Gekisou Sentai Carranger
|Gekisou Sentai Carranger|
The title card for Gekisou Sentai Carranger
|Opening theme||"Gekisou Sentai Carranger" by Naritaka Takayama|
|Ending theme||"Paradise Samba" by Naritaka Takayama|
|Country of origin||Japan|
|No. of episodes||48|
|Running time||approx. 20 minutes'|
|Original channel||TV Asahi|
|Original run||March 1, 1996 – February 7, 1997|
|Preceded by||Chōriki Sentai Ohranger|
|Followed by||Denji Sentai Megaranger|
Gekisou Sentai Carranger (激走戦隊カーレンジャー Gekisō Sentai Kārenjā?, [Note 1]) is a Japanese tokusatsu television show. It was Toei's twentieth production of the Super Sentai television series. The show was written as a parody of its own series. Its action footage was used in Power Rangers Turbo.
Five workers from the Pegasus Auto Garage discover Dappu, an alien from planet Hazard. He empowers the five with the "Kurumagic" power of the five legendary car constellations, transforming them into Carrangers. As Carrangers, the five battle an alien reckless driver gang and prevent them from destroying Earth.
- Kyosuke Jinnai/Red Racer (陣内 恭介/レッドレーサー Jinnai Kyōsuke/Reddo Rēsā?)
- Naoki Domon/Blue Racer (土門 直樹/ブルーレーサー Domon Naoki/Burū Rēsā?)
- Minoru Uesugi/Green Racer (上杉 実/グリーンレーサー Uesugi Minoru/Gurīn Rēsā?)
- Natsumi Shinohara/Yellow Racer (志乃原 菜摘/イエローレーサー Shinohara Natsumi/Ierō Rēsā?)
- Yoko Yagami/Pink Racer (八神 洋子/ピンクレーサー Yagami Yōko/Pinku Rēsā?)
Space Bosozoku Bowzock
The Space Bōsōzoku Bowzock (宇宙暴走族ボーゾック Uchū Bōsōzoku Bōzokku?) is an intergalactic biker gang with no love for the rules of traffic. Hired by Exhaus to pave the way for his highway by, blowing every planet in the way of construction. They have targeted Earth, the last of such planets, for destruction and frequently hang out at the BB Saloon, a bar in the Baribarian spacecraft. After he had absorbed the Carrangers' Carmagic Power, Exhaus set the Baribarian spacecraft on fire and sent it crashing to Earth, only to have it stopped by Sirender and the Carranger in human form take control of it and drove it straight into Exhaus to try and kill him. It didn't kill him, though it was destroyed.
- The initial syllabes from the Carrangers' surnames form the word "Jidousha", which in Japanese means Automobile.
- "Tenma" is the Japanese name for "pegasus".
- Radietta Fanbelt's first name is a pun on a car Radiator.
- The name Bowzock is a play off of "Bōsōzoku", a term used for biker gangs, punks who ride around in hotrods, or those with no respect for traffic laws.
- Exhaus' name is based on "Exhaust", as his debut involved him using exhaust on Police Planet.
- The Bowzock leaders' names are puns on car parts; Gynamo is based on dynamo, Zelmoda on motor, and Grotch on clutch.
- While Zonnette's name is a pun on a parking zone, her true identity's given name is a pun on vanity mirror while her family name is a pun on fan belt.
- Ritchihiker's name is a pun from the word hitchhiker.
- Wumpers' name is a pun on bumper.
- HH Deo is named after Hideo Nomo.
- SS Pamaan is named after Superman, and to a lesser extent is reminiscent of Paaman.
- Fighting for Traffic Safety (戦う交通安全 Tatakau Kōtsū Anzen?)
- Dancing Noise Pollution (踊る騒音公害 Odoru Sōonkōgai?)
- The Beginner's Mark of Justice (正義の初心者印（マーク） Seigi no Shoshinsha Māku?)
- A Red Light to Enlarging (巨大化に赤信号 Kyodaika ni Akashingō?)
- Up Ahead, Racing Fusion (この先激走合体 Kono Saki Gekisō Gattai?)
- We are... One-Way Traffic (私達・・・一方通行 Watashitachi... Ippōtsūkō?)
- Blue is no Entry?! (青（ブルー）は進入禁止？！ Burū wa Shinnyū Kinshi?!?)
- The Transformation Brace is not Carried (変身腕輪（ブレス）不携帯 Henshin Buresu Fukeitai?)
- A U-Turn to the Stars (星（スター）へのＵターン Sutā e no Yū Tān?)
- A Great Reversal!! Bicycle Training (大逆転！！自転車教習 Dai Gyakuten!! Jitensha Kyōshū?)
- The Angry Overweight One (怒りの重量オーバー Ikari no Jūryō Ōbā?)
- The Traffic Light Guy Who Came From Space (宇宙から来た信号野郎 Uchū Kara Kita Shingō Yarō?)
- March Out!! The Proud Emergency Vehicle (出動！！自慢の緊急車両 Shutsudō!! Jiman no Kinkyū Sharyō?)
