Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger
|Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger|
The title card for Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger
|Narrated by||Hiroshi Masuoka|
|Opening theme||"Gaoranger Hoero!!" by Yukio Yamagata|
|Ending theme||"Healin' You" by Salia (1-44, 46-50)
"Gaoranger Roar!!" by the Gaorangers & Yukio Yamagata (45)
"Stairway to the Sky" by the Gaorangers (51)
|Country of origin||Japan|
|No. of episodes||51|
|Running time||Approx 25 min.|
|Production company(s)||TV Asahi
|Original channel||tv asahi|
|Original run||February 18, 2001– February 10, 2002|
|Preceded by||Mirai Sentai Timeranger|
|Followed by||Ninpuu Sentai Hurricaneger|
Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger (百獣戦隊ガオレンジャー Hyakujū Sentai Gaorenjā , [Note 1][Note 2]) is Toei's twenty-fifth production of the Super Sentai television series airing in 2001 and celebrated the franchise's 25th anniversary. Its footage was used in the 2002 American series Power Rangers Wild Force and was later dubbed in 2010 as the retitled Power Rangers: Jungle Force for South Korean television in place of Samurai Sentai Shinkenger, possibly due to cultural reasons.
One thousand years ago, a war raged between humans and the demonic Org race. With the help of the Power Animals, the ancient Gao Warriors were able to defeat the Org's leader, Hyakkimaru, and seal the Orgs.
Today, the Orgs have begun to revive, and five warriors have been chosen by the Power Animals. They must abandon their current lives and give up their names to become the new generation of Gaorangers to protect the life of earth. The current five warriors are called by their color.
- Kakeru Shishi (獅子 走 Shishi Kakeru ), the Blazing Lion (灼熱の獅子 Shakunetsu no Shishi ) and the main protagonist of the series. He was a veterinarian before becoming chosen by Gao Lion to become Gao Red. He was the last chosen of the Gaorangers, but has an affinity for animals. His other Power Animals are Gao Gorilla and Gao Falcon.
- Gaku Washio (鷲尾 岳 Washio Gaku ), the Noble Eagle (孤高の荒鷲 Kokō no Arawashi ) was an airforce pilot before he was chosen first by Gao Eagle to become Gao Yellow. He is serious and regimental, deciding that the Gaorangers should refer to each other by color, instead of name. His other Power Animals are Gao Bear and Gao Polar.
- Kai Samezu (鮫津 海 Samezu Kai ), the Surging Shark (怒涛の鮫 Dotō no Same ), was a freeter before he was chosen by Gao Shark to become Gao Blue. He is the most immature of the team. His other Power Animal is Gao Giraffe which was actually a tractor before. Gao Giraffe appeared in Gao Blue's dream and the dream actually comes true that Gao King was about to lose the evil tribe and that was why they need Gao giraffe to help them win the evil tribe. By the way, Gao giraffe is a left hand when they make a robot.
- Sotaro Ushigome (牛込 草太郎 Ushigome Sōtarō ), the Iron Bison (鋼の猛牛 Hagane no Mōgyū ), was a retired sumo wrestler who was working as a florist before he was chosen by Gao Bison to become Gao Black. He is the physically strongest, but shyest of the team. His other Power Animals are Gao Rhino and Gao Madillo.
- Sae Taiga (大河冴 Taiga Sae ), the Belle Tiger (麗しの白虎 Uruwashi no Byakko ), was a martial arts student under her father before she was chosen by Gao Tiger to be Gao White. She is the youngest and only female of the team. Her other Power Animals are Gao Elephant and Gao Deer.
- Ōgami Tsukumaro (大神 月麿) (Shirogane (シロガネ)), the Sparking Wolf (閃烈の銀狼 Senretsu no Ginrō ), was a Gao Warrior from the Heian period over 1,000 years ago. He used the power of the Dark Wolf Mask to defeat the evil Hyakkimaru. However, he was turned into Duke Org Rouki (デュークオルグ狼鬼 Dūku Orugu Rōki ) and got the other Gao Warriors to entomb him so he could not do any more harm. He was later awakened as Rouki in the present age, but was freed of his curse by the Gaorangers. As Gao Silver, his Power Animals are Gao Wolf, Gao Hammerhead, and Gao Ligator.
Ogre Tribe Org
The Ogre Tribe Org (鬼族オルグ Onizoku Orugu ) is a race of Oni born from the sadness and madness of humans. Led by the Highness Duke Orgs (ハイネスデュークオルグ Hainesu Dūku Orugu ) from an underground cavern known as the Matrix, their attacks are usually overseen by the Duke Orgs (デュークオルグ Dūku Orugu ).
