|Chris Ruane MP|
|Member of Parliament
for Vale of Clwyd
1 May 1997
|Preceded by||Constituency Created|
18 July 1958 |
Rhyl, Denbighshire, Wales
Ruane attended Ysgol Mair Roman Catholic primary school in Rhyl. He then went to the Blessed Edward Jones RC High School (three years above Carol Vorderman) on Cefndy Road in Rhyl, Denbighshire. At the University of Wales College, Aberystwyth, he gained a BSc in Economics in 1979. From the University of Liverpool he gained a PGCE in 1980. He was a town councillor from 1988 and the Chairman of West Clwyd NUT region.
He was a primary school teacher from 1982–97, and a deputy head from 1991-7.
He contested Clwyd North West in 1992.
In October 2012, the Commons Speaker, John Bercow, blocked the release of data showing which MPs were renting their homes in London to other MPs for financial gain. However, a study of parliamentary records was published in the Daily Telegraph. The study showed that 27 MPS, including Chris Ruane receive rental income from their homes in London while simultaneously claiming rental income from the taxpayer to live at another residence.
Chris Ruane, the Labour MP for the Vale of Clwyd, claims £1,906 a month for his London flat. He has two children and his eldest daughter turned 18 in November. He also owns a flat about three minutes’ walk away. Mr Ruane said: “I have acted completely within the rules.” 
He married Gill Roberts on 14 February 1994 in Rhuddlan, Denbighshire. They have two daughters (born November 1994 and October 1998).
- Chris Ruane MP official constituency website
- Chris Ruane MP Welsh Labor Party profile
- Profile at Parliament of the United Kingdom
- Contributions in Parliament at Hansard 1803–2005
- Current session contributions in Parliament at Hansard
- Electoral history and profile at The Guardian
- Voting record at Public Whip
- Record in Parliament at TheyWorkForYou
- Profile at Westminster Parliamentary Record
- Profile at BBC News Democracy Live
- News articles
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
|New constituency||Member of Parliament for Vale of Clwyd
1997 – present