Assistive technology is technology, or enhancements to technology, or methods of using technology, that make it possible for disabled persons to use technology (or to use it easily) that they were formerly unable to use (or to use with only some difficulty).
- Assistive Technology Device
- "Any item, piece of equipment, or system, whether acquired commercially, modified, or customized, that is commonly used to increase, maintain, or improve functional capabilities of individuals with disabilities." -TECHNOLOGY-RELATED ASSISTANCE FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES ACT OF 1988 AS AMENDED IN 1994, US Public Laws 100-407 and 103-218.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Assistive technology.|
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
- ► Computer accessibility (9 C, 26 P)
- ► Disability robots (4 P)
- ► Mobility devices (2 C, 36 P)
Pages in category "Assistive technology"
The following 150 pages are in this category, out of 150 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- Same language subtitling
- Screen magnifier
- Screen reader
- Semantic compaction
- Speech synthesis
- Spoken Web
- Standing frame
- Standing wheelchair
- STS relay
- Subtitle (captioning)
- Switch access
- Switch access scanning
- Switch adapted toys