|Motto||Cumhuriyeti Seviyorum (English: I love republic)|
|Established||February 9, 1974|
|Rector||Rektör : Prof. Dr. Faruk KOCACIK|
Cumhuriyet University (Turkish: Cumhuriyet Üniversitesi; in English: Republic University) is a public university established in the Sivas Province of Turkey on February 9, 1974, at the 50th anniversary of Republic of Turkey. The main campus of the university is located 5 kilometers (3.1 mi) away from Sivas city center, settled in an area of 2,720 acres (1,101 ha) by Kızılırmak River.
The university offers lectures, educational opportunities, cultural and sportive activities to more than 50,000 undergraduate, post graduate and doctorate students by 2435 academic staff, cultural and sportive facilities, and libraries.
Cumhuriyet University accepts students to 15 faculties (comparable to colleges), 5 institutes, 13 vocational schools and 4 separate departments attached to the university presidency in the main campus. In addition, there are 13 vocational schools in the districts of Sivas Province. The academic units and the programs are listed below;
Faculties & Schools & Institutes
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Engineering: Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Food Engineering, Geological Engineering, Geophysics Engineering, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mining Engineering
- Faculty of Sciences and Letters: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Molecular Biology and Genetics, Turkish Language and Literature, English Language and Literature, German Language and Literature, French Language and Literature, Anthropology, Philosophy, Psychology, Art History, Sociology, History, Turkish Public Science, Modern Turkish Dialects and Literature
- Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences: Economics, Business Administration, Finance, Public Administration, Management Information Systems, Econometrics, Labour Economics and Industrial Relations
- Faculty of Education: Science Education, Mathematics Education, Preschool Education, Primary Education, Elementary Mathematics Education, Turkish Education, Social Sciences Education, Religious and Moral Studies Education, Music Education, Art Education, Psychological Counseling and Guidance
- Faculty of Fine Arts: Sculpture, Painting, Music Sciences, Music Technologies
- Faculty of Communication
- Faculty of Technical Education
- Faculty of Health Sciences: Nursing, Midwifery, Health Administration
- Faculty of Theology
- School of Physical Education and Sports
- School of Foreign Languages
- Vocational School of Foreign Health Services
- Vocational School of Sivas
- Vocational School of Cumhuriyet
- Vocational School of Divriği Nuri Demirağ
- Vocational School of Gürün
- Vocational School of Kangal
- Vocational School of Zara Ahmet Çuhadaroğlu
- Vocational School of Yıldızeli
- Vocational School of Suşehri Timur Karabal
- Vocational School of Gemerek
- Vocational School of Şarkışla Aşık Veysel
- Institute of Social Sciences
- Institute of Health Sciences
- Institute of Applied Sciences
University administration assigns an advisor to every class in the university. These advisors help students during the school registration and course renewals, about exams and university policies, and also personal problems.
Libraries and Computer Labs
The central library of Cumhuriyet University provides a relaxing studying environment for the students. The study halls at the capacity of 350 students, and 33 independent study rooms are currently available in the library. The collection of the library holds 50,000 journals, magazines and books. 26,000 of this collection are formed by books. Other than the central library, all of the faculties contain their own libraries, too. There are 30 computer labs including more than 700 computers all connected to internet are available in the faculties and schools.
The city has all of the main transportation services such; an airport, a train station and a bus terminal, so arrival to Sivas is easy from every location in the World. The public transportation is available between the city and the university campus in every 5 minutes, and the bus rides take about 15 minutes.
A dormitory managed by 'Credit and Dormitories Foundation' (Turkish: Kredi ve Yurtlar Kurumu (KYK)) is serving to students in the campus area. The capacity of the dormitory is 1648 beds for females and 1152 beds for males, total of 2790 beds. In addition, a student visitor house with 100 beds capacity is available for the students on campus. Toki houses, which are another available housing option, are in 2 kilometers distance to the university. Most of the students are being able to find housing opportunities in the center city area that is about 15 minutes bus ride to the campus.
One central dining hall for students and one staff dining hall for academic and administrative staff are available in the campus area. The central dining hall has the capacity to serve 5200 students at the same time. Three courses of meal at the calorie of 1,100-1,500 are served to the students and staff during the lunch times. More than 1,250 academically successful and low income students are able to receive free lunch every day. There are also several cafeteria and cafes available at the certain locations of the campus.
Many sports facilities and activities are available for the students in the campus area. The university provides 1 half Olympic-size swimming pool, 1 gym at the capacity of 1200 students, 1 grass soccer field, 1 water sports center and many outdoors facilities settled in 60,000 square meters area. The open sports area contains 2 synthetic soccer fields, 6 tennis fields (one of them is indoors), 1 synthetic basketball court, 1 synthetic handball court, 1 mini golf field and 6,500 square meters service area. The facilities are serving to all students between 9 am and 10 pm.