Hiton at the 2009 Fox Reality Channel Awards in Hollywood, CA.
|Born||Paris Whitney Hilton
February 17, 1981
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Residence||Beverly Hills, California|
|Occupation||Heiress, socialite, television personality, businesswoman, fashion designer, entrepreneur, model, actress, producer, author, singer|
|Net worth||$100 million|
Paris Whitney Hilton (born February 17, 1981) is an American heiress, socialite, television personality, businesswoman, fashion designer, entrepreneur, model, actress, producer, author and singer. She is the great-granddaughter of Conrad Hilton, the founder of Hilton Hotels. Born in New York City and raised in both California and New York, Hilton began a modeling career as a teenager when she signed with Donald Trump's modeling agency, T Management. Her hard-partying lifestyle and rumored short-lived relationships with Leonardo DiCaprio and Oscar de la Hoya led her to earn a position as a fixture in entertainment news. For her notoriety as a socialite, Hilton was hailed by the media as "New York's leading It Girl" in 2001.
Hilton gained significant notoriety for a sex tape, which was released shortly before the premiere of the reality series The Simple Life (2003), which was a huge success and brought Hilton and co-star Nicole Richie to an international recognition. Hilton then released her 2004 autobiography Confessions of an Heiress: A Tongue-in-Chic Peek Behind the Pose, landed a supporting role in the 2005 horror film House of Wax, and recorded the 2006 music album Paris. She later starred in the series Paris Hilton's My New BFF (2008) and its two spin-offs, Paris Hilton's British Best Friend (2009) and Paris Hilton's Dubai BFF (2009). Hilton has since done a voice role in the TV movie The Dog Who Saved Christmas Vacation (2010) and appeared in the reality show The World According to Paris (2011).
She has appeared in several lists compiled by magazines such as Maxim, FHM as well as Stuff. She is also regularly placed on lists composed by Forbes magazine and was named one of the "100 Hottest Women of All-Time" by Men's Health. Critics also suggest that Hilton epitomizes the title of famous for being famous; she is an example of the modern phenomenon of the "celebutante", the celebrity who rises to fame not because of their talent or work but because of their inherited wealth and controversial lifestyle. In recent years, she has parlayed her media fame into a fashion line and various perfumes with her celebrity endorsement — her fragrances have reportedly earned $1.5 billion. Currently, there are 44 Paris Hilton Stores worldwide and her brand includes perfumes, handbags, watches, footwear, among other products. Hilton earns over $10 million a year from her products sales and as of 2005 she was paid $300,000 for appearances in clubs and events.
Life and career
1981–2002: Early life and career beginnings
Hilton was born in New York City, New York. Her mother, Kathy Hilton (née Kathleen Elizabeth Avanzino), is a socialite and former actress, and her father, Richard Howard "Rick" Hilton, is a businessman. She is the oldest of four children: she has one sister, Nicholai Olivia "Nicky" Hilton (born 1983), and two brothers, Barron Nicholas Hilton II (born 1989) and Conrad Hughes Hilton III (born 1994). Her paternal great-grandfather was Conrad Hilton, who founded the Hilton Hotels. She is of Norwegian, German, Italian (from a maternal great-grandfather), English, and Irish ancestry. She is a half-niece of two child stars of the 1970s, Kim and Kyle Richards.
She was raised Roman Catholic and still attends Mass. Hilton moved between numerous exclusive homes in her youth, including a suite in the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in Manhattan, Beverly Hills, and the Hamptons. As a child she was good friends with other socialites, including Nicole Richie and Kim Kardashian.
Growing up in Los Angeles, Hilton attended the Buckley School and the exclusive St. Paul the Apostle Church and School, where she graduated in 1995. She then attended her freshman year of high school at the Marywood-Palm Valley School in Rancho Mirage, California from 1995–1996. In 1996, when Hilton was 14 years old, her family moved to the East Coast. In New York, she briefly attended Convent of the Sacred Heart (while Lady Gaga was a student there) in 1996 before transferring again to the Dwight School. At 16, Hilton spent one year at the Provo Canyon School, a school for emotionally troubled teens. She then attended the Canterbury Boarding School, in New Milford, Connecticut from the fall of 1998 to February 1999 for her junior year, where she was a member of the ice hockey team. In February 1999, the month she turned 18, she was expelled from Canterbury for violating school rules. After being expelled from Canterbury, she returned to the Dwight School before dropping out a few months later as a high school junior. She later earned her GED.
