Céline sur les Plaines
|Céline sur les Plaines|
|Video by Céline Dion|
|Released||November 11, 2008
(see release history)
|Recorded||August 22, 2008 in Quebec City, Canada|
|Label||Les Productions Feeling Inc.|
|Director||Jean Lamoureux, Stéphane Laporte|
|Céline Dion video chronology|
Céline sur les Plaines is the ninth home video by Canadian singer Celine Dion, released on DVD in Quebec on November 11, 2008. Titled Live à Quebec, it was also released in France and Belgium on May 20, 2009, in two editions: standard DVD, and collector's edition DVD in digipak with 10 photographs from the concert.
The DVD contains Dion's historic performance in front of 250,000 spectators to celebrate Quebec's 400th anniversary. The concert was held at the Plains of Abraham in Quebec City, Canada on August 22, 2008. Dion and her personally chosen guests: Garou, Marc Dupré, Nanette Workman, Dan Bigras, Mes Aïeux, the Dion family, Zachary Richard, Éric Lapointe, Claude Dubois, Jean-Pierre Ferland and Ginette Reno performed over 30 songs. The show aired live on Bell TV and was watched by additional 200,000 people. Later on September 21, 2008 the short version of Céline sur les Plaines was televised on TVA and became the evening's most-watched broadcast in the province of Quebec. It attracted an average of 1,706,000 viewers.
Filmed in high definition with 5.1 surround sound, this DVD presents three hours of concert footage and is filled with additional thirty minutes of bonus features, including sneak peeks into rehearsals, behind-the-scenes action, and never-before-seen footage.
"Un peu plus haut, un peu plus loin" from the concert was often played by Quebec radio stations, starting from November 2008.
After the concert, Zachary Richard recorded "Acadian Driftwood" as a duet with Dion and included it on his album Last Kiss, released on April 7, 2009.
"L'amour existe encore" performed by Dion and Éric Lapointe during the Quebec's concert appeared on Lapointe's album Ailleurs Volume 1, released on April 28, 2009. Radio stations in Quebec started playing it in May 2009. The song charted on the Canadian Adult Contemporary Chart and Quebec Airplay Chart (top 10 on the Francophone Radio BDS).
Céline sur les Plaines debuted at the top of the Music DVD Chart in Quebec according to Nielsen SoundScan. With 32,800 copies sold in Quebec in its first week, the DVD had the highest entry sales numbers for all DVDs in Canada for 2008. After just 3 weeks, Céline sur les Plaines has sold 49,059 in Quebec alone. In 2009, it received a Félix Award for a DVD of the Year. As of October 2013, the DVD has sold over 100,000 copies in Canada being eligible for Diamond certification.
Live à Quebec also debuted at number 1 in France and spent three weeks at the top and 48 weeks on the chart in total. It has sold 34,250 copies in 2009, becoming the best selling DVD by a female artist in France that year and tenth best selling DVD overall. In the first half of 2010, the DVD has sold additional 3,290 copies, bringing total to 37,540 copies. The DVD became eligible for Double Platinum certification.
In Belgium Wallonia, Live à Quebec entered the chart at number 1 and spent four weeks at the top. In Belgium Flandres it peaked at number 10. After 30 weeks on the chart in Belgium Wallonia, it became the fifth best-selling DVD of the year 2009. In Belgium Flandres, the DVD spent 26 weeks on the chart and became the 43rd best-selling DVD of 2009. After additional 14 weeks on the chart in 2010, it became also the 29th best selling DVD in 2010 in Belgium Wallonia.
- Avant le spectacle
- "Dans un autre monde" (Celine Dion)
- "Destin" (Celine Dion)
- "On ne change pas" (Celine Dion)
- "Sous le vent" (Celine Dion and Garou)
- "Seul" (Garou)
- "Si pour te plaire" (Marc Dupré)
- "Tout près du bonheur" (Celine Dion and Marc Dupré)
- "Show" (Nanette Workman)
- "Lady Marmelade" (Celine Dion and Nanette Workman)
- "J'irai où tu iras" (Celine Dion and Nanette Workman)
- "Tue-moi" (Celine Dion and Dan Bigras)
- "Ô Fortuna" (Dan Bigras)
- "Les trois petits cochons" (Dan Bigras and Mes Aïeux)
- "Ton père est un croche" (Mes Aïeux)
- "Le déni de l'évidence" (Mes Aïeux)
- Céline en coulisses 1
- "Dégénérations/Le reel du fossé" (Celine Dion and Mes Aïeux)
- Medley de la Famille Dion: "Jos Montferrand/La bastringue/Jack Monoloy/Le reel facile/Dans nos vieilles maisons/Le bal chez Jos Brûlé/À la claire fontaine" (Celine Dion and the Dion family)
- "La ballade de Jean Batailleur" (Zachary Richard)
- "La promesse cassée" (Celine Dion and Zachary Richard)
- "L'arbre est dans ses feuilles" (Celine Dion and Zachary Richard)
- "L'amour existe encore" (Celine Dion and Éric Lapointe)
- "Toucher" (Éric Lapointe)
- "Mon ange" (Éric Lapointe)
- Céline en coulisses 2
- "La chasse-galerie" (Éric Lapointe, Garou and Claude Dubois)
- "Si Dieu existe" (Celine Dion and Claude Dubois)
- "Femme de rêve" (Claude Dubois)
- "Et s'il n'en restait qu'une (je serais celle-là)" (Celine Dion)
- "S'il suffisait d'aimer" (Celine Dion)
- "Pour que tu m'aimes encore" (Celine Dion)
- "Une chance qu'on s'a" (Celine Dion and Jean-Pierre Ferland)
- "Un peu plus haut, un peu plus loin" (Celine Dion, Jean-Pierre Ferland and Ginette Reno)
- Après le spectacle
|Belgian Flandres Music DVD Chart||10|
|Belgian Wallonia Music DVD Chart||1|
|French Music DVD Chart||1|
|Quebec Music DVD Chart||1|
|Quebec||November 11, 2008||Les Productions Feeling Inc.||DVD||64027233193|
|Belgium, France||May 20, 2009||TF1||3384442217859|
|DVD (digipak with photographs)||3384442217866|
- New Celine DVD!. Retrieved November 13, 2008.
- Céline sur les Plaines. Retrieved March 1, 2009.
- dvd de l'année. Retrieved October 26, 2009.
- Richer, Jocelyne (2008-08-23). "Celine Dion performs free concert". CANOE. The Canadian Press. Retrieved 2008-09-14.[dead link]
- Céline sur les Plaines. Retrieved November 11, 2008.
- Celine on the Charts. Retrieved May 30, 2009.
- Le DVD «Céline sur les Plaines» le plus vendu au Québec. Retrieved November 21, 2008.
- 'Céline sur les Plaines' at the Top of the DVD Sales Chart in Quebec!. Retrieved December 1, 2008.
- Memoire de Quebecor Media inc. Retrieved March 15, 2010.
- "What is Gold Platinum Certification?". Music Canada. Retrieved 2013-10-01.
- Cité de la musique. Retrieved April 23, 2010.
- Cité de la musique. Retrieved July 15, 2010.
- "Disque en France: Les Certifications" (in French). Disque en France Syndicat National de l'Édition Phonographique. Retrieved 2013-03-18.
- Rapports annuels 2009 - DVD musicaux
- Rapports annuels 2009 - muziek DVD
- Rapports annuels 2010 - DVD musicaux
- Belgian Flandres Music DVD Chart
- Belgian Wallonia Music DVD Chart
- French Music DVD Chart