- Duke Org Yabaiba (デュークオルグ ヤバイバ Dūku Orugu Yabaiba )
- A crazed pierrot-like master of knives who claimed himself to Gao Yellow's greatest rival. He later developed a crush on his partner Tsuetsue near the series end.
- Duchess Org Tsuetsue (デュークオルグ ツエツエ Dūku Orugu Tsuetsue )
- An arrogant Org priestess whose magic is as great as her devotion to the Highnesses. She is armed with a staff that Org Seeds to resurrect fallen Orgs into giants.
- The Lion, Roars!! (獅子、吼える!! Shishi, Hoeru!! )
- The Divine Spirit-King, Rises!! (精霊王、起つ!!（たつ） Seireiō, Tatsu!! )
- The Eagle Vanishes!! (荒鷲が消える!! Arawashi ga Kieru!! )
- The 2 People Who Never Give Up!! (二人でネバギバ!! Futari de Nebagiba!! )
- The Mountain Moves!! (山が動く!! Yama ga Ugoku!! )
- The Bison is in Love!! (牛、焦がれる!! Ushi, Kogareru!! )
- The Dream Talks!! (夢が語る!! Yume ga Kataru!! )
- The Dog, Runs!! (犬、走る!! Inu, Hashiru!! )
- The Twins Smile (双子が微笑む Futago ga Hohoemu )
- The Moon Beckons!! (月が招く!! Tsuki ga Maneku!! )
- The Father, Proceeds (父親、上京。 Chichioya, Jōkyō )
- Which is the Real One!? (本物はどっち!? Honmono wa Dotchi!? )
- The Baby's First Cry Freezes (産声が凍る Ubugoe ga Kōru )
- The Soul Bird Cries (魂の鳥が叫ぶ Tamashii no Tori ga Sakebu )
- The Ogre, Howls!! (鬼、吼える!! Oni, Hoeru!! )
- The Magic Flute Roars! (魔笛、轟く!! Mateki, Todoroku!! )
- The Elephant, Vanishes... (象が消えて... Zō ga Kiete... )
- The Demon Beast, Armament!! (魔獣、武装!! Majū, Busō!! )
- The Bison, Retires!? (猛牛、脱退!? Mōgyū, Dattai!? )
- The Maiden is Captured!! (巫女囚わる!! Miko Torawaru!! )
- Rouki, Perplexed (狼鬼、惑う Rōki, Madou )
- The Giant Bison, is Broken!! (巨牛、壊れる!! Kyogyū, Kowareru!! )
- Rouki, Dies!? (狼鬼、死す!? Rōki, Shisu!? )
- The Silver Wolf, Flashes!! (銀狼、閃く!! Ginrō, Hirameku!! )
- The 3rd Ogre Princess Arrives (三代目鬼姫参上 Sandaime Oni Hime Sanjō )
- Rouki, Again (狼鬼、ふたたび Rōki, Futatabi )
- The Chick Pouts (雛がすねる Hina ga Suneru )
- The Secrets, Handed Down!! (奥義、伝承!! Ougi, Denshō!! )
- The Deer Heals (鹿が癒す Shika ga Iyasu )
- The Full Moon Kills the Wolf! (満月が狼を殺す! Mangetsu ga Ōkami o Korosu! )
- The Hyakujuu Sentai, Defeated!! (百獣戦隊、全滅!! Hyakujū Sentai, Zenmetsu!! )
- The 3 Creatures Eat!! (三匹が喰う!! Sanbiki ga Kuu!! )
- A Boy Prays. (少年が祈る。 Shōnen ga Inoru. )
- The Mighty Org Weeps! (鉄人鬼（オルグ）、泣く! Tetsujin Orugu, Naku! )
- The Juuou Swords, Plundered (獣皇剣、強奪 Jūōken, Gōdatsu )
- The Warriors Dance (戦士踊る Senshi Odoru )
- Yabaiba Burns (ヤバイバ燃える Yabaiba Moeru )
- The Divine Spirit-King's Peak Decisive Battle (精霊王頂上決戦 Seireiō Chōjō Kessen )
- The God Takes Away (神が連れ去る Kami ga Tsuresaru )