Hilton began modeling as a child, initially at charity events. When she was 19, she signed with Donald Trump's modeling agency, T Management. Hilton stated that while she "wanted to model," Trump was wishing to have her at his agency, and after she signed she was "loving" the work. While working as a model, she was becoming a daily fixture in entertainment news for her heavy partying; according to Vanity Fair, Cisco Adler, producer of Sweetie Pie (where Hilton acted in) stated that she was "a young party girl who gets sucked into the L.A. party scene and grew up a little too fast". In 2001, Hilton developed a reputation as a socialite, being identified as "New York's leading It Girl" whose fame was beginning to "extend beyond the New York tabloids". Around that time, she made a cameo appearance in Zoolander and was on several magazine covers such as UK's Tatler, Italy's Giola and USA's Vanity Fair and FHM. She also appeared in Vincent Gallo's Honey Bunny video. In 2002, she was one of the leads in the straight-to-video horror movie Nine Lives. Beyondhollywood.com felt that "Hilton’s presence in the cast is the film’s main marketing point, which is plainly obvious by the fact that she’s front and center on the box art and is the only recognizable name in the cast" and also noted that her character was basically herself: "Hilton plays — what else? — a spoiled American socialite who shops on three continents in one day. The script is even clever enough to take a few jabs at Hilton’s real-life social standing, even mentioning that she’s been on the cover of a few sleaze rags in her day". In that year, she became engaged to fashion model Jason Shaw but they broke up in early 2003.
2003–05: The Simple Life and breakthrough
Hilton's breakout role came in 2003, when she co-starred with socialite counterpart Nicole Richie in the Fox reality series The Simple Life, which premiered on December 2, 2003, shortly after Hilton's sex tape was released. The show started airing to surprisingly well received ratings; the premiere episode drew 13,000,000 viewers, increasing Fox's Adults 18–49 rating a phenomenal 79%. At that time, she started to be recognizable for her onscreen dumb blonde persona in reality television and after the end of The Simple Life she has remarked several times that she played a character within the series and it is not who she is in real life, despite people's perception of her. The year the show premiered, she started a relationship with singer Nick Carter, which lasted until 2004.
Hilton launched a lifestyle brand in 2004. She helped design a collection of purses for Japanese label Samantha Thavasa. The 10-piece line collection, a jewelry line designed by Hilton, started being on sale on Amazon.com. She stated that she wanted to "create a line that was beautiful and very high quality, yet affordable and available to everyone". The line was described as "inspired by Hilton's personal style – feminine, flirtatious and glamorous – with heart, star and cross motifs." In the autumn of 2004, Hilton released an autobiographical book, Confessions of an Heiress: A Tongue-in-Chic Peek Behind the Pose, co-written by Merle Ginsberg, which includes full color photographs of her and her advice on life as an heiress. The book was in the New York Times bestseller list, ranking at seven. The quote "Dress cute wherever you go; life is too short to blend in" was added to The Oxford Dictionary of Quotations in September 2009. She was involved in the creation of a perfume line by Parlux Fragrances. Originally set to be a small release, high demand led to a wider release before December 2004. The launch was followed by a 47% increase in sales of Parlux products, predominantly due to sales of the Hilton-branded perfume. After the success of Hilton's perfume, Parlux Fragrances released several more perfumes with her name, including fragrances for men. Hilton released her second book called Your Heiress Diary: Confess It All to Me in 2005 and also in that year, she launched her second fragrance Just Me.
After Hilton hosted Saturday Night Live with musical guest, band Keane in February 2005, she got her first major role in the horror thriller film House of Wax, in which Elisha Cuthbert and Chad Michael Murray also starred. The movie, after being first screened at the Tribeca Film Festival, opened in May 2005, receiving mixed reviews. Giving a positive review for her performance, Matthew Turner for the View London said that Hilton "does better than you might expect". But while MTV felt that she was "actually pretty good", TV Guide called Hilton "talentless". Her role as Paige Edwards won the Teen Choice Award for "Best Scream" and earned her a nomination for "Choice Breakout Performance – Female". (It also won her the 2005 Razzie for "Worst Supporting Actress" at the 2005 Golden Raspberry Awards.) She also earned a nomination for "Best Frightened Performance" at the 2006 MTV Movie Awards. House of Wax grossed over $70,000,000. From May to October of that year, she was engaged to Greek shipping heir Paris Latsis.
The Simple Life, which ran for three seasons on FOX, was cancelled after a dispute between Hilton and Richie in 2005. Hilton commented: "It's no big secret that Nicole and I are no longer friends. Nicole knows what she did, and that's all I'm ever going to say about it." Neither Richie nor Hilton spoke publicly about the cause of the split, though it was speculated that the pair fell out due to Richie showing one of Hilton's homemade sex tapes to a group of their friends. They renewed their friendship in October 2006.
2006–07: Paris, films and arrests
After The Simple Life was cancelled by FOX in 2005, other networks, such as NBC, The WB, VH1 and MTV were all reported to be interested in obtaining the rights to air new seasons of the show. On November 28, 2005, E! announced that they had picked up The Simple Life and had ordered production go ahead on the fourth season, along with the rights to re-air the first three seasons. Shooting for the new season began February 27, 2006. The premiere of the fourth season brought high ratings for the network with 1.3 viewers. She released her self-titled debut album, Paris, under the label on August 22, 2006. The album reached number six on the Billboard 200 for a week and sold over 600,000 copies worldwide The first single "Stars Are Blind" was a massive success in the United States as it was played at more than 125 pop stations across the country. The song also was a hit worldwide; it was a top ten in 17 countries. Although The Guardian felt that Hilton sound "both distracted and bored stiff", Allmusic commented that the album was "more fun than anything released by Britney Spears or Jessica Simpson". As a whole, critical reception was mixed.
