California Secretary of State election, 2010
|Elections in California|
The 2010 California Secretary of State election was held on November 2, 2010, to choose the Secretary of State of California. The primary election was held on June 8, 2010. Incumbent Debra Bowen won reelection.
The following were certified by the California Secretary of State as candidates in the primary election for Secretary of State. Candidates who won their respective primaries and qualified for the general election are shown in bold.
- Merton Short, aviator
- Debra Bowen, incumbent Secretary of State
- Ann Menasche, civil rights attorney
- Christina Tobin, voting rights advocate
Peace and Freedom
- Marylou Cabral, community volunteer
|California Republican Secretary of State primary, 2010|
|Roy Allmond (write-in)||58||0%|
|California Secretary of State primary, 2010 (others)|
|Democratic||Debra Bowen (incumbent)||2,044,327||100%|
|American Independent||Merton Short||40,551||100%|
|Peace and Freedom||Marylou Cabral||4,046||100%|
General Election results
|California Secretary of State election, 2010|
|Democratic||Debra Bowen (incumbent)||3,786,174||53.1%|
|American Independent||Merton D. Short||121,023||1.6%|
|Peace and Freedom||Marylou Cabral||120,338||1.6%|
|Invalid or blank votes||%|
- "2010 Gubernatorial Primary - June 8, 2010: Official Certified List of Candidates" (PDF). California Secretary of State. April 9, 2010. Retrieved June 2, 2010.
- "Certified List of Write-In Candidates for the June 8, 2010, Statewide Direct Primary Election" (PDF). California Secretary of State. May 28, 2010. Retrieved June 2, 2010.
Official campaign Web sites