||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2008)|
|Birth name||Scott Keeney|
|Born||November 15, 1983|
|Origin||New York City, New York, U.S.|
|Genres||Pop, hip hop, rock, turntablism|
|Occupations||Artist, musician, music producer, radio personality, television personality, entrepreneur|
|Labels||Skee Music, Inc.,|
|Associated acts||Snoop Dogg, Travis Barker, The Game, RiFF RAFF|
Scott Keeney (born November 15, 1983), better known by his stage name DJ Skee, is an American DJ, television host, radio personality, music composer, video producer, entrepreneur and record label owner operating out of Los Angeles. Skee manages his own content and production company, Skee.TV, branded as the "Leader in Verge Culture Content" with over one billion impressions to date. As a DJ, Skee performs worldwide, has headlined tours from Asia through South America, hosts his own radio shows on Los Angeles' KIIS-FM and Sirius XM Satellite Radio (with worldwide syndication), and remixes music from various artists such as Jay-Z and Chris Cornell. His business portfolio also includes a creative marketing and branding agency, record label, management company, as well as a retail lifestyle store chain, Tradition. As of 2013, Skee can also be see as a host and personality on AXS TV.
Skee was born November 15, 1983 in New York City. After moving between Texas and Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, Skee was raised in Saint Paul, Minnesota. Skee started creating mixtapes when he was 15 and soon became regionally known. Starting on air at the age of 16 at a local station in Minneapolis, MN, Skee split time as a teen between Minnesota and New York City where he began his work in the music business. After graduating a year early from Central High School (Saint Paul, Minnesota) in 2001, Skee moved to Los Angeles under the guidance of Steve Rifkind to work directly for him at Loud Records and SRC Marketing.
Currently, Skee's radio shows reach millions of weekly listeners worldwide, via Los Angeles' KIIS-FM (the most listened-to radio station in the country by arbitron audience ratings), Sirius XM Satellite Radio, and also via a syndication deal in Australia, Japan, and Europe. He has interviewed everyone from Lady Gaga to Jennifer Lopez on air.
Performing, Skee has toured worldwide, opened the $100 million mega-club XS inside the Encore Las Vegas, performed at official events for the GRAMMY Awards, NFL Super Bowl, and on the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards.
SKEETOX is DJ Skee's band that has also toured worldwide and highlighted the 2011 NHL Winter Classic in Pittsburgh. SKEETOX is a six piece band centered around DJ Skee while he conducts the band and plays acapellas and vocals from all generes of music remixing and mashing them up on the fly. Artists including Snoop Dogg, Mike Posner, Ice Cube, Lil Jon, and others have come out as surprise guest performers during the set. His single, the "Purp & Yellow LA Leakers (Skeetox Remix)" debuted at #1 on MTV.com on its released and is still currently played as the official theme song of the Los Angeles Lakers, being played before every home game.
As a mixtape DJ & producer, Skee has released over 100 mixtapes during his career. In 2008, Skee was nominated in eight categories, twice as much as any other DJ, at Justo's Mixtape Awards.
Outside of his career as a DJ and personality, Skee is active in the entertainment business as a business entrepreneur being recently named one of Billboard Magazine's influential "Power Players: 30 Under 30" in the August 21, 2010 issue.
Known as the man behind the entire marketing campaigns and promotions for the popular T-Mobile Sidekick in the mid-2000s, Skee has also orchestrated campaigns for Daimler-Chrysler (and specifically the launch of the Chrysler 300 & Dodge Magnum in 2004), Google's Android Platform, nearly every major record label in the world, and more.
In 2011, Skee launched Skee Sports, and has since worked with athletes and sports leagues including Kevin Durant, Kemba Walker, Jamaal Charles, the NHL, MLB, and more. In 2011, the Los Angeles Lakers used Skee's "Purp & Yellow (SKEETOX Remix)" as the theme song for the season. Its accompanying music video debuted at #1 on MTV.com.