In September 2006, Hilton was arrested and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol with a blood alcohol content of 0.08%, the level at which it is illegal to drive in California. The arrest complicated the shooting of the fifth season of series. Hilton's driving license was subsequently suspended in November 2006, and in January 2007 she pleaded no contest to a reckless driving charge. Her punishment was 36 months' probation and fines of about $1,500. The straight-to-DVD motion picture Bottoms Up was released in late 2006. The film came out with negative reviews; Australia's Urban Cinefile remarked that Hilton, as the lead role, "spends most of her screen time flicking her hair as she delivers lines like 'books are those things you read'". In December 2006, National Lampoon's Pledge This!, film in which Hilton appeared and produced, premiered in a limited release before going directly to video. She missed the premiere of the movie at the Cannes Film Festival in protest to the addition of some nude scenes that were going to be included in the film. Hilton said, "I was so angry I snubbed my own premiere." In August 2008, Worldwide Entertainment Group Inc. sued Hilton in the Miami District Court, alleging she did not honor her contractual agreement to provide "reasonable promotion and publicity" for the film. It was reported she was paid $1,000,000 for her work.
On January 10, 2007, Hilton released the DreamCatchers line of hair extensions in partnership with Hair Tech International. On January 22, 2007, Hilton's private life was thrust into the media spotlight with the launch of ParisExposed.com, a website that features images of personal documents, video, and other material allegedly obtained when the contents of a storage locker rented by Hilton was auctioned off due to lack of a $208 payment. The website began charging online access to this material and received 1.2 million visitors in just over 40 hours. Among the contents were medications, diaries, photographs, contracts and love letters, as well as a video of her shot by Joe Francis of Girls Gone Wild. Hilton later obtained a temporary injunction against ParisExposed.com, closing down the website. Also in that month, Hilton was pulled over for driving with a suspended license and signed a document acknowledging that she was not permitted to drive. The following month, Hilton was caught driving 70 mph in a 35 mph zone, again with a suspended license. She also did not have her headlights on even though it was after dark. Prosecutors in the office of the Los Angeles City Attorney charged that those actions, along with the failure to enroll in a court-ordered alcohol education program, constituted a violation of the terms of her probation. On May 4, Hilton was sentenced by Judge Michael T. Sauer to 45 days in jail for violating her probation. Initially, Hilton planned to appeal the sentence, and supported an online petition asking California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger for a pardon. The petition was created and organized on May 5, 2007, by Joshua Morales. In response, various opponents started a counter-petition to maintain the sentence. Both petitions attracted tens of thousands of signatures. Hilton later switched lawyers and dropped her plans to appeal.
Hilton was required to begin her jail term on June 5, and checked herself into the Century Regional Detention Facility, an all-female jail in Lynwood, California after attending the 2007 MTV Movie Awards on June 3. However Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca signed orders on June 7, reassigning Hilton to 40 days of home confinement with an electronic monitoring device due to an unspecified medical condition. Baca commented on the release saying, "My message to those who don't like celebrities is that punishing celebrities more than the average American is not justice," contesting that under normal circumstances, Hilton would not have served any time in jail, and he added that "The special treatment, in a sense, appears to be because of her celebrity status ... She got more time in jail". On the same day that Hilton was released from jail, Judge Michael Sauer summoned her to reappear in court the following morning (June 8) as the sentencing statement had explicitly said she would serve time in jail with "No work furlough. No work release. No electronic monitoring." At the hearing he declined to be briefed by Hilton's attorney in private chambers on the nature of her condition and sent her back to jail to serve out her original 45-day sentence. Upon hearing the sentence, Hilton shouted, "It's not right!" and started screaming, requesting to hug her mother who was present in the courtroom. Concern about Hilton's condition led to her being moved to the medical wing of the Twin Towers Correctional Facility in Los Angeles, and she was moved back to the Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood on June 13.
While in jail, Hilton was influenced by the clergyman minister Marty Angelo: Hilton referred to starting a "new beginning" during her interview with talk show host Larry King on June 28, 2007, two days after being released from jail, and quoted from Angelo's autobiography, entitled Once Life Matters: A New Beginning. On June 9, 2007, Marty Angelo petitioned Sauer, asking to serve out the remainder of Hilton's jail sentence if the judge would release her to an alternative treatment program, but the petition was turned down. On the same show, she revealed taking Adderall for ADHD since childhood. After Hilton faced time in jail, The Simple Life finished its run at the end of the fifth season in July 2007. In early August 2007, Hilton signed a licensing agreement with Antebi for a signature footwear line, "Paris Hilton Footwear", featuring stilettos, platforms, flats, wedges, and a sports collection, expected to reach stores in 2008. In mid August 2007, Hilton launched a line of tops, dresses, coats, and jeans at the Kitson Boutique in Los Angeles. She felt the event was "a dream come true" and described the clothing line as " fun, bright and flashy". In December 2007, Hilton posed nude, covered in gold paint, to promote "Rich Prosecco", a canned version of an Italian sparkling wine. She also traveled to Germany to promote the drink, appearing in various print ads for the product.
