Choujuu Sentai Liveman
|Choujuu Sentai Liveman|
The first title card for Choujuu Sentai Liveman
|Narrated by||Takeshi Kuwabara|
|Country of origin||Japan|
|No. of episodes||49|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||TV Asahi
|Original channel||TV Asahi|
|Original run||February 27, 1988 – February 18, 1989|
|Preceded by||Hikari Sentai Maskman|
|Followed by||Kousoku Sentai Turboranger|
Choujuu Sentai Liveman (超獣戦隊ライブマン Chōjū Sentai Raibuman?, [Note 1]) is the twelfth entry of Toei Company's Super Sentai television series. The last Super Sentai title of the Shōwa period, it aired on TV Asahi from February 27, 1988 to February 18, 1989. Its international English title as listed by Toei is simply Liveman. The series was broadcast in France as Bioman 3, being marketed as the direct sequels to Choudenshi Bioman and Bioman 2 (Hikari Sentai Maskman).
It was the first Super Sentai Series that introduced animal-based mecha. It was also the first Super Sentai Series that introduced a super-combined robot (that is two robots put together).
Academia Island is an elite school that various genius students from across the globe attend. Among them are Yusuke Amamiya, Joh Ohara, Megumi Misaki, who with Takuji Yano, and Mari Aikawa sought to create a suit strong enough for space exploration. However, three of their classmates and dear friends, Kenji Tsukigata, Rui Senda, and Goh Omura, felt their talents are being wasted and leave to join an evil organization called Volt where offers them to raise their full scientific potential. As a result, when Yusuke and company saw them leaving, Kenji draws a gun on the three with Takuji and Mari taking the fatal blow. Soon after, one of the professors at the school, Professor Hoshi, pitches in to help Yusuke and his friends complete the suits so they can serve to prepare against Volt.
And then in 1988, the present day, with that Kenji, Rui, and Gou now known as Doctors Kemp, Mazenda, and Obular, Volt begins its attack by devastating Academia Island. As a result, Yusuke, Joh, and Megumi take up the suits they created and become the Livemen to battle against their former classmates and Volt. Though they managed to get Goh to leave Volt, the organization recruits new members in Doctor Ashura and the aliens Guildos and Butchy. Soon after, the Livemen are joined by Tetsuya and Jun-ichi, the respective younger brothers of Takuji and Mari, while learning that there is a darker agenda behind Volt that only its leader Bias knows.
After Black Bison and Green Rhino join the team, the Livemen can execute the Spark Attack (スパークアタック Supāku Atakku?), turning into balls of light and strike the enemy.
- Yusuke Amamiya (天宮 勇介 Amamiya Yūsuke?)/Red Falcon (レッドファルコン Reddo Farukon?): A poor student at Academia, but a strong leader and quick at thinking under pressure. He is a brave hard worker and enjoys rock music and work outs. Initially starts as a hot-headed and sarcastic rebel, but grows into the role of dependable leader as the series progresses. Yusuke was once in love with Rui Senda, but she did not return his love. He was good friends with Kenji during their first year or so at Academia until things went sour between them once Kenji started down a dark path. In the 2001 Sentai direct-to-DVD crossover film Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger vs. Super Sentai, Yusuke is found visiting the graves of Takuji Yano, Rui Senda, Kenji Tsukigata, and Mari Aikawa. He briefly dueled Gaku Washio (Gao Yellow) in a swordfight and then lectured Gaku on the many sword-wielding warriors of the Super Sentai franchise, and introduced the Gaorangers to all the 23 other Red Warriors. Interestingly, he performed his roll call twice in that special, one along with the Dream Sentai and Gaorangers and then again with the other Red Warriors.
- Joh Ohara (大原 丈 Ōhara Jō?)/Yellow Lion (イエローライオン Ierō Raion?): He is at the bottom of the class at Academia and a sportsman and skateboarder. He is short tempered and ready to dive into danger, Joh has the strength to back up his actions. He was once a good friend with Goh and heartbroken when their friendship dissolved once the weak-willed Goh fell into a bad crowd.
- Megumi Misaki (岬 めぐみ Misaki Megumi?)/Blue Dolphin (ブルードルフィン Burū Dorufin?): A top class student at Academia who was nonetheless friends with Yusuke and Joh and did powered suit research with them and the late Takuji Yano and Mari Aikawa. She is good at swimming and bicycling and was taught archery by her father. Megumi often criticizes Yuusuke's strategies. A caring figure, feeling even for her enemies. She is very skilled and has fired an arrow from the Dolphin Arrow while riding the Moto Dolphin.