- The Sky Island, Dying (天空島、滅ぶ Tenkūjima, Horobu )
- Santa Came (サンタが来た Santa ga Kita )
- The Org Ninja Invasion! (鬼（オルグ）忍者侵略! Orugu Ninja Shinryaku! )
- The Lion, Burning Hot (獅子、灼熱する Shishi, Shakunetsu Suru )
- Gao's Rock, Falls (亀岩（ガオズロック）、落ちる Gaozu Rokku, Ochiru )
- Fighting Until the End (闘い終わらず Tatakai Owarazu )
- The New Year Attacks (正月が襲う Shōgatsu ga Osou )
- The Steam Engine, Roars! (蒸気機関、爆走! Jōkikikan, Bakusō )
- Those Guys Return to Life (奴らが蘇る Yatsura ga Yomigaeru )
- The Matrix, Closes (鬼洞窟（マトリックス）、閉じる Matorikkusu, Tojiru )
- The Hundred Beasts, Die (百獣、死す Hyakujū, Shisu )
- The Hundred Beasts, Roar!! (百獣、吼える!! Hyakujū, Hoeru!! )
The Fire Mountain Roars
Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger: The Fire Mountain Roars (百獣戦隊ガオレンジャー 火の山、吼える Hyakujū Sentai Gaorenjā: Hi no Yama, Hoeru ) is the theatrical adaptation of Gaoranger that was a double bill with the Kamen Rider Series film Kamen Rider Agito: Project G4. The film features Gao Kong and the Gao Knight combination.
- Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger Super Video: Showdown! Gaoranger vs. Gao Silver (2001)
- Ninpuu Sentai Hurricaneger vs. Gaoranger (忍風戦隊ハリケンジャーVSガオレンジャー Ninpū Sentai Harikenjā Tai Gaorenjā , 2003)
Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger vs. Super Sentai
Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger vs. Super Sentai (百獣戦隊ガオレンジャーＶＳスーパー戦隊 Hyakujū Sentai Gaorenjā tai Sūpā Sentai ) aired in 2001. The plot revolves around the Gaorangers meeting up with previous sentai's. Each sentai teaches each one about their Super Sentai past. Past Sentai Heroes included Soukichi Banba/Big One from J.A.K.Q. Dengkitai, Yuusuke Amamiya/Red Falcon from Choujuu Sentai Liveman, Gouki/Ginga Blue from Seijuu Sentai Gingaman, Daimon/Go Yellow from Kyuukyuu Sentai GoGo V, and Miku Imamura/Mega Pink from Denji Sentai Megaranger. All the prior Red Rangers from Gorenger to Timeranger also make a cameo appearance at the end of the film.
A drama CD titled Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger Gao Access CD: "Gao Panda Appears!!" (百獣戦隊ガオレンジャー ガオアクセスCD 「ガオパンダあらわる!!」 Hyakujū Sentai Gaorenjā Gao Akusesu Shī Dī "Gao panda Arawaru!!" ) introduces Gao Panda.
A manga adaptation crossover with Himitsu Sentai Gorenger titled Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger vs. Himitsu Sentai Gorenger (百獣戦隊ガオレンジャーVS秘密戦隊ゴレンジャー Hyakujū Sentai Gaorenjā Bāsasu Himitsu Sentai Gorenjā ) was released in September 2001.
