Count Flemming Valdemar of Rosenborg
|Count Flemming Valdemar|
|Count Flemming Valdemar of Rosenborg|
|Spouse||Alice Ruth Nielsen|
Count Carl Johan
|House||House of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg|
|Father||Prince Axel of Denmark|
|Mother||Princess Margaretha of Sweden|
9 March 1922|
|Died||19 June 2002
Count Flemming Valdemar of Rosenborg (Danish: Prins Flemming Valdemar Carl Axel til Danmark til Ísland and later Danish: Greve Flemming Valdemar af Rosenborg (9 March 1922, Stockholm – 19 June 2002, Antibes), was a former Danish and Icelandic prince.
He renounced his rights to the throne in 1949 and took the title Count of Rosenborg. Flemming served in the Royal Danish Navy and achieved the rank of Commander.
- Valdemar Georg Flemming Axel, Count of Rosenborg (b. Copenhagen 24 January 1950), married firstly at Oxholm, 24 May 1975 and divorced in 1987 Jane Glarborg (b. Hörup 17 September 1950), and had two children, and married secondly at Hösterköb, 10 December 1988 Jutta Beck (b. Copenhagen, 9 November 1958), and had two children:
- Birger Valdemar Georg Flemming Kai Axel, Count of Rosenborg (b. Copenhagen, 24 January 1950), married firstly at Skovshoved on 10 October 1974 and divorced in 1978 Minna Benedicte Tillisch (b. Helleruplund, 3 July 1949), and had one daughter, married secondly at Taarbæk on 28 November 1981 and divorced in 1990 Susanne Kristensen (Copenhagen, 13 February 1951 – Thisted, 22 October 1999), without issue, and married thirdly at St. Peter's Church, Woolton, Liverpool, 4 March 2000 Lynne Denise Sharpe (b. 10 June 1953), without issue:
- Benedikte Margaretha Dagmar, Countess of Rosenborg (b. Ærøskøbing, 20 July 1975)
- Carl Johan Valdemar Georg Flemming Kai Axel, Count of Rosenborg (b. Copenhagen, 30 May 1952), married at Skovshoved on 3 September 1982 and divorced in 1986 Dorit Zander Olsen (b. Copenhagen, 23 October 1956 d. 17 October 2010), and had one daughter; married secondly in Venice on 19 November 1994 and divorced in 2004 Colette Vivian Cabral (b. New York City, New York, 9 May 1967), and had one daughter; and married thirdly in Monaco on 20 September 2013 Lisa Jeanne Stollar (b. Plainfield, NJ 19 March 1971):
- Désirée Märtha Ingeborg, Countess of Rosenborg (b. Copenhagen, 2 February 1955), married firstly at Kongstedlund on 23 May 1981 and divorced in 1987 Fergus Smith (b. Rochester, Monroe County, New York, 17 September 1949), and had one daughter, and married secondly at Gentofte on 6 February 1988 Peter Rindom (b. Copenhagen, 10 October 1955), and had two sons:
Notes and references
- Montgomery-Massingberd, Hugh, Burke's Royal Families of the World, vol.1: Europe & Latin America, p.70
- "afdøde.dk - Dorrit Grevinde af Rosenborg - Gentofte - født 23.10.1956 - død 17.10.2010". Afdoede.dk. Retrieved 2011-11-27.