- Weapons: Dolphin Arrow (ドルフィンアロー Dorufin Arō?).
- Tetsuya Yano (矢野 鉄也 Yano Tetsuya?)/Black Bison (ブラックバイソン Burakku Baison?): The younger brother of Takuji and elder brother of Takeshi. He is good at boxing. He nearly destroyed the Gran Tortoise after being taken over by Volt. Tetsuya is generally a good-hearted person, but has a temper and hatred, mostly fueled by his desire for revenge on Kemp for the murder of his older brother.
- Weapons: Bison Rod (バイソンロッド Baison Roddo?).
- Jun-ichi Aikawa (相川 純一 Aikawa Jun'ichi?)/Green Sai (グリーンサイ Gurīn Sai?): The younger brother of Mari and a rugby player. He calls Tetsuya "Tetsu-chan", looking up to him as an older brother. The youngest member of the team, temporarily leaving high school in order to fight Volt. While impregnated Vega Zuno, Junichi was fearful of the life inside him to the point of getting an abortion until the unborn Vega Baby pleas for its life and Junichi decides to "give birth," only to lose the child when killed by its biological parent and getting a newfound respect for mothers.
- Weapons: Sai Cutters (サイカッター Sai Kattā?, Rhino Cutters).
- Twin Brace (ツインブレス Tsuin Buresu?): The Liveman's transformation device. The right wrist is the one with the animal icon. When transforming by themselves, they transform by saying their name (i.e. "Red Falcon!", "Yellow Lion!" etc.). Starting with episode 4, they shout "Liveman!".
- Live Blaster (ライブラスター Raiburasutā?): The standard sidearm of the team. It can be used as a gun or be separated into a sword and shield. It can be brought out on its own from the Twin Brace without transforming.
- Biomotion Buster (バイモーションバスター Baimōshon Basutā?): The finishing cannon used throughout the series. It was summoned by all three, and later five, members.
- Triple Bazooka (トリプルバズーカ Toripuru Bazūka?): First used in episode 22, it is a weapon formed from the Falcon Saber, Dolphin Arrow, and Lion Bazooka. It is apparently faster to bring out and fire than the Biomotion Buster.
- Moto Machines (モトマシン Motomashin?): It is the individual motorcycles for the original trio.
- Live Cougar (ライブクーガー Raibu Kūgā?): A four-wheeled drive for the entire team. It is also used by Colon and later by Black Bison and Green Sai.
- Machine Buffalo (マシンバッファロー Mashinbaffaroo?): A flying fortress that carries the mecha components of the Live Robo and the Live Boxer. It is launched from the tower that rises out of the undersea base, the Gran Tortoise (グラントータス Gurantootasu?).
- Live Robo (ライブロボ Raibu Robo?): The primary's Liveman team's robot formed when the command "Combine! Live Dimension!" (合体! ライブディメンション! Gattai! Raibu Dimenshon!?) is given. Apparently, as seen in some episodes, the Live Robo can be launched into battle already formed. Its main weapon is the Super Beast Sword (超獣剣 Chōjūken?) that is used for destroying monsters with its finishing attacks like the Super Live Crash (スーパーライブクラッシュ Sūpā Raibu Kurasshu?) and the Strong Crashdown (ストロングクラッシュダウン Sutorongu Kurasshudaun?). Its other weapons are the Live Shield (ライブシールド Raibu Shīrudo?), Double Cannons (ダブルカノン Daburu Kanon?), and the Live Robo Beam (ライブロボビーム Raibu Robo Bīmu?).
- Jet Falcon (ジェットファルコン Jetto Farukon?): Red Falcon's jet that forms the Live Robo's head, back, waist, thighs and the Live Shield. It is stored in the upper compartment of the Machine Buffalo. It has legs for touchdown. It appeared again in Gaoranger vs Super Sentai.
- Land Lion (ランドライオン Rando Raion?): Yellow Lion's mecha-lion. It forms the torso and arms of the Live Robo, and the Double Cannons. It is stored in the lower compartment of the Machine Buffalo behind the Aqua Dolphin.
- Aqua Dolphin (アクアドルフィン Akua Dorufin?): Blue Dolphin's submarine. It forms legs of the Live Robo. It is stored in lower compartment of the Machine Buffalo in front of the Land Lion. It has wheels for land travel and can fire Dolphin Missiles.
