|Motto in English||a life to discover|
|Students||7 300 (est.)|
|Location||Longueuil, Quebec, Canada|
|Colours||blue & Red & black|
|Affiliations||ACCC, CCAA, QSSF|
Collège Édouard-Montpetit is a francophone CEGEP in Longueuil, Quebec, Canada. Approximately 7 300 (fall 2012) students are enrolled in the Longueuil and St-Hubert campuses. The College of General and Vocational Education is affiliated with the ACCC, and CCAA.
The school was established in 1950 and is named after the Quebec lawyer and academic, Édouard Montpetit. In 1967, several institutions were merged and became public ones, when the Quebec system of CEGEPs was created.
The Collège Édouard-Montpetit athletic teams are known as the Lynx.
The CEGEP offers two types of programs: pre-university and technical. The pre-university programs, which take two years to complete, cover the subject matter which roughly corresponds to the additional year of high school given elsewhere in Canada in preparation for a chosen field in university. The technical programs, which take three years to complete, applies to students who wish to pursue a skill trade. In addition, Continuing Education for adults and services to businesses are provided. The CEGEP is ranked among the lowest for teaching quality  and is located in an impoverished neighborhood of Longueuil.
École nationale d'aérotechnique
L'École nationale d'aérotechnique (ÉNA) is a campus of Collège Édouard-Montpetit located in the vicinity of Saint-Hubert Airport in Saint-Hubert. It is located in close proximity to numerous aeronautical enterprises.
The institution is the largest aerotechnical college in North America and the only institution in Quebec to offer comprehensive training in avionics, construction of aircraft, and aircraft maintenance. Including a programm offer in english: aircraft maintenance.
Montreal Metro expansion
In late 2008, the former mayor of Longueuil, Claude Gladu had planned for a Montreal Metro extension to Collège Édouard-Montpetit on the Yellow Line. The proposition found little support from the STM, claiming the area is unattractive for this kind of infrastructure investment.
- Lemieux, Réjean (12/05/2011). "Des CEGEPS inégaux" (in French). L'Actualité.
- "Des familles montréalaises aux revenus modestes optent pour la Rive-Sud" (in French). 2012-06-04. Retrieved 2013-06-14.
- Grenier, Jean-Claude (11/12/2008). "Le maire de Longueuil réitère l'importance de prolonger le métro vers Edouard-Montpetit" (in French). 24 Heures.
- Levesque, Norbert (07/06/2009). "La STM rejette la proposition du maire de Longueuil" (in French). La Presse.
- Collège Édouard-Montpetit Website (French)
- Official website of the Ecole nationale d'aerotechnique (French)
- Virtual visit of the Ecole nationale d'aerotechnique (French)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Collège Édouard-Montpetit.|