Around that time, Hilton's grandfather, Barron Hilton, pledged 97% of his estate (the Hilton family fortune) to a charitable organization founded by their great-grandfather, Conrad N. Hilton, the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation. As a result, the inheritance of his grandchildren is sharply diminished. An immediate pledge of $1.2 billion was made (the proceeds of the sale of Hilton Hotels Corporation), with a further $1.1 billion due after his death. He cited the actions of his father, Conrad N. Hilton, as the motivation for his pledge. Conrad, Barron's father, had left 97% of his estate to the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation and Barron subsequently contested his father's will to win back a sizeable amount of the Hilton family fortune in a settlement. By leaving his estate to the Foundation, Barron is donating not only the fortune he has amassed on his own, but he is also returning the Hilton family fortune amassed by his father, Conrad, to the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation, where it would have gone over 30 years ago had Barron not contested his father's will. Barron stated he is proud to follow his father's example. Also in 2007, Hilton modeled for 2 be free and her fourth perfume came out, called Can Can.
2008–09: Focus on acting and My New BFF shows
Hilton's love for dogs led her to create an apparel line for dogs called Little Lily by Paris Hilton, with some of the proceeds going to benefit animal rescue. "I have 17 dogs and I like to dress them, so I started designing this clothing line and it's really cute, like dresses and jeans – everything you can imagine for humans, but for dogs," she said in an interview during Super Bowl XLII festivities. In April 2008, she guest starred on the My Name Is Earl episode "I Won't Die with a Little Help from My Friends". On August 6, 2008, Hilton appeared in a video online, Paris Hilton Responds to McCain Ad, directed by Adam McKay and posted on the Funny or Die website. The video featured Hilton in a parody advertisement, and was made in response to a television campaign advert Celeb, by the 2008 John McCain presidential campaign. In Celeb, McCain briefly compared his rival Barack Obama to that of celebrities such as Hilton and Britney Spears, going on to question his readiness to lead and criticize his energy policy. In what The Washington Post opined "might just be her best acting role yet," Hilton appears in the video wearing a leopard print swimsuit. The video received seven million views in two days garnering worldwide press coverage, and drew both written and verbal media response from both campaigns. In October Hilton featured in a second parody video posted on Funny or Die, Paris Hilton Gets Presidential with Martin Sheen, alongside Hollywood actor Martin Sheen, with his son, actor Charlie Sheen, appearing in a cameo role. Hilton, heavily made up and in a green evening dress, interviews Martin Sheen in a kitchen, discussing various political issues, seeking his advice from his days playing a fictional President on The West Wing.
A the 2008 Toronto International Film Festival, it was screened a documentary about Hilton called Paris, Not France. It is shown in the movie how she felt about the way the media had portrayed her: "I'm basically being judged, and they're creating this false person, and I can't do anything about it". Petty, during the premiere at the festival remarked that Hilton has "created a mystery about herself that a film like this maybe wouldn't have been a great thing for her in the past. But now, she's been so saturated in the media. We're so used to her. To see a new side of her is so exciting". Later, in 2009, the film was aired in July for MTV.
Hilton starred in an MTV reality series titled Paris Hilton's My New BFF, about her search for a new best friend. The series premiered on September 30, 2008. That day, Hilton released her song "My BFF" on KIIS-FM with host Ryan Seacrest. It was the theme song for the BFF show . The series proved to be a hit; it was watched in its premiere episode by 1,200,000 viewers and averaged a 1.6 rating among spectators 12–34 in its Tuesday 10 p.m slot, topping all other cable shows in the hour. Hilton's next project was the goth/rock musical with a cult film following, Repo! The Genetic Opera, where she played the character of Amber Sweet, the surgery- and painkiller-addicted daughter of a biotech magnate. Horror.com said: " Not only is this by far Hilton's best role, she's actually got a grain of gravitas in the end". However, Jam! Movies called her a "hopeless twit as an actress". She remarked that "Just getting a role like this offered to me was new to me because I always get offered a certain role just basically playing myself". She was nominated for the Razzie Award for Worst Supporting Actress in 2009 for her role. The film, first screened at the 2008 San Diego Comic-Con International, received a limited release in the United States and Canada on November 7, 2008. Around that time, Hilton released her fifth fragrance for women called, Fairy Dust and broke up with Good Charlotte guitarist Benji Madden, who she was in a relationship with since early that year.
As a result of the American version success, on January 29, 2009, Paris Hilton's British Best Friend, a spin-off, began airing on ITV2 in England. She began to film the show in October 2008. The series did quite well; it was watched by 428,000 viewers in its first episode and brought 605,000 viewers for its finale. The second season of Paris Hilton's My New BFF premiered on June 2, 2009. In that same month, Hilton shot Paris Hilton's Dubai BFF (which, after some complication, it was aired in 2011). Runner-up of the British series Kat McKenzie died on July 3, 2009, of a suspected overdose. Hilton guest-starred in the fifth episode of Supernatural's fifth season. In July 2009, her sixth fragrance for women Siren was launched. She won the Female Celebrity Fragrance of the Year Award at the 2009 Fifi Awards. She got involved in the creation of a sunglasses line by Gripping Eyewear. She first launched the line on October 7, 2009 and the collection became available in stores in March 2010. The next month, she launched a Hair and Beauty Products line, which includes a range of shampoos, conditioners, and hair vitamins. Also in 2009, she began dating The Hills star Doug Reinhardt, who she broke up with in April 2010, because she was worried he was just using her to further his career.