- Live Boxer (ライブボクサー Raibu Bokusā?): Liveman's second robot, formed when the command "Combine! Boxer Dimension!" (合体! ボクサーディメンション! Gattai! Bokusā Dimenshon!?) is given. Its special attack is the Piston Punch (ピストンパンチ Pisuton Panchi?), and its finishing attack to destroy monsters is the Miracle Big Blow (ミラクルビッグブロー Mirakuru Biggu Burō?).
- Bison Liner (バイソンライナー Baison Rainā?): A trailer piloted by Black Bison that fires the Bison Beam from its horns; Red Falcon and Yellow Lion co-pilot at times. It forms the head, torso, arms, and left foot of the Live Boxer, and the left shoulder, helmet, waist shield, and feet of the Super Live Robo.
- Sai Fire (サイファイヤー Sai Faiyā?): A missile truck piloted by Green Sai; Blue Dolphin co-pilots at times. It forms legs and right foot of the Live Boxer, and the forearms and right shoulder of the Super Live Robo.
- Super Live Robo (スーパーライブロボ Sūpā Raibu Robo?): The combination of the Live Robo and the Live Boxer into a powerful robot under the command "Combine! Super Live Dimension!" (合体! スーパーライブディメンション! Gattai! Sūpā Raibu Dimenshon!?) is given. Its ultimate finishing attack to destroy monsters is the Super Big Burst (スーパービッグバースト Sūpā Biggu Bāsuto?), gathering energy from the Bison Liner and the Sai Fire shoulder armor to fire a beam of energy from the mouth of the Land Lion.
- Doctor Hoshi (星博士 Hoshi-hakase?, 1-2): The principal of Academia, made the Gran Tortoise and gave the Liveman mecha the ability to combine before dying. He died helping a pregnant woman trapped in the rubble of Academia Island escape.
- Colon (コロン Koron?): A female robot built by Doctor Hoshi in charge of Gran Tortoise, assists the team. She frequently supports Liveman on foot, car, bike, and the Machine Buffalo (especially before Black Bison and Green Sai join). Since Ashura appeared, Colon wanted to be more help to the Livemen and met Tanaka, a malfunctioning Dummyman who fell in love with her before he sacrificed himself to save her from the monster Dokugas Zuno. She later fell in love with Yusuke (who treated her coldly at the time until she saved him by taking a sword cut meant for him). She is able to swim, or otherwise move underwater, perhaps as part of being in charge of the Gran Tortoise. She has a habit of saying "Colon".
- Takuji Yano (矢野 卓二 Yano Takuji?): An Academia student studying on the powering suits for space travel with Yusuke, Joh, Megumi, and Mari. The older brother of Tetsuya and Takeshi. His prototype power suit featured a swallow. Yusuke was his best friend. He was killed protecting his friends from Kenji's blasts. He promised his youngest brother Takeshi to build a dream car with him, his death resulting in the death of Takeshi's dream until he approached Yusuke who agreed to help him build it, creating the Live Cougar. In the GaoRanger VS. Super Sentai Yusuke is found visiting his grave.
- Mari Aikawa (相川 麻理 Aikawa Mari?): An Academia student studying on the powering suits for space travel with Yusuke, Joh, Megumi, and Takuji. The older sister of Jun-ichi. Her suit featured a dog. She was also working on the plans for the Bison Liner and the Sai Fire before her death. In the GaoRanger VS. Super Sentai Yusuke is found visiting her grave.
- Doctor Dorothee (ドロテ博士 Dorote-hakase?, 30): Tetsuya's and Junichi's benefactor, the leader of the Academia group that built the Bison Liner and the Sai Fire. She later arrives to help the Livemen by providing a new power core for the Bison Liner. She was played by French children entertainer Dorothée.
- Takeshi Yano (矢野 武志 Yano Takeshi?, 5): The younger brother of Takuji and Tetsuya, he met Yusuke and the others before Takuji was killed by Volt. He helps Yusuke complete the Live Cougar vehicle, which Yusuke started to build with Takuji. He is considerably younger than his two brothers and very little mention is made about his relation with Tetsuya.