- Kakeru Shishi (獅子 走 Shishi Kakeru ): Noboru Kaneko (金子 昇 Kaneko Noboru )
- Gaku Washio (鷲尾 岳 Washio Gaku ): Kei Horie (堀江 慶 Horie Kei )
- Kai Samezu (鮫津 海 Samezu Kai ): Takeru Shibaki (柴木 丈瑠 Shibaki Takeru )
- Sotaro Ushigome (牛込 草太郎 Ushigome Sōtarō ): Kazuyoshi Sakai (酒井 一圭 Sakai Kazuyoshi )
- Sae Taiga (大河 冴 Taiga Sae ): Mio Takeuchi (竹内 実生 Takeuchi Mio )
- Ōgami Tsukumaro (大神 月麿)/Shirogane (シロガネ Shirogane ): Tetsuji Tamayama (玉山 鉄二 Tamayama Tetsuji )
- Futaro (風太郎 Fūtarō ): Daiki Arioka (有岡 大貴 Arioka Daiki )
- Tetom (テトム Tetomu ): Takemi (岳美)
- Duchess Org TsueTsue (デュークオルグ ツエツエ Dūku Orugu Tsuetsue ): Rei Saito (斉藤 レイ Saitō Rei )
- Narrator, Gao God (ガオゴッド Gao Goddo ): Hiroshi Masuoka (増岡 弘 Masuoka Hiroshi )
- Duke Org Yabaiba (デュークオルグ ヤバイバ Dūku Orugu Yabaiba ): Kōichi Sakaguchi (坂口 候一 Sakaguchi Kōichi )
- Duke Org Rouki (デュークオルグ 狼鬼 Dūku Orugu Rōki ): Eiji Takemoto (竹本 英史 Takemoto Eiji )
- Highness Duke Org Shuten (ハイネスデュークオルグ シュテン Hainesu Dūku Orugu Shuten ): Tetsu Inada (稲田 徹 Inada Tetsu )
- Highness Duke Org Ura (ハイネスデュークオルグ ウラ Hainesu Dūku Orugu Ura ): Tamotsu Nishiwaki (西脇 保 Nishiwaki Tamotsu )
- Highness Duke Org Rasetsu (ハイネスデュークオルグ ラセツ Hainesu Dūku Orugu Rasetsu ): Hiromi Nishikawa (西川 宏美 Nishikawa Hiromi ) (Upper Mouth), Hidekatsu Shibata (柴田 秀勝 Shibata Hidekatsu ) (Lower Mouth)
- Ultimate Org Senki (究極オルグセンキ Kyūkyoku Orugu Senki ): Daisuke Gōri (郷里 大輔 Gōri Daisuke )
- GaoRed, Gao Muscle, Gao Hunter: Hirofumi Fukuzawa (福沢 博文 Fukuzawa Hirofumi )
- Gao Red (Sub): Seiji Takaiwa (高岩 成二 Takaiwa Seiji )
- Gao Yellow, Gao Black (Sub): Yasuhiro Takeuchi (竹内 康博 Takeuchi Yasuhiro )
- Gao Blue: Yasuhiko Imai (今井 靖彦 Imai Yasuhiko )
- Gao Blue (Sub): Makoto Ito (伊藤 慎 Ito Makoto )
- Gao Black, Gao King: Hideaki Kusaka (日下 秀昭 Kusaka Hideaki )
- Gao White, Yabaida: Motokuni Nakagawa (中川 素州 Nakagawa Motokuni )
- Gao White, Copywhite: Naoko Kamio (神尾 直子 Kamio Naoko )
- Gao White: Yūichi Hachisuka (蜂須賀 祐一 Hachisuka Yūichi )
- Gao Yellow (Sub): Shoji Hachisuka (蜂須賀 昭二 Hachisuka Shoji )
- Gao Silver: Naoki Ofuji (大藤 直樹 Ōfuji Naoki )
- Opening theme
- "Gaoranger Hoero!!" (ガオレンジャー吼えろ!! Gaorenjā Hoero!! , "Gaorangers Roar!!")
- "Gaorangers Hoero!! (All Cast Version)" (ガオレンジャー吼えろ!!(オール・キャスト・ヴァージョン) Gaorenjā Hoero!! (Ōru Kyasto Vājon) )
- Lyrics: Nagae Kuwabara
- Composition & Arrangement: Kōtarō Nakagawa
- Artist: The Gaorangers
- Movie opening
- Ending themes
- "Healin' You" (ヒーリン’ユー Hīrin' Yū ) (1-44, 46-50)
- "Gaoranger Roar!! (ガオレンジャー吼えろ!!, Gaorenjā Hoero!!) (45)
- Lyrics: Nagae Kuwabara
- Composition & Arrangement: Kōtarō Nakagawa
- Artist: The Gaorangers & Yukio Yamagata
- "Ōzora e no Kaidan" (大空への階段 Ōzora e no Kaidan , The Stairway to Heaven) (51)
- Hyakujū (百獣?) is a Japanese phrase that translates to "all kinds of animals", but it also literally translates as "Hundred Animals". In the context of Gaoranger, the latter translation is intended.
- Gao (ガオ) is Japanese onomatopoeia equivalent to a roaring sound. The Gaoranger roll call uses the kanji for "fang" (牙 kiba ) and "howl" (吠 hoe ) which are read together as "Gao" (牙吠).
- "•&#x;‘ò”Ž•¶ |Š”Ž®‰ïŽÐƒŒƒbƒh EƒGƒ“ƒ^ƒeƒCƒ“ƒ ƒ“ƒg EƒfƒŠƒ”ƒ@ [ |". Redactionclub.com. Retrieved 2012-05-25.
- Official Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger website on super-sentai.net (Japanese)
- Toei's Gaoranger Website (Japanese)