2010–11: Legal issues and reality television comeback
In February 2010, Hilton participated in an advertising campaign for the launch of the Brazilian beer Devassa Bem Loura, whose slogan in English roughly translates to "very blonde bitch". As part of the campaign, Hilton joined the brewery's float in the carnival of Rio de Janeiro. On July 2, Hilton was accused of smoking marijuana at the 2010 FIFA World Cup game between Brazil and the Netherlands. She was escorted from the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium by local police, however the case was later dismissed for unknown reasons. Hilton's publicist, Dawn Miller, stated "I can confirm that the incident was a complete misunderstanding and it was actually another person in the group who did it". Two weeks later, Hilton was detained and released after being caught in possession of cannabis at Figari airport, Corsica.
On August 10, Hilton released her 10th fragrance, Tease inspired by Marilyn Monroe. On August 19, she launched a footwear line in Las Vegas. The collection costs between $60 and $160 and Hilton, during an interview, said that she "chose the styling, design, materials and colours for the line and also wanted to make sure it was super comfortable". That same month, she was arrested on suspicion of cocaine possession in Las Vegas while her boyfriend, Cy Waits, was booked on charges of driving under the influence. Initially her defence claimed that the handbag containing 0.8g of cocaine was not hers as "This purse in question was a high street brand – and by no means up to her high fashion standards.". Later she claimed some of the personal items (like cash and credit cards) from the bag acknowledging it was hers. In order to avoid being convicted of a felony, Hilton pleaded guilty to two misdemeanors on September 17, 2010. Under the terms of the plea bargain, she was sentenced to one year of probation, 200 hours of community service, a $2,000 fine and ordered to complete a drug-abuse treatment program. Clark County District Attorney David Roger said that: "If she is arrested for anything besides a minor traffic violation she will spend a year in jail. There will be no discussion. The court will have no discretion." On September 21, 2010, while travelling to a press conference in Tokyo to promote fashion and fragrance lines, Hilton and her sister Nicky were stopped by immigration officers at Narita Airport, Japan because of Hilton's conviction for drug possession a day earlier. Under Japan's strict anti-drug laws, people convicted of any drug crime are in general denied entry to the country. Narita officials questioned Hilton "for hours" and Hilton and her sister were forced to stay at the airport hotel overnight. On September 22, Japanese authorities decided not to grant Hilton entry into the country, and she was put on a plane back to the United States the same day. Other stops on their Asian promotion tour were cancelled, as countries like Indonesia and Malaysia have even tougher anti-drug laws. The documentary Teenage Paparazzo, in which Hilton appeared, aired on HBO on September 27. The motion picture was met with critical acclaim.
Hilton provided her voice for the character of Bella in the ABC made-for-television film The Dog Who Saved Christmas Vacation (it is her first voice-over role). She said of the film: "I just think it's a really cute film" and that "I love animal movies, I love Christmas movies, and also, my grandmother, who passed away a couple of years ago from breast cancer, actually had a standard poodle and her name was Paris. So when I'm watching this, it's kind of like watching grandma's dog. It's kind of like a sign to me." The film aired on November 28, 2010 and attracted good ratings with 2.611 million viewers. In December 2010 Hilton launched her own motorcycle team. In November 2011, her Spanish driver Maverick Vinales won the final race and come up third overall in the 125cc world championship. She modeled for the second time (the first time was early 2010) at the Brazil Fashion Week in 2011. In February, it was released a new collection of fragrances called the Passport collection. The perfumes are inspired by popular cities such as Paris, France; South Beach, Florida; and Tokyo, Japan, The following month, she launched a footwear collection in Mexico. Around that time, she launched her mobile application, which became available for iPhone and iTouch. On May 12, she opened her third store in Philippines. The store is located at Abreeza Mall in Davao City and it displays bags, earrings, wallets, belts, caps and perfumes.
On June 1, 2011, Oxygen's show The World According to Paris, which marked Hilton's comeback to reality television, premiered. The show followed her in her daily life, and attracted 409,000 viewers. Although being the highest Wednesday premiere for a show, it was considered a bomb, which led to the suspicion Hilton's popularity had faded. The New York Times wrote that Hilton "is an attractive woman with proven talent for marketing and self-promotion, though as a reality heroine she seems a little passé — a Sony Walkman in an iPod era, a Friendster in the age of Facebook or, to put it in context, a single-process blonde in a triple-process world", and also remarked that she "appears to have plenty of boyfriends, present and ex. Paparazzi still snap her picture. But it’s hard to see how she can recapture the kind of audience she enjoyed in her heyday – even by streaming her premiere live on Facebook". She appeared on the show alongside her boyfriend Cy Waits (a entrepreneur and co-owner of Tryst Nightclub and XS Nightclub in Las Vegas), who she broke up with in June. Hilton was named "Billion Dollar Entrepreneur" by Variety magazine and was featured on the cover. She opened up her fourth store in the Philippines on August 18, 2011. In September, she launched a footwear line in Istanbul, Turkey and a Paris Hilton brand store was opened in India with plans to open 8 more stores. She also modeled during Ukraine Fashion Week for designer Andre Tan in October 2011.
