Croatia in the Eurovision Song Contest 2013
|Eurovision Song Contest 2013|
|Selection process||Internal Selection|
|Selection date(s)||Artist: 11 February 2013
Song: 27 February 2013
|Selected entrant||Klapa s Mora|
|Semi-final result||Failed to qualify (13th, 38 points)|
|Croatia in the Eurovision Song Contest|
Croatia participated in the Eurovision Song Contest 2013 in Malmö, Sweden. The Croatian entry was selected through an internal selection, organised by Croatian broadcaster Croatian Radiotelevision (HRT). Klapa s Mora represented Croatia with the song "Mižerja", which failed to qualify from the first semi-final of the contest, placing 13th and scoring 38 points.
Internal Selection 
On 26 November 2012, HRT revealed that their selection process to select an entry for the Eurovision Song Contest 2013 would involve sending a traditional Croatian style Klapa. A song submission was opened for Croatian composers to submit songs in the Klapa style, where one would be eventually selected by a three member jury panel to be performed by an up to 6 member Klapa ensemble.
On 16 January 2013, the jury panel assembled by HRT selected the song "Mižerja", composed by Goran Topolovec, to represent Croatia. In addition, the song "Cili Svit Za Bili Cvit", composed by Miroslav Buljan, was selected as a reserve entry.
- Marko Škugor, from klapa Kampanel (first tenor)
- Ante Galić, from klapa Sinj (second tenor)
- Nikša Antica, from klapa Kampanel (first baritone)
- Leon Bataljaku, from klapa Crikvenica (second baritone)
- Ivica Vlaić, from klapa Sebenico (bass)
- Bojan Kavedžija, from klapa Grdelin (bass)
Mojmir Čačija was part of the jury panel that selected the artists and was also responsible for the vocal arrangement. Nikša Bratoš and Dragan Brnas were responsible for the arrangement of "Mižerja".
The song was officially presented to the public during a press conference in Zagreb on 27 February 2013. During the press conference, the official name of the group, Klapa s Mora, was also revealed.
At Eurovision 
Croatia was allocated to compete in the first semi-final on 14 May for a place in the final on 18 May. In the first semifinal, the producers of the show decided that Croatia would perform 4th, following Slovenia and preceding Denmark. The Croatian performance focused on the vocals of the six members of Klapa s Mora, who were dressed in traditional uniforms worn by Croatian knights.
Points awarded to Croatia 
|12 points||10 points||8 points||7 points||6 points|
|5 points||4 points||3 points||2 points||1 point|
Points awarded by Croatia 
Semi final 1 
Points awarded in first semi-final:
Points awarded in the final:
See also 
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Croatia in the Eurovision Song Contest 2013|
- Leon, Jakov (14 May 2013). "We have our first ten finalists!". Eurovision.tv. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- "Eurovision Song Contest 2013 Semi-Final (1)". Eurovision.tv. 18 May 2013. Retrieved 18 May 2013.
- Webb, Glen (26 November 2012). "Croatia going traditional for 2013". Eurovision.tv.
- Webb, Glen (16 January 2013). "Mižerja to be the Croatian entry in Malmö". Eurovision.tv.
- Omelyanchuk, Olena (11 February 2013). "Croatia: Klapa Ensemble announced". Eurovision.tv.
- Omelyanchuk, Olena (27 February 2013). "Klapa s Mora is a new name for the Croatian ensemble". Eurovision.tv.
- Siim, Jarmo (17 January 2013). "Draw results: Who's in which Semi-Final?". Eurovision.tv.
- Siim, Jarmo (28 March 2013). "Eurovision 2013: Semi-Final running order revealed". Eurovision.tv.
- Leon, Jakov (6 May 2013). "Croatia's Mižerija "powerful and traditional"". Eurovision.tv.
- "Eurovision Song Contest 2013 Grand Final". Eurovision.tv. 18 May 2013. Retrieved 18 May 2013.