- Toshiko Omura (尾村 俊子 Omura Toshiko?, 20-21): Go's mother. When Go was young, Toshiko pressured her son into succeeding academically at the expense of giving him a normal childhood. When Go returns to her home for refuge while hiding away from Volt, she becomes terrified when she witnesses her son's transformation into the monster Dr. Obler. Yusuke makes her see the error of her ways and she manages to revert Go back to his human form by reminding him of the motherly love she gave to him as a child.
- Yoichiro Misaki (岬 与一郎 Misaki Yoichirō?, 27): Megumi's father. A master of a form of archery known as the Higo Cross style (肥後バッテン流 Higo Batten Ryū?). He goes to Tokyo to visit his daughter with the intention of pairing her with a potential marriage partner. Although his archery skills has deteriorated as a result of his age, he is able to see through Volt's disguises when a group of Dummymen posed as hostages. He becomes proud of his daughter when he sees her use the Dolphin Arrow.
- Mai Funachi (舟地 マイ Funachi Mai?, 32): A long-time friend of Yusuke who works as a day-care worker in a kindergarten, who also knew Kenji before he became Doctor Kemp. When she was a high school student, Kenji gave her a bouquet of roses he specially bred known as "Kenji Roses", which helped her mother recover from an illness due to the positive energy it radiated. Later, when Kenji suffered an accident from a lab experiment, she donated her blood to save his life, as she carries the same rare blood type (β ZO Negative). She still holds Kenji in high esteem, until she finds out that he has become Doctor Kemp.
Armed Intellect Army Volt
Believing most of humanity to be inferior, Armed Intellect Army Volt (武装頭脳軍ボルト Busō Zunō Gun Boruto?) is based on the orbiting space station Zuno Base (ヅノーベース Zunōbēsu?) with its officers using a triangular shuttle to journey between it and Earth. Though it appeared Volt's goal was to create the ideal world for superior geniuses and exterminate those with "inferior minds", it's true agenda is to complete the Giga Brain Wave so Bias can achieve immortality while subjugating the human race via mind control.
- Great Professor Bias (大教授ビアス Daikyōju Biasu?): A super genius scientist whose appearance belies his actual age, well versed in all knowledge and worshiped as a god by his officers. Bias' intellect prevents him from brutally punishing or berating his officers for their failures; he believes they should recognize and learn from their shame. In reality, Bias was originally human until he devised a means to cheat death by absorbing a mind-controlling thought pattern-based energy called "Giga Brain Wave". But as twelve minds with an IQ of 1,000 each is needed, Bias tricks eleven followers under him to be educated until achieving the ideal IQ. From there, Bias extract the achievers' brains and places them in the Brain Room to set up the Giga Brain Wave. Hiding this from his current followers so he can complete the Giga Brain Wave, Bias took extremes by ordering the execution of Miku Kitamura, a girl from 2003, and then Gou, who unknowingly witnessed Bias' previous absorbing of an incomplete Giga Brain Wave. When the effects of begin to waver, Bias attempts to use his incomplete Giga Brain Wave to have Tetsuya destroy the Grand Tortoise for him before it backfired and aged him before he managed to regain his youthful appearance. Soon after, once Kemp reaches the IQ of 1,000, Bias uses Kemp's brain to complete the Giga Brain Wave and becomes a child as a result of absorbing the energy. However, Kemp's spirit rallies the ghosts of Bias' previous victims to take their revenge, causing Bias to revert to his true aged self. He dies in a wizened state aboard the exploding Brain Base with Gash, imagining the voices of people praising him.
- Doctor Kemp (ドクター・ケンプ Dokutā Kenpu?, 1-48): He was formerly known as Kenji Tsukigata (月形 剣史 Tsukigata Kenji?), Yusuke's former friend at Academia whose dream was to develop biotechnological means to make humans immune to any disease. However, Kenji became egotistical and power hungry after taking the test Bias sent to him, killing Takuji and Mari while leaving to join Volt. Becoming Bias's top pupil, having an unwavering faith in the professor, Kemp's overconfidence and vanity reflected in his monstrous form of Beauty Beast Kemp (美獣ケンプ Bijū Kenpu?, 1-36), able to execute moves like Beautiful Eye and Beautiful Rainbow. While in human form, he uses the Slit Cutter as a weapon. Wanting to power his Beauty Beast form, Kemp creates Gore Zuno to synthesize his β ZO Negative blood type before finding Mai, a young woman who saved his life after he suffered blood loss from a lab explosion. After deciding not to take her blood and the events on October 22, Bias is forced to discard his pride and undergo a risky operation to modify himself into a more powerful being. Though Megumi's interference caused him regress to his teenage self with no memory of being in Earth Academia and after, Kemp regains his memories upon remembering his low grade and completes his transformation into Fear Beast Kemp (恐獣ケンプ Kyōjū Kenpu?, 37-48). In his new form, Kemp can use his Kemp Tentacles and execute attacks such as Kemp Demon Flare. He managed to obtain the IQ of 1,000, only to be betrayed by Bias who takes brain away. As a result, Kemp's body becomes the mindless Fear Beast Zuno (恐獣ヅノー Kyōjūzunō?, 48) before being destroyed by the Super Live Robo. However, despite being bodiless, Kemp's mind is able to muster enough strength to rob Bias of his newfound youth in the finale. In GaoRanger VS. Super Sentai Yusuke is found visiting his grave.
