China Chow (born April 1974) is a British actress and model.
Personal life 
Chow was born in London, England to restaurateur Michael Chow and late model/designer Tina Chow. Her parents left London for New York when she was 5 years old. She is of Chinese, Japanese, German American, and Scottish ancestry. Her step-mother is Eva Chun, and she has a brother, Maximillion, who is three years younger. Her aunt is actress and one-time Bond girl Tsai Chin.
She began dating actor Mark Wahlberg after meeting while working on the film The Big Hit in 1998. They dated for 4 years. She later dated comedian Steve Coogan for several years.
Before becoming an actress, Chow was the first college graduate in her family, majoring in psychology at Scripps College. She then spent several years following in her mother's footsteps working as a model for Shiseido cosmetics, Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein. Her modeling led to her being named one of Harper's Bazaar's "It Girls" in 1996 and an appearance in the December 1996 edition of Vogue magazine's "The Next Best-Dressed List". In 2000, she posed for Maxim magazine and she is also featered in their Girls of Maxim gallery. She was ranked #22 and #54 on the Maxim Hot 100 Women of 2000 and 2001, respectively.
Chow made her acting debut in 1998, starring opposite Mark Wahlberg in The Big Hit. In 2007, Chow appeared on USA Network's first season of Burn Notice as former spy Lucy.
Chow is the host and a judge of Bravo television's new competitive reality show, Work of Art: The Next Great Artist, which premiered on June 9, 2010.
Chow provided the voice of "Katie Zhan" in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
- ^ Kuczynski, Alex (April 19, 1998). "SHOPPING WITH: CHINA CHOW; Mirror, Mirror, Who's the Best Dressed of All?". The New York Times. Retrieved April 28, 2010.
- ^ Wloszczyna, Susan (April 23, 1998). "China Chow a spicy 'Big Hit' in film debut". USA TODAY.
- ^ a b c d China Chow, With a Look of Her Own Making; New York Times; December 20, 2011
- ^ Hind, John (August 15, 2010). "Steve Coogan: my life on a plate". The Observer (London).
- ^ Girls of Maxim — Hot 100 Women 2000; Maxim; May 1, 2000
- ^ Girls of Maxim — Hot 100 Women 2001; Maxim; May 1, 2001
- ^ "FreeJose.com". Maxim Magazine Hot 100 Women of 2001. Retrieved February 19, 2007.
External links