Celair GA-1 Celstar
|National origin||South Africa|
|Manufacturer||Celair Pty Limited|
|Number built||At least eight|
Design and development 
The aircraft is made from a combination of fibreglass and aramid. Its 11.2 m (36.7 ft) span wing employs a Wortmann FX-71-L-150/25 airfoil. The ailerons are full-span and mass-balanced. Dive brakes are used for approach control.
Operational history 
Specifications (GA-1) 
Data from Sailplane Directory
- Crew: one
- Wingspan: 11.2 m (36 ft 9 in)
- Wing area: 11.54 m2 (124.2 sq ft)
- Aspect ratio: 10.9:1
- Airfoil: Wortmann FX-71-L-150/25
- Empty weight: 265 kg (584 lb)
- Gross weight: 385 kg (849 lb)
- g limits: +/-10g
- Maximum glide ratio: 25:1
- Rate of sink: 0.89 m/s (175 ft/min)
- Wing loading: 33.36 kg/m² (6.83 lb/sq ft)
See also 
- Aircraft of comparable role, configuration and era
- Related lists
- Activate Media (2006). "GA-1 Celstar Celair". Retrieved 10 August 2011.
- Lednicer, David (2010). "The Incomplete Guide to Airfoil Usage". Retrieved 1 August 2011.
- Staff (December 1990). "Celstar Export Makes History". Flight International. Retrieved 10 August 2011.
- Federal Aviation Administration (August 2011). "Make / Model Inquiry Results". Retrieved 10 August 2011.