||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011)|
|Birth name||Vesna Pisarović|
April 9, 1978 |
Brčko, Bosnia and Herzegovina, SFR Yugoslavia
Vesna Pisarović (born April 9, 1978) is a Croatian pop singer.
Pisarović was born in Brčko, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Yugoslavia and grew up in Požega, Croatia, a part of the same country until she was 13. From her earliest childhood she attended a music school, where she played the flute, sang in choirs and participated in various music contests.
In the mid-1990s she moved to Zagreb, Croatia, where she graduated from the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences. She began singing in clubs and writing songs. In 1997, while performing at the Croatian festival Zadarfest, she met Milana Vlaović. Vlaović started to write songs for Vesna.
In 2002 Vesna Pisarović won the annual Dora festival, the event that determines Croatia's entry for the Eurovision Song Contest. Her song "Everything I Want" placed 11th in the Eurovision Song Contest 2002. She wrote the song "In the Disco" which represented Bosnia and Herzegovina at the Eurovision Song Contest 2004.
- 2000 Da znaš
- 2001 Za tebe stvorena
- 2002 Kao da je vrijeme
- 2003 Best of
- 2003 Pjesma mi je sve
- 2005 V. peti
- 2012 With Suspicious Minds
- "If You Knew" (Da znaš), released in 2000, and the best-selling debut album in Croatia that year (including hits "Da znaš", "Poslije svega", "Sve na svijetu" and "Ja čekam noć"), and
- "Made for you" (Za tebe stvorena), released in 2001 (including hits "Za tebe stvorena", "Da je meni (oko moje)", "Da sutra umrem" and "Jutro donosi kraj").
- "Everything I want", is a song that Vesna represented on "Eurovision Song Contest" in 2002, 2002
- "As if it were time" (Kao da je vrijeme), is Vesna's 3rd album in Croatia, but also her debut-album in Serbia, Montenegro and Macedonia. It includes hits like "Kao da je vrijeme...", "Sasvim sigurna", "Bježi od mene" and "Ivane", 2002
- "Best of", released in 2003
- "Singing is everything to me" (Pjesma mi je sve), includes hits "Dolje na koljena", "Ljubomora", "Ne dam da odeš", "Spremna sam" and "Svrha ljubavi". It was released in 2003
- "Fifth" (Peti). Vesna has 8 singles from this album, that contains very different genres: pop-rock ("Hypohondar", "Ti si kriv"), electro sound ("Zašto mi lažeš", "Srela sam anđela"), jazz ("Stranac"), folk ("Ovo nije moje vrijeme") ballad ("Neka ljudi govore", "Ti ne znaš što je ljubav")... 2005
- "With Suspicious Minds", released in 2012. To some extent based on song from Elvis Presley, but in jazz style. Besides Vesna Pisarović, (voice) other musicinas performing on this album are: Gerhard Gshlössl (trombone), Clayton Thomas (double bass), and Steve Heather (drums)
- "Vesna Pisarović: Suprug je podržao moj zaokret prema jazzu" (in Croatian). January 30, 2011. Retrieved November 3, 2011.
- Bohlman, Philip V. (2004). The music of European nationalism. Santa Barbara, Calif.: ABC-CLIO. p. 2. ISBN 978-1-57607-270-7. Retrieved 6 February 2011.
- "Eurovision Song Contest 2002". European Broadcasting Union. Retrieved 6 February 2011.
with Strings of My Heart
|Croatia in the Eurovision Song Contest
with Više nisam tvoja