||This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (November 2011)|
|EA SPORTS Cricket 07|
The game was released in the UK on 24 November 2006 and in Australia on 14 November 2006. The cover of Cricket 07 features England and Lancashire cricketer Andrew Flintoff, and the Australian release cover pictures the Ashes urn with the Australian and English flags behind it.
Cricket 07 features a number of game types, including limited overs matches (50, 20, 10 or 5 overs), 4-day first-class matches and full-length test matches.You may select different pitches and different weather conditions in different venues.
The game gives players the option of entering different international and national contests, including full seasons and tournaments.
- World Championship: Control up to 16 international teams playing Limited Overs cricket for the World Cup trophy.
- World Series: Control three to five teams playing in a day/night tournament in venues around Australia. Actually it is a parody of Commonwealth Bank Series.
- Test Series: Choose two teams to contest a series of one to six Test matches.
- Tour: Select a team and engage in a series of Tour, One Day, and Test matches with the host nation's teams.
- State Season: The six state sides compete over an entire season.
- Pura Cup: Australia's four-day, two-innings tournament.
- One Day Domestic Series: Australia's 50-over One Day competition.
- KFC Twenty20 Big Bash: Australia's Twenty20 competition, where teams are divided into two pools of three.
- County Season: The 18 county teams play a full season of first-class cricket featuring all four competitions.
- Liverpool Victoria County Championship: England's four-day, two-innings, divisional tournament.
- NatWest Pro40: England's 40-over, One Day tournament between two divisions.
- C&G Trophy: A Limited Overs tournament with the winners of the North and South divisions playing for the trophy.
- Twenty20 Cup: England's Twenty20 competition.
Players can compete for The Ashes between England and Australia. The following options are available:
Ashes 2005 scenarios
Players choose a team and play out scenarios from the 2005 Ashes series. On completing challenges, players are able to watch highlights videos in the Extras section.
2005 npower Ashes series
Players choose either England or Australia and take them through all the warm up matches, ODIs and Test matches in the 2005 Ashes series.
2006-07 3 Mobile Ashes Series
Players choose either England or Australia and take them through all the warm up matches, ODIs and Test matches in the 2006-07 Ashes series. This is created as a balance in the form of an Australia-hosted tournament.
- New Zealand
- Sri Lanka
- South Africa
- United States
- West Indies
Several international venues are available, including the Melbourne Cricket Ground in Australia or Lord's in England. The venues vary in conditions and pitch type, and these can be changed by the player.
- Adelaide Oval (Southern Redbacks), Adelaide
- The Gabba (Queensland Bulls), Brisbane
- Bellerive Oval (Tasmanian Tigers), Hobart
- Melbourne Cricket Ground (Victorian Bushrangers), Melbourne
- WACA Ground (Western Warriors), Perth
- Sydney Cricket Ground (New South Wales Blues), Sydney
- England & Wales
- Edgbaston Cricket Ground, Birmingham
- County Cricket Ground, Bristol
- St Lawrence Ground, Canterbury
- SWALEC Stadium, Cardiff
- County Cricket Ground, Chelmsford
- Riverside Ground, Chester-le-Street
- County Cricket Ground, Derby
- County Cricket Ground, Hove
- Headingley, Leeds
- Grace Road, Leicester
- Lord's Cricket Ground, St. John's Wood, Greater London
- Old Trafford Cricket Ground, Manchester
- County Cricket Ground, Northampton
- Trent Bridge, Nottingham
- Rose Bowl, Southampton
- County Ground, Taunton, Taunton
- The Oval, Kennington, Greater London
- New Road, Worcester
- Iqbal Stadium, Faisalabad
- Asgiriya Stadium, Kandy
- Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados
- Harare Sports Club, Harare
EA Sports lost the licensing for most of the teams for Cricket 07. Only Australia, England, South Africa and New Zealand licensed player names and kits. All other team names are generic, however can be edited in the Team Management option or with a roster.
- Cricket 07 by EA Sports on PC, instruction booklet.