The BüSo is part of the worldwide LaRouche movement which, according to the Berliner Zeitung, operates in Germany as the Schiller Institute, the LaRouche Youth Movement, and the BüSo. The newspaper wrote in 2007 that the movement had around 300 followers in Germany at that time.
The BüSo is the third in a series of small parties founded in Germany by the movement. The earlier two, now defunct, were the Europäische Arbeiterpartei (the European Labor Party), which was active in the '70s and early '80s and still exists in some Scandinavian countries, and the Patrioten für Deutschland (Patriots for Germany), active during the mid 80s to early 90s.
According to the party's website, the program of the Büso may summarized as follows:
- Create jobs and secure peace through infrastructure projects and the creation of "productive credit"
- Opposition to speculation and globalization
- Parity prices for agriculture
- Education based on the Humboldt model, and a renaissance of classical culture
- "Nuclear Energy instead of windmills"
- "Hands off the basic law (Grundgesetz)!"
The Büso has campaigned for global infrastructure development with cutting edge technologies such as Maglev trains. They support the Transrapid and advocate that it be extended all over Europe and Asia in a "Eurasian Landbridge." The all-news TV channel N24 reported that: "For years the Bürgerrechtsbewegung Solidarität, or Büso for short, has promoted a new 'Eurasian Landbridge.' The Transrapid would travel through North, Central and South Asia all the way to the Far East, and connect to Japan, Korea, China, India and Indochina."
The party's headquarters are in Wiesbaden, and it is also particularly active in Berlin, where German LaRouche Youth Movement activist Daniel Buchmann was BüSo candidate to become mayor during the 2006 elections there.
- Nordhausen, Frank. "A Mother's Investigations", Berliner Zeitung, April 4, 2007, page 3.
- Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen! 25 September 2007
Schon seit Jahren propagiert die Bürgerrechtsbewegung Solidarität - kurz: Büso - ein neue "eurasische Landbrücke". Der Transrapid soll durch Nord-, Zentral- und Südasien bis in den Fernen Osten fahren und die Verbindung nach Japan, Korea, China, Indien und Indochina herstellen.
- Bürgerrechtsbewegung Solidarität website
- LaRouche Youth Movement (Germany) website
- "Schreibtischtäter II", A political pamphlet released by the BüSo, exposing certain Antifa networks.