Skee.TV Channel & Video Productions
Skee also runs Skee.TV, which has received over 1/4 billion (250,000,000) views on YouTube alone, while also being shown in restaurants and gas stations worldwide including McDonald's, Taco Bell, Denny's and many more. Skee has produced award winning original music videos and content with artists including chart topping music videos for Snoop Dogg, Chris Cornell, Far East Movement, Soulja Boy, The Game, The Clipse, New Boyz, Travis Barker, Ice Cube and others.
- Halo 4: "Revival (& THX remix)"
- Snoop Dogg, Wiz Khalifa, & The Game: "Purp & Yellow (SKEETOX Remix)"
- Jay-Z: The American Godfather
- Katy Perry & Kanye West: "E.T. (SKEETOX Remix)"
- Game: Purp & Patron
- Game: Purp And Patron - The Hangover
- Chris Cornell: Scream - The Mixtape
- Snoop Dogg: PuffPuffPass Tuesdays
- Travis Barker: "Expensive Ta$te"
- The Game: You Know What It Is Vol. 4
- Game: The Red Room
- Game: DJ Skee Presents Brake Lights
- Death of the Mixtape Rapper (with Charles Hamilton)
- And Then They Played Dilla (with Charles Hamilton)
- Staff Development (with Charles Hamilton)
- It's Charles Hamilton (with Charles Hamilton)
- The L Word (with Charles Hamilton)
- Sonic the Hamilton (with Charles Hamilton)
- Intervention (with Charles Hamilton)
- The Best Of The Hamiltonization Process (with Charles Hamilton)
- DJ Skee Presents: Freddie Gibbs - Midwestgangstaboxframecadillacmuzik
- Wax: Scrublife (Hosted by DJ Skee and Dale Firebird)
- The Game: Hood Morning (No Typo): Candy Coronas
- DJ Skee Presents: Joker Brand: Tears Of A Clown Vol. 1
- Game: California Republic
- Party We Will Throw - Warren G ft. Nate Dogg & The Game
- Chris Cornell "Long Gone" Executive Producer
- David Archuleta "Touch My Hand" Executive Producer
- Snoop Dogg, Wiz Khalfia, The Game ft. Los Angeles Lakers "Purp & Yellow (Skeetox Remix)" Executive Producer & Artist
- Soulja Boy "Turn My Swag On" Executive Producer
- Snoop Dogg, DJ Quik, Kurupt, Terrace Martin "Bounce, Rock, Skate" Executive Producer
- Omar Cruz, Frankie J "To The Top" Executive Producer
- The New Boyz "You're A Jerk" Executive Producer
- Kardinal Offishall, The Clipse "Set It Off" Executive Producer
- The Game ft. Travis Barker "Dope Boyz" Executive Producer
- Charles Hamilton "Brooklyn Girls" Executive Producer
- The New Boyz, Ray-J "Tie Me Down" Executive Producer
- V.I.C. "Say Bow" Executive Producer
- "11th Annual Mixtape Awards Nominations Announced, Ceremony Delayed". XXL Mag. February 8, 2008. Retrieved 2011-01-18.
- Langhorne, Cyrus (August 15, 2012). "Dew Tour Announces Expanded Music Initiative Including DJ/Athlete Collaborations With DJ SKEE for Original Event Inspired Songs". MarketWatch.com. Retrieved 2012-08-25.
- Langhorne, Cyrus (August 23, 2012). "Space, Guns, and Music Pt. 2: DJ Skee on Remixing 'Halo 4' List". MTV. Retrieved 2012-09-06.
- Langhorne, Cyrus (August 17, 2010). "DJ Skee Powers up Billboard's 30 Under 30 List". Sohh.com. Retrieved 2011-01-18.
- Langhorne, Cyrus (December 21, 2011). "Forbes 30 Under 30 List". Forbes.com. Retrieved 2012-01-10.
- Crosley, Hillary (28 October 2006). "Bullish on Black Wall Street". Billboard. p. 32. Retrieved 10 July 2010.