Newtownards, Northern Ireland
|Alma mater||University of Edinburgh|
Conor McBride (born 1973) is a lecturer in the department of Computer and Information Sciences at the University of Strathclyde. In 1999 he completed a PhD at Edinburgh University for his work in type theory. He previously worked at Durham University and briefly at Royal Holloway, University of London before joining the academic staff at the University of Strathclyde.
His most notable research is in the field of type theory. He co-created the programming language Epigram with James McKinna. Several of his articles, including the joint-written article defining the Epigram language, have been published in the Journal of Functional Programming.
- with: Dagand, Pierre-Evariste (September 2012). "Transporting Functions across Ornaments". ACM SIGPLAN Notices—ICFP 47 (9): 103–114. arXiv:1201.4801. doi:10.1145/2398856.2364544.
- with: Benton, Nick; Hur, Chung-Kil; Kennedy, Andrew J. (August 2012). "Strongly Typed Term representations in Coq". Journal of Automated Reasoning 49 (2): 141–159. doi:10.1007/s10817-011-9219-0.
- with: Chapman, James; Morris, Peter (September 2010). "The gentle art of levitation". ACM SIGPLAN Notices—ICFP 45 (9): 3–14. doi:10.1145/1932681.1863547.
- with: Paterson, Ross (January 2008). "Applicative programming with effects". Journal of Functional Programming (Cambridge University Press) 18 (1).
- with: Altenkirch, Thorsten; Morris, Peter (2007). "Generic Programming with Dependent Types". Datatype-Generic Programming. Lecture Notes in Computer Science 4719. pp. 209–257.
- with: Altenkirch, Thorsten; McKinna, James. Why Dependent Types Matter.
- with: Altenkirch, Thorsten, eds. (2007). Types for Proofs and Programs: International Workshop. Springer. ISBN 3540744630.
- – (2006). "A Few Constructions on Constructors". Types for Proofs and Programs. Lecture Notes in Computer Science 3839. pp. 186–200. CiteSeerX: 10.1.1.65.327.
- – (2005). "Epigram: Practical Programming with Dependent Types". Advanced Functional Programming. Lecture Notes in Computer Science 3622. pp. 130–170.
- with: McKinna, James (January 2004). "The view from the left". Journal of Functional Programming (Cambridge University Press) 14 (1): 69–111. doi:10.1017/s0956796803004829.
- with: Abbott, Michael; Altenkirch, Thorsten; Ghani, Neil (2003). "Derivatives of Containers". Proceedings of the 6th international conference on Typed lambda calculi and applications: 16–30.
- – (2002). "Elimination with a Motive". Types for Proofs and Programs. Lecture Notes in Computer Science 2277. pp. 197–216.
- – (2001). The Derivative of a Regular Type is its Type of One-Hole Contexts.
- – (2000). Dependently Typed Functional Programs and their Proofs. University of Edinburgh College of Science and Engineering.
- University of Strathclyde: Computer and Information Sciences: Staff: McBride, Conor Dr
- Dependently Typed Functional Programs and their Proofs, by Conor McBride, University of Edinburgh, 1999
- Towards Observational Type Theory by Thorsten Altenkirch and Conor McBride
- The view from the left by Conor McBride and James McKinna, Journal of Functional Programming, Volume 14 Issue 1, January 2004, pp 69–111
- Cambridge Journals Online: Journal of Functional Programming, Conor McBride
- Conor McBride at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Computer science bibliography for Conor McBride at DBLP
- Conor McBride's home page
- Video lectures by Conor McBride