- Doctor Mazenda (ドクター・マゼンダ Dokutā Mazenda?, 1-47): She was formerly known as Rui Senda (仙田 ルイ Senda Rui?), a haughty woman who was Megumi's rival at the Academia and broke Yusuke's heart. Rui reconstructs herself as a cyborg to reflect her coldness and her desire to preserve her beauty, with concealed weapons within her robotic body like the Arm Gun, Elbow Gun and Finger Gun. However, Mazenda's subconsciously expresses her regret in discarding her love and kindness which manifests in her attack pattern. Eventually, since the Miku incident, Mazenda begins to doubt Bias before she upgrades herself into Machine Mazenda (マシン・マゼンダ Mashin Mazenda?, 38-47). In her new state, 90% of Mazenda's body is fully mechanized with new built-in weapons like the Five-Finger Gun, Arm Bazooka, Elbow Gun Double Hit, and Crouch Knee Missile. However, upon learning the truth behind Bias's goals, Mazenda removed all organic traces of her being and became Robo Mazenda (ロボマゼンダ Robo Mazenda?, 47) to keep Bias from taking her brain. Mortally wounded as result of defying Bias, Mazenda dies after regaining some of her former humanity. In GaoRanger VS. Super Sentai Yusuke is found visiting her grave.
- Doctor Oblar (ドクター・オブラー Dokutā Oburā?, 1-21, 41, 46-47): He was formerly known as Goh Omura (尾村 豪 Omura Gō?), Joh's one-time friend at Academy Island. Goh is a childhood prodigy who was forced by his mother Masako to study with no time to play with other children. Struggling to meet everybody's expectations, Goh is brought into Volt by Bias out of pity and unknowingly witnessed Bias in his Brain Room. Using Volt's research with his inferiority complex as a motivation, Oblar turns himself into a completely inhuman monster; in this state, he uses a battle axe as his weapon. During the failed Benyo Zuno experiment, Oblar suddenly regresses to Goh; although Guildos returns him to his monstrous form, he is expelled from Volt for his weakness as he reverted again. Stealing Guildos's cross-sword, Goh returns to Earth and refuge at his childhood home to perfect his Oblar form, destroy the Livemen, and win back Bias' praise. But he is captured by the other Earth-based Volt scientists and used in the creation of the Oblar Zuno. When the clone attempts to kill his mother, Oblar takes the hit meant from her, reverting to an exhausted, nearly comatose Goh. Months after of rehabilitation, Gou regains his memories when he was unknowingly used in Kemp's experiment with Tomei Zuno. Soon after, as the young man was a witness to his dark secret, Bias orders his forces to find Gou and kill him as Jou manages to get him to safety. Though guilt-ridden by his actions against him and the others, Gou reveals what he knew about Bias before he went into hiding. Goh later finds religion and tries to help the Livemen in hopes of saving Rui and Kenji. Though attempting to protect Mazenda from Gash, Goh is unable to save her in the end as he returns to his normal life again.
