Chicago White Sox". Canadian Press. December 23, 2013. Retrieved December 23, 2013.
- Adams, Steve (February 21, 2014). "Blue Jays Claim Liam Hendriks, Designate Brent Morel For Assignment". MLB Trade Rumors. Retrieved May 9, 2014.
- "Pirates claim INF Morel off waivers from Blue Jays". Associated Press. ESPN.com. February 24, 2014. Retrieved February 28, 2014.
- Singer, Tom; Nowak, Joey (March 21, 2014). "Pirates cut eight from Spring Training roster". MLB.com. Retrieved May 9, 2014.
- "Pirates recall infielder Brent Morel". Associated Press. ESPN.com. May 9, 2014. Retrieved May 9, 2014.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)