- Full Acceleration to Hellish Thunder (雷地獄へフルアクセル Ikazuchi Jigoku e Furuakuseru?)
- A Learner's Permit to Evil in the Midst of Love (悪まで仮免恋愛中 Aku Made Karimen Ren'ai Chū?)
- Bad Wisdom, Merging Caution (ワル知恵合流注意 Waru-jie Gōryū Chūi?)
- Wearing Authority, Head-On Collision! (押し着せ正面衝突！ Oshi Kise Shōmenshōtotsu!?)
- A Lying Heart Under Adjustment (うそつきハート整備中 Usotsuki Hāto Seibi Chū?)
- The Hit-And-Run Daughter of Love! (恋のあて逃げ娘！ Koi no Atenige Musume!?)
- Test Drive the Ultimate Famous Cars!! (試乗最高の名車！！ Shijō Saikō no Meisha!!?)
- The Carnavi That Surpassed Carnavi (カーナビを超えたカーナビ Kānabi o Koeta Kānabi?)
- The Tragic Traffic Rule Habit (悲劇の交通ルール体質 Higeki no Kōtsū Rūru Taishitsu?)
- An Overheat to the Princess (王女様にオーバーヒート！ Ōjosama ni Ōbāhīto!?)
- Urgent Launch?! New Leader (急発進？！ニューリーダー Kyū Hasshin?! Nyū Rīdā?)
- The Mysterious Squeezing-In Daughter! (ナゾナゾ割り込み娘！ Nazonazo Warikomi Musume!?)
- The Nonstop Home Delivery Weapon (ノンストップ宅配武器 Nonsutoppu Takuhai Buki?)
- The Junction of Transfers Away... (単身赴任の分岐点・・・ Tanshinfunin no Bunkiten...?)
- Farewell, Traffic Light Guy!! (さらば信号野郎！！ Saraba Shingō Yarō!!?)
- The Unexpected Great Monster Accident!! (予期せぬ大怪獣事故！！ Yoki Senu Daikaijū Jiko!!?)
- A Shocking Debut! Working Cars!! (衝撃のデビュー! はたらく車！！ Shōgeki no Debyū! Hataraku Kuruma!!?)
- It's a Full Model Change! VRV Robo (フルモデルチェンジだ！ＶＲＶロボ Furu Moderu Chenji da! Bui Aru Bui Robo?)
- RV Robo's Great Reverse Run (ＲＶロボ大逆走！ Āru Bui Robo Dai Gyakusō!?)
- Awaken! Violent Dash Dapp (おめざめ！激走ダップ O-mezame! Gekisō Dappu?)
- Meddling in Love, the Squeezing-In Daughter (恋の世話焼き割り込み娘 Koi no Sewayaki Warikomi Musume?)
- The Traitorous Traffic Light Guy (裏切りの信号野郎 Uragiri no Shingō Yarō?)
- The Dubious Exhaust Gas Cleansing Operation (怪しい排ガス一掃作戦 Ayashii Haigasu Issō Sakusen?)
- The Dreadful Universal Highway Project (恐怖の大宇宙ハイウェイ計画 Kyōfu no Daiuchū Haiwei Keikaku?)
- Back Alright!? Imo-Youkan Life (バックオーライ！？イモヨーカン人生 Bakku Ōrai!? Imo-Yōkan Jinsei?)
- I Love Roads!! The Space Pet (道路好き好き！！宇宙ペット Dōro Suki suki!! Uchū Petto?)
- Naniwa Anyway, Scramble Intersection Robo!? (浪速ともあれスクランブル交差ロボ！？ Naniwa Tomoare Sukuranburu Kōsa Robo!??)
- The Reckless Driving Emperor's Frightful Fuel Check (暴走皇帝戦慄の燃料チェック Bōsō Kōtei Senritsu no Nenryō Chekku?)
- Engine Stall On All Cars! Desperate Situation for the Giant Robo!! (全車エンスト！巨大ロボ絶体絶命！！ Zensha Ensuto! Kyodai Robo Zettai Zetsumei!!?)
- Merry Kurumagic Christmas!! (メリークルマジッククリスマス！！ Merī Kurumajikku Kurisumasu!!?)
- The Persistent Chicken Violent Dash Chase! (不屈のチキチキ激走チェイス！ Fukutsu no Chikichiki Gekisō Cheisu!?)
- The Starting Point of True Love (ホントの恋の出発点 Honto no Koi no Shuppatsuten?)
- Suddenly Ineffective!? Transformation Power (突然失効！？変身パワー Totsuzen Shikkō!? Henshin Pawā?)
- Hit and Break!? The Death-Defying Space Drive (当って砕けろ！？決死の宇宙ドライブ Atatte Kudakero!? Kesshi no Uchū Doraibu?)
- Forever Traffic Safety!! (いつまでも交通安全！！ Itsu Made mo Kōtsū Anzen!!?)
