The area stretches from the Harz foothills down to the Burgdorf-Peine Geest in the north. Its core territory comprised the historic Duchy of Brunswick and its successor, the Free State of Brunswick (except for the district of Holzminden, as well as Calvörde, and Blankenburg, which today are part of Saxony-Anhalt).
- the city of Braunschweig
- the district of Goslar
- the district of Helmstedt
- the district of Peine
- the district of Wolfenbüttel
- the towns of Salzgitter and Wolfsburg
The Brunswick Country Socieity (Verein Braunschweigische Landschaft) has set itself the aim of promoting the identity of Brunswick Land and ties between the populations and their history after the foundation of the state of Lower Saxony. It uses a silhouette of the Saxon steed as its emblem.
Legends and traditions
Towns and cities in Brunswick Land
- Excursions in Brunswick Land with descriptions of numerous places and sights (German)
- Reiseland-Niedersachsen - Das Braunschweiger Land (German)