2012–present: Music, acting work and upcoming projects
In early 2012, she launched a new line of sunglasses in Shanghai. The launch was a "huge success", she said. Hilton's next project was her DJ debut at the Pop Music Festival in Brazil, she premiered her single called "Last Night". Having attracted extremely negative reviews after some videos were posted on Youtube.com and being dissed by the DJs Deadmau5, Samantha Ronson, and even Afrojack, she gained positive reviews from DJ Poet, fans and the crowd at the festival. As a whole, her set received mixed reviews. Shortly after her performance, she bacame a trending topic on Twitter. Hilton's footwear line was nominated for Best Celebrity Licensee of the Year at the 2012 International Licensing Excellence Awards. Around that time, she released her fifteen perfume, Dazzle.
Hilton appeared in a music video for Korean singer, Kim Jang Hoon. The filming took place at the American resort of Malibu Beach, California from August 24 to 25, 2012. An agent for the Korean singer stated that they had considered several Hollywood stars for the lead actress role in Kim's music video, including Jessica Alba and Scarlett Johansson, as well as Hilton. However, she was finally chosen to play the role following a survey conducted by the Korean public who recognised Paris more than the other contenders. It is alleged that Hilton was paid $1 million for her appearance in the video shoot, with a 3D premiere that took place in October 2012. On September 20, 2012, an audio recording of her making derogatory comments about gay people appeared on the Internet. On the same day, after the backlash caused over the comments, Hilton issued an apology throughout GLAAD where she wrote she is a "huge supporter of the gay community" and labels gay people as "the strongest and most inspiring people I know". As a result of the remarks, gay-focused channel Logo pulled a documentary about her called Paris Hilton Inc., which was scheduled to air. Since that month, she has been in a relationship with Spanish model River Viiperi.
Hilton opened her fifth store in the city of Mecca, Saudi Arabia in early November 2012. As Mecca is considered the "holiest city in the Muslim world" and Saudi Arabia is a conservative country, a controversy regarding her personal life was generated on Twitter. In early December, she modeled for designers Shane and Falguni Peacock at India Fashion Week. She also made a performance as a DJ there. Like her debut, the set was met negatively after a video was posted on YouTube but received acclaim from the audience.
In January 2013, Hilton started to appear in various episodes of the Danish version of the reality show Paradise Hotel, for which she was allegedly paid $300,000. She then had guest-appearances in two episodes of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, where her aunts Kyle and Kim have the leads. On April 24, Hilton opened a store in Bogotá, Colombia, making it the 44th Paris Hilton store worldwide. In early May, it was premiered the music video of Birdman's song "Tapout", where she appeared alongside Lil Wayne, Christina Milian and Nicki Minaj. In addition to opening a Beach Club in the Phillipines Hilton is set to have a cameo as herself in Sofia Coppola's The Bling Ring, a film about a group of teenagers who robbed the houses of celebrities such as Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and Orlando Bloom between 2008 and 2009. The movie is scheduled to premiere at the 2013 Cannes Film Festival, and will open theatrically on June 14. In May 2013, it was reported that Hilton had signed with Cash Money Records with plans to release her second album in the summer of 2013. It will be produced by Afrojack and feature a track with Lil Wayne.
Although being already a fixture in entertainment news for her heavy-party lifestyle, she gained significant notoriety for her participation in 1 Night in Paris, a sex tape that was leaked before the premiere episode of her reality show The Simple Life, which aired to high ratings. Some entertainment writers felt the overnight success of Hilton was spawned by the whole tape controversy. Entertainment Weekly commented: "I dare say the Paris Hilton-Rick Salomon tape received more print and television coverage in a week than the run-up to The Simple Life received in the months since its premiere was announced. We in the media have become Paris-ites". People magazine wrote that the show "no doubt was helped by the very public saga of a pirated three-year-old video tape, which recently made the rounds on the Internet showing Hilton engaged in various sex acts with ex-boyfriend Rick Salomon". As a result, Hilton's profile was raised significantly, paparazzi began following her and her relationships, lavish lifestyle and legal issues became frequent targets of gossip sites and tabloid media worldwide—for which critics suggest that Hilton epitomizes the title of famous for being famous and she is an example of the modern phenomenon of the "celebutante", the celebrity who rises to fame not because of their talent or work but because of their inherited wealth and controversial lifestyle.
Hilton appeared for the third time in FHM's 100 Sexiest Women poll in 2006, ranking at number thirty four. She was twenty three in 2005 and fifty nine in 2004. In a poll conducted by the Associated Press and AOL, Hilton was voted the second "Worst Celebrity Role Model of 2006", behind Britney Spears. She denied proclaiming herself as the "iconic blonde of the decade" such as Diana, Princess of Wales, and Marilyn Monroe in the May 2007 issue of Harper's Bazaar. She appeared in the 2007 Guinness World Records as the world's "Most Overrated Celebrity". New York Daily News gossip columnist Lloyd Grove banned her from his page and the Associated Press conducted what they called an experiment in February 2007, trying not to report on Hilton for a whole week.