- Gekisou Sentai Carranger Super Video
- Denji Sentai Megaranger vs. Carranger
Gekisou Sentai Carranger vs. Ohranger
Under orders from Gynamo, SS Sutatanzo is sent with special gas Exhaus provided to put in cars to have them run away to the Baribarian to be chop-shopped into new Bowzock vehicles. However, while the other Carrangers handle the Gorotsuki, Red Racer drives Signalman to ahead of the cars to use his heart-warming song to guilt-trip the cars to return to Earth with Sutatanzo retreating. Later, after being forced to return to garage on foot, Kyousuke arrives to a hot spring where he finds a strange monster who is pursued by UAOH. The monster, Bara Mobile, manages to win Kyousuke over with a sob story of persecution as his teammates arrive. The UAOH team is also gathered and, after questioning each other, both teams transform to battle it out. While the others pilot RV Robo and OHranger Robo in the fight's climax, Red Racer fights OH Red to protect Bara Mobile. However, the Carranger's transformation attracts the Bowzock who help the OH Red fight Red Racer before it escalates into a highway chase scene. After Red Racer learns that Bara Mobile is really evil, the villain revealing his insane plot to convert humans into Car-Humans, he stops Pegasus Thunder to hand him over to OH Red. Under Exhaus's orders, while holding the regrouped Carrangers off, Gynamo has his men to take Bara Mobile back with them to the Baribarian with OH Red captured as well thanks to Sutatanzo's high octane gas. The other OHrangers arrive, learning of their leader's capture with intent to report it to Chief Miura so Kyousuke would face the consequences.
Later, Chief Miura arrives to the Pegasus Garage and offers not to press charges if the Carrangers rescue OH Red. But it requires them to undergo harsh special training to pilot OHRanger Robo, with Kyousuke being the most tortured among the group. Though the Carrangers passed, Exhaus expected the rescue attempt and had the Bowzock set up a trap so they be subjected to Bara Mobile's experiment and become Car-Humans along with Gorou. But Red Racer was not among the captured and he manages to save the others as they destroy Bara Mobile's lab. Taking the fight back to Earth, the Carrangers and OHRangers take out the Wumpers before defeating SS Sutanzo and Bara Mobile with a Booster Cannon/OHren Bazooka combo. The two monsters then enlarge with VRV Robo and Ohranger Robo formed to fight them. However, the fight becomes more hectic when Norshirion-Extra appears before Sirender arrives to even the odds as the Sentai mecha use their signature attacks to destroy the three villains. Soon after, having buried the hatchet, the two Sentai teams celebrate their win on the beach.
- Yūji Kishi: Kyosuke Jinnai
- Yoshihiro Masujima: Naoki Domon
- Yoshihiro Fukuda: Minoru Uesugi
- Yuka Motohashi: Natsumi Shinohara
- Atsuko Kurusu: Yoko Yagami
- Mari Maruta: Dapp (voice)
- Hōchū Ōtsuka: Signalman (voice)
- Miki Nagasawa: Sigue (voice)
- Megumi Hamamatsu: Radietta Fanbelt/White Racer (episode 25)
- Misaki Sudō: Radietta Fanbelt/White Racer (episode 34-)
- Kiyoshi Kobayashi: VRV Master (Voice)
- Ed Yamaguchi: Souichirou Tenma
- Rika Nanase: Zonnette
- Hiroshi Ōtake: Gynamo (voice)
- Kyōsei Tsukui: Zelmonda (voice)
- Takashi Nagasako: Grotch (voice)
- Nobuo Tanaka: Ritchihiker (voice)
- Osamu Kobayashi: Emperor Exhaus (voice)
- Tomokazu Seki: HH Deeo (Voice, 19)
- Shun Yashiro: WW Waritcho (Voice, 20)
- Kazuyo Aoki: AA Abanba (Voice, 21)
- Kaneta Kimotsuki: TT Terurin (Voice, 24)
- Eken Mine: WW Washoishoi (Voice, 28)
- Keisuke Yamashita: ZZ Gyurir (Voice, 32)
- Naoki Tatsuta: DD Domino (Voice, 26)
- Ritsuo Sawa: MM Shurrizukir (Voice, 44)
- Opening themes
- "Gekisou Sentai Carranger" (激走戦隊カーレンジャー Gekisō Sentai Kārenjā?)
- "Gekisou Sentai Carranger ~Full Accel Version~" (激走戦隊カーレンジャー～フルアクセルヴァージョン～ Gekisō Sentai Kārenjā ~Furu Akuseru Vājon~?)
- Lyrics: Yukinojō Mori
- Composition: Takashi Shōji
- Arrangement: Keiichi Oku
- Artist: Naritaka Takayama
- Episodes: 14–48
- Ending theme
- "Tengoku Samba" (天国サンバ Tengoku Sanba?, "Paradise Samba")
- Lyrics: Yukinojō Mori
- Composition & Arrangement: Takashi Shōji
- Artist: Naritaka Takayama
- Gekisō (激走?) literally translates as "Radical Racing".
- Official Gekisou Sentai Carranger website (Japanese)