- Doctor Ashura (ドクター・アシュラ Dokutā Ashura?, 11-46): He was formerly known as Arashi Busujima (毒島 嵐 Busujima Arashi?), a tough-as-nails underworld figure and gang leader with a poor education who bears a grudge against the Science Academia and those smarter than he is. When one of his men is converted into an Apeman by Hihi Zuno, Arashi tracks down the Zuno Beast and uses him to commit crimes before Yusuke battles Arashi in a fist fight prior to Oblar's interference. Impressed with Arashi, Bias accelerates his intelligence to the point that he built a chamber that modifies him into his current form. Other than his newfound genius and brute strength, Ashura uses the attacks "Demon Kick", "Break Ashura", "Ashura Reverse Attack", and "Cut Ashura". After his initial lost to the Livemen, Ashura remodified himself to execute "Cyber Bunshin" to generate the Shurer Three (シュラー三人衆 Shurā Sanjinshu?, 14-46) with whom he executes the "Blood Shed Attack." Ashura also has a soft spot for women and has sided with Mazenda. He is targeted by Bias when he used the Hacker Zuno to uncover suspicious articles regarding Bias' secret. Soon afterward, Bias decides that Ashura is a hopeless candidate and strips him of his super-intelligence. Back to being Arashi, he ends up being befriended by the Liveman and Goh before strapping himself with dynamite to makes a suicide run on Battle Zuno.
- Guardnoid Gash (ガードノイド・ガッシュ Gādonoido Gasshu?): Bias's robot bodyguard, a relentless machine who knowledge of firearms with use his Video Eye to locate targets. Gash is also the only member of Volt who knows Bias's true plans. Though normally deployed to fire Giga Phantom enlargement bazooka and create Zuno Beasts, Gash is also sent to carry out missions like stealing the Metaforce Jewel from the robot Jou befriended. Gash eventually dies with Bias inside the Brain Base after losing his right forearm to Yusuke.
- Guildian Guildos (ギルド星人ギルドス Girudo Seijin Girudosu?, 19-43): A robot secretly built by Bias to spur his scientists to break their limitations, believing himself to be an alien intelligence from the planet Guildo. Eventually, becoming prideful from the false memories their creator installed into him, Guildos begins to question why he and Butchy should even follow Bias as he created the Zuno Beast Guild Zuno to prove himself superior to Bias. However, after overexerting his energy to repeatedly revive Guildo Zuno, Guildos malfunctions while realizing his true nature. In a state of shock that his entire life was a lie, Guildos trips and falls to his death.
- Chibuchian Butchy (チブチ星人ブッチー Chibuchi Seijin Butchī?, 22-44): An orange ape-like robot secretly built by Bias to spur on Kemp et al. Like Guildos, he was made to have others believe he was an alien intelligence from the planet Chibuchi. Jocular, likes roller skating and music (he claims to be a karaoke expert). His attacks include expanding the size of his hands to execute his Butchy Punch move. After learning the truth behind Guildos and himself, along with their purpose, Butchy is forced to continue serving Bias. However, while forcefully enacting his Rampaging Destruction scheme, Butchy's tears are noticed by Megumi. Despite Ashura's tough love, Butchy is stopped from further destruction by Megumi offering her friendship. His acceptance results with Butchy labeled a dunce and targeted for execution. Though Megumi tries to save him, Bias activates the self-destruct within Butchy as he pushes Megumi away before exploding.
- Jimmers (ジンマー Jinmā?): The green-skinned android soldiers with mohawk 'haircuts'. They are very difficult to defeat, as their head and limbs operate independently when dismembered. Mazenda later develop a variants of Jinmers called Dummymen (ダミーマン Damīman?) that can assume human forms. In episode 13, a Dummyman who calls himself Tanaka (タナカ?) defects from Volt and assists the Livemen after he falls in love with Colon before sacrificing himself to save her.
- Dinosaur Gon (恐竜ゴン Kyōryū Gon?, 6-7): A dinosaur that Time Zuno brought to the present, Gon was befriended by a boy named Kenichii. While Mazenda and Kemp hold off the Livemen, Oblar later catches Gon and uses Guard to enlarge Gon into a giant berserker controlled by Oblar. Though overpowered, the Live Robo manages to restore Gon. However, Gon died as the result of the enlargement's side effects on non-Zuno Beasts.
- Giga Volt (ギガボルト Gigaboruto?, 28-30): Created by Bias as the result of his Giga Project, using the Giga Metal that Kemp synthesized and powered by the Giga Energy developed by Mazenda from geothermic heat to build this giant robot personally. Once finally activated, this robot emerges with Kemp piloting it as it over powers the Live Robo and counters its Super Live Crash before placing it in a Giga Field. But the interference of the Live Boxer results with the Live Robo rescued and this robot is trapped in its own Giga Field. Doctor Ashura takes over this robot until it is finally destroyed by the newly formed Super Live Robo.
Episode 44 was delayed from airing until January 14, 1989, due to the death of Emperor Shōwa on January 7, 1989.