During 2009, a quiet free relationship between Hilton and tabloid headlines led entertainment writers surmise Hilton's popularity had plummeted. In an article from CNN called "Why has Paris Hilton disappeared?", editor Samantha Yanks (of Gotham and Hamptons magazines) was quoted saying: "Phase one was the ascension, seemingly out of nowhere. That came with a media frenzy, the antics, the partying, the music, the babe-like status and of course, the fashion label. Phase two, she disappears" The absence of Hilton in the news and tabloids seemed to be a response to a new generation of tabloid consumers' lack of interest in her. The suspicion of her star power fading came back in June 2011, when her reality show, The World According to Paris failed to get high ratings. As a result, Hilton walked out during an interview with Good Morning America, after she was asked if she worried about her moment having passed. Remaining a frequent target for paparazzi, Hilton has been keeping clear from news headlines in recent years. On the May 2, 2013 episode of The Wendy Williams Show, Hilton addressed about her current presence in the news circuit, saying that she was simply "staying out of trouble" and that she has grown up.
In 2011, she was named one of the "100 Hottest Women of All-Time" by Men's Health. According to a 2011 poll conducted by Ipsos, Hilton is the most unpopular celebrity among Americans, with 60% of the responders having an unfavorable opinion on her. In 2012, she ranked at number five in the "Most Over-exposed" list by Forbes.
Filmography and awards
|Year||Title||Role||Notes and awards|
|1993||Wishman||Girl on beach|
|2003||The Cat in the Hat||Clubgoer|
|2004||Win a Date with Tad Hamilton!||Heather|
|2004||The Hillz||Heather Smith|
|2005||American Dreams||Barbara Eden||TV series ("California Dreamin'")|
|2005||House of Wax||Paige Edwards||Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Supporting Actress
Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie Scream Scene
Nominated—MTV Movie Award for Best Frightened Performance
Nominated—Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie Breakout Performance – Female
|2006||Bottoms Up||Lisa Mancini|
|2006||National Lampoon's Pledge This!||Victoria English|
|2008||Paris, Not France||Herself||Documentary|
|2008||The Hottie and the Nottie||Cristabel Abbott||Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Actress
Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Screen Couple
|2008||Repo! The Genetic Opera||Amber Sweet||Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Supporting Actress|
|2008||An American Carol||Herself|
|2010||The Dog Who Saved Christmas Vacation||Bella||TV film|
|2013||The Bling Ring||Herself|
|Year||Title||Role||Notes and awards|
|2003–2007||The Simple Life||Herself||Nominated—Teen Choice Award for Choice Reality Television Star – Female (2004, 2006, 2007)|
|2004||Las Vegas||Madison||TV series ("Things That Go Jump in the Night")|
|2004||George Lopez||Ashley||TV series ("Jason Tutors Max")|
|2004||The O.C.||Kate||TV series ("The L.A.")|
|2004||Veronica Mars||Caitlin Ford||TV series ("Credit Where Credit's Due")|
|2008||My Name Is Earl||Herself||TV series ("I Won't Die with a Little Help from My Friends")|
|2008–2009||Paris Hilton's My New BFF||Nominated—Teen Choice Award for Choice Reality Television Star – Female
Nominated—Teen Choice Award for Choice Summer Television Star – Female
|2009||Paris Hilton's British Best Friend|
|2009||Paris Hilton's Dubai BFF|
|TV series ("Fallen Idols")|
|2011||The World According to Paris||Herself||TV series|
|2013||Paradise Hotel||TV series; Danish version|
|2013||The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills||TV series ("Home Is Where the Art Is" and "Secrets Revealed")|
- Confessions of an Heiress: A Tongue-in-Chic Peek Behind the Pose, ISBN 0-7432-6664-1 (2004)
- Your Heiress Diary: Confess It All to Me, ISBN 0-7432-8714-2 (2005)
- Paris (2006)
- "Paris Hilton Biography (1981–)". FilmReference.com. Retrieved September 20, 2012.
- Times shown are ET (February 17, 1981). "Paris Hilton Biography – Facts, Birthday, Life Story". Biography.com. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- Barnes and Noble: "Confessions of an Heiress: A Tongue-in-Chic Peek behind the Pose". Search.barnesandnoble.com. Retrieved on 2011-10-28.
- "The 100 Hottest Women of All-Time". Men's Health. 2011. Retrieved January 3, 2012.
- "The Paris Hilton Rule: Famous For Being Famous". ScoreboardMedia (February 6, 2007). Retrieved on 2011-10-28.
- "SURPRISE? Paris Hilton Earns Over $10M A Year From 17 Different Product Lines". Articles.businessinsider.com. Retrieved July 31, 2012.
- "Paris Hilton on sex tape: 'I'll never be able to erase it'". CNN. February 15, 2006. Retrieved July 31, 2012.
