Calabasas High School
|Calabasas High School|
|22855 Mulholland Highway
Calabasas, CA, 91302
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Las Virgenes Unified|
|Faculty||75.8 (on FTE basis)|
|Enrollment||1,796 (as of 2012–13)|
|Student to teacher ratio||25.6|
|Athletics||Member of the Marmonte League in the California Interscholastic Federation|
|Accreditation||Western Association of Schools and Colleges|
Calabasas High School is a four-year high school in Calabasas, California, United States.
Calabasas High School, which serves Calabasas, and portions of West Hills, Los Angeles, California is one of three high schools in the Las Virgenes Unified School District (along with Agoura High School and Indian Hills High School in Agoura Hills, California).
During the 2006–07 school year Calabasas High School was recognized with the Blue Ribbon School Award of Excellence by the United States Department of Education, the highest award the Department of Education gives.
The school plays its football games at Keith Ritchie Field, an open-air stadium located in Calabasas, California, with a capacity of approximately 3,000. The stadium is the home of the Coyotes – Calabasas High School's American football, track and field and soccer teams. It is also formerly the home field for the USL Premier Development League club, the San Fernando Valley Quakes.
In 2013 students chose a same-sex couple for homecoming queen and queen.
- Brandon Boyd, vocalist of Incubus
- Katie Cassidy, actress
- Mike Einziger, guitarist of Incubus
- Danielle Fishel, actress
- Gaby Hoffmann, actress
- Erik Menendez – of The Menendez Brothers
- José Pasillas, drummer of Incubus
- Jim Rome, television and radio host
- Rick Schroder, actor
- Daniel Steres, professional soccer player
- Evan Rosenblum, TMZ producer 
- Front Office
- Calabasas High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved November 5, 2007.
- U.S. Department of Education Blue Ribbon Schools Program: Schools Recognized 2003 through 2006 (PDF), United States Department of Education. Accessed May 11, 2006.
- CIBA cited as one of the best by Education Department[dead link], Journal Inquirer, November 16, 2006. "The Blue Ribbon award is given only to schools that reach the top 10 percent of their state's testing scores over several years or show significant gains in student achievement. It is considered the highest honor a school can achieve."
- Viers Mill School Wins Blue Ribbon; School Scored High on Statewide Test; The Washington Post. September 29, 2005 "For their accomplishments, all three schools this month earned the status of Blue Ribbon School, the highest honor the U.S. Education Department can bestow upon a school."
- [dead link]
- "Three Calabasas High students charged with vandalizing campus with racist graffiti". Los Angeles Times. May 17, 2011. Retrieved May 18, 2011.
- Moreno, John. "Same-Sex Couple Crowned as Homecoming Queens at Calabasas High School". ktla.com. Retrieved 2014-05-23.
- http://www.indexmagazine.com/interviews/gaby_hoffman.shtml Accessed April 26, 2014. "Gaby Hoffmann is a fifteen-year-old actress and Calabasas High School student..."
- http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives? p_product=LA&p_theme=la&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_topdoc=1&p_text_direct-0=0EF61891629294C0&p_field_direct-0=document_id&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM "Menendez brother admitted to slayings, transcript says"], Daily News of Los Angeles, April 17, 1993. Accessed November 10, 2007. "Craig Cignarelli – who became best friends with Erik Menendez after the two met in 1986 at Calabasas High School..."
- Morrison, Mark. " A little Schroder. A little wiser. Former child star Rick (a k a Ricky) Schroder 's grown-up role on NYPD Blue could earn him a nod in next week's Emmy nominations."[dead link], USA Today, July 11, 1999. Accessed November 10, 2007. "When I finished Silver Spoons and I went back to Calabasas High School for senior year, I had a tough time."
- Gittelson, Gerry. "Ex-Calabasas receiver Rosenblum scores with TMZ". Los Angeles Daily News. Retrieved 2014-05-23.