- Friends! Why Did You Do This!? (友よ君達はなぜ!? Tomo yo Kimitachi wa Naze!??)
- 3 Powers Sworn to Life (命に誓う三つの力 Inochi ni Chikau Mittsu no Chikara?)
- Oblar's Devilish Transformation (オブラー悪魔変身 Oburā Akuma Henshin?)
- Expose! The Dummymen (暴け!ダミーマン Abake! Damīman?)
- The Reckless Driving Engine Monster (暴走エンジン怪獣 Bōsō Enjin Kaijū?)
- Attack! The Living Dinosaur (襲来!生きた恐竜 Shūrai! Ikita Kyōryū?)
- The Dinosaur vs. Live Robo (恐竜VSライブロボ Kyōryū VS Raibu Robo?)
- The Duel of Love and Rage! (愛と怒りの決闘! Ai to Ikari no Kettō!?)
- Smell the Feverish Rose! (バラよ熱く香れ! Bara yo Atsuku Kaore!?)
- Skateboard to Escape the Maze (スケボー迷路破り Sukebō Meiro Yaburi?)
- The Man Who Bit a Zuno Beast (頭脳獣を噛んだ男 Zunōjū o Kanda Otoko?)
- Super-Genius Ashura! (超天才アシュラ! Chō Tensai Ashura!?)
- The Burning Steel, Colon (燃えよ鋼鉄コロン Moeyo Kōtetsu Koron?)
- Nabe-Man Yuusuke's Shouts (ナベ男勇介の叫び Nabe Otoko Yūsuke no Sakebi?)
- Deadly! Gash the Grim Reaper (必殺!死神ガッシュ Hissatsu! Shinigami Gasshu?)
- The Letter from Chinese Zombi (キョンシーの手紙 Kyonshī no Tegami?)
- The Crying Doll! The Attacking Doll! (泣く人形!襲う人形! Naku Ningyō! Osou Ningyō!?)
- The Trap! Jou's Beloved Zuno Beast (罠!丈の愛した頭脳獣 Wana! Jō no Ai Shita Zunōjū?)
- Oblar the Drudge Boy (ガリ勉坊やオブラー Gariben Bōya Oburā?)
- Failing Oblar's Revenge! (落第オブラーの逆襲! Rakudai Oburā no Gyakushū!?)
- Listen, Gou!! Mother's Voice… (豪よ聞け!母の声を… Gō yo Kike! Haha no Koe o...?)
- Enter the Space Karaoke Master (宇宙カラオケ名人登場 Uchū Karaoke Meijin Tōjō?)
- The 1-Second Comma That Risked Life (コンマ1秒に賭けた命 Konma Ichibyō ni Kaketa Inochi?)
- 100 Points Taken Off for Playing!? (遊んで百点が取れる!? Asonde Hyakuten ga Toreru!??)
- The 8 Zuno Beasts of Tsuruga Castle! (鶴ケ城の8大頭脳獣! Tsurugajō no Hachidai Zunōjū!?)
- Aizu's Huge Rhinoceros Beetle! (会津の巨大カブト虫! Aizu no Kyodai Kabutomushi!?)
- Daughter! The Giga Project Launches (娘よ!ギガ計画を射て Musume yo! Giga Keikaku o Ite?)
- The Gigantic Giga Volt's Challenge (巨大ギガボルトの挑戦 Kyodai Gigaboruto no Chōsen?)
- The Vengeful Live Boxer (復讐のライブボクサー Fukushū no Raibu Bokusā?)
- 5 Warriors, Here and Now (今ここに5人の戦士が Ima Koko ni Gonin no Senshi ga?)
- Mom! The Parasitic Monster's Cries (ママ!寄生怪物の叫び Mama! Kisei Kaibutsu no Sakebi?)
- Kemp, The Riddle of Blood and Roses (ケンプ、血とバラの謎 Kenpu, Chi to Bara no Nazo?)
- Do Your Best, Tetchan Robot (がんばれ鉄ちゃんロボ Ganbare Tetchan Robo?)
- Love That Runs through the Future and Present! (未来と今を駆ける恋! Mirai to Ima o Kakeru Koi!?)
- Yuusuke and Kemp's Promise!! (勇介とケンプの約束!! Yūsuke to Kenpu no Yakusoku!!?)
- Crash! The Tackle of Friendship (激突!友情のタックル Gekitotsu! Yūjō no Takkuru?)
