Chris Clements (fighter)
February 9, 1976 |
|Other names||The Menace|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight||170 lb (77 kg; 12 st 2 lb)|
|Reach||70.0 in (178 cm)|
|Rank||Black belt in Taekwondo|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Mixed martial arts career
Clements made his professional MMA debut in June 2005. He fought primarily in his native Canada and amassed a record of 10 wins and 4 losses before joining the Ultimate Fighting Championship.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Clements was expected to face Siyar Bahadurzada on July 21, 2012 at UFC 149, replacing an injured Thiago Alves, however, on June 30, Siyar Bahadurzada was forced out of his fight against Chris Clements. Bahadurzada was replaced by Matthew Riddle. Clements lost the fight via arm-triangle choke in the third round. However, on October 20, 2012, it was revealed that Riddle has tested positive for a banned substance (Marijuana) and the result was overturned and changed to a No Contest.
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|17 matches||11 wins||5 losses|
|Loss||11–5 (1)||Stephen Thompson||KO (punches)||UFC 165||September 21, 2013||2||1:27||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|NC||11–4 (1)||Matthew Riddle||No Contest (overturned)||UFC 149||July 21, 2012||3||2:02||Calgary, Alberta, Canada||Submission loss overturned; Riddle failed post-fight drug test.|
|Win||11–4||Keith Wisniewski||Decision (split)||UFC 145||April 21, 2012||3||5:00||Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
|Win||10–4||Rich Clementi||TKO (punches)||Score Fighting Series 3: Clements vs. Clementi||December 3, 2011||3||3:17||Sarnia, Ontario, Canada|
|Win||9–4||Travis Briere||TKO (spinning back kick)||PFC 1: Border Wars||July 16, 2011||2||0:31||Windsor, Ontario, Canada|
|Win||8–4||Jonathan Goulet||KO (punches)||Ringside MMA: Payback||November 12, 2010||2||1:06||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Win||7–4||Caleb Grummet||TKO (punches)||XCC: Battle at the Border 10||August 28, 2010||2||1:42||Algonac, Michigan, United States|
|Loss||6–4||John Alessio||Submission (guillotine choke)||W-1 MMA 4: Bad Blood||March 20, 2010||1||4:24||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Win||6–3||Mark Blackburn||TKO (punches)||Ringside MMA 2: Rage Fighting||August 22, 2009||1||1:52||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Loss||5–3||Jesse Bongfeldt||Submission (rear-naked choke)||TKO 30: Apocalypse||September 28, 2007||2||1:57||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Loss||5–2||Rory Markham||TKO (punches)||International Fight League||August 2, 2007||1||1:17||East Rutherford, New Jersey, United States|
|Win||5–1||David Medd||TKO (punches)||TKO 28: Inevitable||February 9, 2007||2||1:54||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Win||4–1||Steve Pouliot||TKO (punches)||TKO 27: Reincarnation||September 29, 2006||1||3:16||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Win||3–1||Martin Grandmont||TKO (punches)||TKO 26: Heatwave||June 30, 2006||1||4:00||Victoriaville, Quebec, Canada|
|Win||2–1||Lautaro Tucas||KO (punch)||TKO 25: Confrontation||May 5, 2006||1||0:03||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Loss||1–1||Joey Guel||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Extreme Challenge 63||July 23, 2005||3||0:56||Hayward, Wisconsin, United States|
|Win||1–0||Brad Calder||TKO (punches)||UCW 2: Caged Inferno||June 18, 2005||1||1:40||Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada|
- "Chris "The Menace" Clements Tapology Profile". tapology.com. Retrieved July 17, 2014.
- "Keith Wisniewski vs. Chris Clements slated for UFC 145". mmajunkie.com. January 20, 2012.
- "Clements faces Bahadurzada at UFC 149". sportsnet.ca. Retrieved June 4, 2012.
- "With Siyar Bahadurzada out at UFC 149, Chris Clements now meets Matt Riddle". mmajunkie.com. January 30, 2012.
- "Matthew Riddle posts submission win with pregnant wife on his mind". sports.yahoo.com. July 21, 2012.
- "UFC 149 wins for Riddle, Rivera overturned to no contests after positive drug tests". mmajunkie.com. October 20, 2012.
- Keith Grienke (2013-07-03). "Can the Menace Stop Wonderboy? Find Out UFC 165 in Toronto!". TopMMANews.com. Retrieved 2013-07-03.
- Matt Erickson (September 11, 2014). "Five bouts added to UFC Fight Night 55 in Australia". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved September 11, 2014.