COEX Convention & Exhibition Center
|COEX Convention & Exhibition Center|
Coex Convention & Exhibition Center
Coex Convention & Exhibition Center located in Samseong-dong of Gangnam-gu district, Seoul, is one of South Korea's largest convention and exhibition centers. It was designed by Larry Oltmanns who was a Design Partner with SOM at the time. The four-story center has four exhibition halls and 48 meeting rooms. It is operated by Coex Co. Ltd., a subsidiary of Korea International Trade Association.
Situated on Teheranno in Samseong-dong, Gangnam-gu district of Seoul, the site is part of the COEX complex which includes the convention and exhibition center, the COEX Mall, three luxury hotels, an urban airport terminal, a multiplex cinema, the COEX Aquarium, CoexArtium Theater, ASEM Tower and the Seven Luck Casino. Up to 200,000 people visit it for work and shop every day.
The 836-meter (914-yard) section of sidewalk along Yeongdong Boulevard from exit No.5 of Samseong Station on Seoul Subway Line 2, outside Convention & Exhibition Center and ASEM Tower is designated as a smoke-free zone by the Seoul Metropolitan Government.
COEX Mall as well as from the full renovation is scheduled to begin in March 2013.
- 2010 G-20 Seoul summit - November 2010
- 2012 Nuclear Security Summit - 26–27 March 2012
- International Congress on Mathematical Education - 8–15 July 2012
- TVing OSL Finals - 28 July 2012
- "Coex Visitor Information page"
- Kwon, Sang-soo (12 September 2012). "City designates area by COEX as smoke-free". Joongang Daily. Retrieved 5 October 2012.
- "Seoul Nuclear Security Summit Gets Underway Monday" Chosun Ilbo. 26 March 2012. Retrieved 2012-03-26
- "Tving OSL Final to be held at COEX in Seoul" Teamliquid - translated from esports.dailygame.co.kr. 14 June 2012. Retrieved 2012-06-25
- Coex English page
- Coex: Official Seoul City Tourism
- Coex: Seoul Convention Bureau
- About Larry Oltmanns and the Korea World Trade Center