Combermere is best known as home to Madonna House, but the community hosts a farmer's market and also provides access to numerous lakes and rivers for cottagers and tourists who visit the area.
Extensive damage resulted when a tornado moved through the area during the evening hours of August 2, 2006. Trailers, roofs and cottages sustained heavy damages from the tornado (a strength of F2 according to Environment Canada). Acres of land were flattened and groves of century-old pines were destroyed. No lives were lost in the community.
- John Wesley Dafoe - Founder of the Winnipeg Free Press
- Catherine Doherty - Founder of Friendship House in Harlem and the Madonna House Apostolate based in Combermere.
- Eddie Doherty - Famed American newspaper reporter, co-founder of the Madonna House Apostolate.
- Archbishop Joseph Raya - Melkite Greek Catholic Archbishop
- Michael D. O'Brien - A Roman Catholic author, artist, and frequent essayist and lecturer on faith and culture.
- "Summer storm spawned 8 twisters". The Globe and Mail (Canada): A11. August 11, 2006.
|This Eastern Ontario geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|