- The 16-Year-Old Kemp Fear Beast's Transformation! (16才ケンプ恐獣変身! Jūrokusai Kenpu Kyōjū Henshin!?)
- The Mobile Weapon of Destruction Mazenda (動く破壊兵器マゼンダ Ugoku Hakai Heiki Mazenda?)
- Protect it! The Grain of Life from Space (守れ!宇宙の一粒の命 Mamore! Uchū no Hitotsubu no Inochi?)
- Love!? Megumi and the Jewel Thief (恋!?めぐみと宝石泥棒 Koi!? Megumi to Hōseki Dorobō?)
- The Invisible Man, Gou's Confession!! (透明人間、豪の告白!! Tōmei Ningen, Gō no Kokuhaku!!?)
- Bias' Challenge From Space (ビアス宇宙からの挑戦 Biasu Uchū Kara no Chōsen?)
- A Mystery!? Guildos' Final Form (怪!?ギルドス最後の姿 Kai!? Girudosu Saigo no Sugata?)
- Butchy's Tearful Rampage!! (ブッチー涙の大暴走!! Butchī Namida no Dai Bōsō!!?)
- Ashura Reversal One Chance Game (アシュラ逆転一発勝負 Ashura Gyakuten Ippatsu Shōbu?)
- Honorable Man, Arashi! The Final Battle (オトコ嵐!最後の戦い Otoko Arashi! Saigo no Tatakai?)
- A 1000-Point Brain! Mazenda!! (千点頭脳!マゼンダ!! Senten Zunō! Mazenda!!?)
- The Birth!! Bias the Boy King! (誕生!!少年王ビアス! Tanjō!! Shōnen Ō Biasu!?)
- The Fall of Great Professor Bias (大教授ビアスの崩壊 Daikyōju Biasu no Hōkai?)
- Yusuke Amamiya: Daisuke Shima (嶋 大輔 Shima Daisuke?)
- Joh Ohara: Kazuhiko Nishimura (西村 和彦 Nishimura Kazuhiko?)
- Megumi Misaki: Megumi Mori森 恵 (Mori Megumi?)
- Tetsuya Yano: Seiro Yamaguchi (山口 正朗 Yamaguchi Seirō?)
- Junichi Aikawa: Jin Kawamoto (河本 忍 Kawamoto Jin?)
- Great Professor Bias: Jōji Nakata (中田 譲治 Nakata Jōji?)
- Kenji Tsukigata/Doctor Kemp: Yutaka Hirose (広瀬 裕 Hirose Yutaka?) (credited as Takumi Hirose (広瀬 匠 Hirose Takumi?))
- Rui Senda/Doctor Mazenda: Akiko Amamatsuri (天祭 揚子 Amamatsuri Akiko?) (credited as Akiko Kurusu (来栖 明子 Kurusu Akiko?))
- Goh Omura/Doctor Oblar: Toru Sakai (坂井 徹 Sakai Tōru?)
- Arashi Busujima/Doctor Ashura: Yoshinori Okamoto (岡本 美登 Okamoto Yoshinori?)
- Doctor Hoshi: Daisuke Ban (伴 大介 Ban Daisuke?) (credited as Naoya Ban (伴 直弥 Ban Naoya?)) (1-2)
- Colon: Makoto Kōsaka (高坂 真琴 Kōsaka Makoto?)
- Beast Man Oblar: Atsuo Mori (森 篤夫 Mori Atsuo?)
- Guildos: Moichi Saito (斉藤 茂一 Saitō Moichi?)
- Butchy: Takuzō Kamiyama (神山 卓三 Kamiyama Takuzō?)
- Gash: Hideaki Kusaka (日下 秀昭 Kusaka Hideaki?)
- Narrator: Takeshi Kuwabara (桑原 たけし Kuwabara Takeshi?)
- Opening theme
- "Choujuu Sentai Liveman" (超獣戦隊ライブマン Chōjū Sentai Raibuman?)
- Ending theme
- "Ashita ni Ikiru ze!" (あしたに生きるぜ!?, "Live to Tomorrow!")
- Lyrics: Akira Ohtsu
- Composition: Yasuo Kosugi
- Arrangement: Ohzuchi Fujita
- Artist: Daisuke Shima
- Chōjū (超獣?) literally translates as "Super Beast".
- "Library -- English Titles -- TOEI TV Website". Retrieved 2011-03-26.
- Official Choujuu Sentai Liveman website (Japanese)