- Forbes http://www.forbes.com/lists/2005/53/U3HH.html
|url=missing title (help).
- "Chronicling the history of the hideously hyped inn crowd". New York Daily News. November 7, 2006.
- House of Hilton by Jerry Oppenheimer.
- Ancestry of Paris Hilton. Wargs.com. Retrieved on 2011-10-28.
- "Video of Hilton declaring her ethnicity". Youtube. June 29, 2007. Retrieved 2012-09-05.
- "Providence LAURENCE K. AVANZINO". Providence Journal. February 20, 1997.
- "Narragansett ELIZABETH J. AVANZINO". The Providence Journal. March 12, 1999.
- "Paris Hilton on 'Larry King Live' - CNN.com". CNN.
- Hattenstone, Simon (July 8, 2006). "Simon Hattenstone meets Paris Hilton". The Guardian (London).
- "Biography for Paris Hilton". IMDb. Retrieved April 2, 2011.
- "School yearbook pictures of celebrities". The Daily Telegraph (London). August 24, 2011.
- "Paris Hilton Biography". Biography.com. A&E Television Network. 2011. Retrieved April 2, 2011.
- Slomowicz, Ron (June 10, 2008). "Interview with Lady Gaga". About.com. Retrieved September 11, 2009.
- "Paris Hilton Biography". Metro Lyrics. Retrieved April 2, 2011.
- "The Real News – Paris Hilton: I need a disguise". Chicago Flame. December 7, 2003. Retrieved April 2, 2011.
- "Paris Hilton’s teen lover threatens to expose their love letters". Thiandian News. November 15, 2007. Retrieved April 2, 2011.
- "Paris Hilton was high-school hockey ‘sensation’". Wnd.com. June 14, 2007. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- Barry, Evonne (December 30, 2006). "A million reasons to be Paris". The Daily Telegraph (Australia). Retrieved February 1, 2007.
- "Paris Hilton Biography". Fox News. June 28, 2007. Retrieved July 4, 2008.
- Porter, Charlie (February 16, 2001). "New York style: 'Is this article going to trash me?': Heiress, star of the social columns and now a top model.. Charlie Porter meets Paris Hilton". The Guardian (London). pp. Guardian Features Pages, p. 8.
- Sales, Nancy Jo (2012-03-21). "Nancy Jo Sales on Paris and Nicky Hilton". Vanity Fair. Retrieved 2013-01-30.
- "Paris Hilton - Fashion Model - Profile on FMD". Fashionmodeldirectory.com. Retrieved 2013-01-30.
- "Nine Lives (2002) Movie Review". Beyondhollywood.com. Retrieved April 29, 2012.
- Parvizi, Lauren (2010-04-30). "Paris Hilton confirms she and ex Jason Shaw are ‘very close’ | Daily Dish | an SFGate.com blog". Blog.sfgate.com. Retrieved 2013-01-30.
- "'Simple Life' Establishes Hilton's Star". People. Retrieved April 6, 2012.
- Silverman, Stephen M. (March 15, 2004). "Hilton and Richie Expand Their Horizons – The Simple Life, Nicole Richie, Paris Hilton". People. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- "Paris Hilton insists she's not stupid". Now magazine. Retrieved May 18, 2012.
- "Paris Hilton Plays My Favorite Scene: 'Who Was It? Ben Stiller or Matt Damon?'". Movieline.com. Retrieved May 18, 2012.
- "USATODAY.com - Paris Hilton and Nick Carter break up". Usatoday30.usatoday.com. 2004-07-26. Retrieved 2013-01-30.
- Paris Hilton creates jewelry line Msnbc.msn.com
- "Paris Hilton Launches Her Own Jewelry Line". People.coom. Retrieved March 16, 2012.
- "Paris Dreams of Simple Life in New Book". People. Retrieved March 16, 2012.
- "Paris Dreams of Simple Life in New Book". People. Retrieved April 6, 2012.
- "Hardcover Nonfiction". New York Times. September 26, 2004. Retrieved April 6, 2012.
- Goldsmith, Belinda (September 11, 2009). "Paris Hilton's wisdom immortalized in book of quotes". Reuters. Retrieved September 13, 2009.
- Form 10-Q for Parlux Fragrances, Inc. Biz. Yahoo.com
- Celebrity fragrance watch: Paris Hilton & Andy Roddick Nowsmellthis.com
- Silverman, Stephen M. (February 2, 2005). "Paris Hilton Booked to Host SNL – Paris Hilton". People. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- "Jen, Sarah and Paris to Hit Cineplex". People. Retrieved April 8, 2012.
- "Tribeca film fest lineup". Daily News (New York). March 9, 2005. Retrieved April 8, 2012.
- "Paris Hilton Turns Up The Heat On House Of Wax". TeenHollywood.com. April 6, 2005. Retrieved 2012-09-05.
- "House of Wax reviews". Metacritic.com. Retrieved April 8, 2012.
- Turner, Matthew. "House of Wax Film Review". ViewLondon. Retrieved November 27, 2011.
- "'House Of Wax,' 'Kingdom Of Heaven': Scary Smart, By Kurt Loder". MTV. Retrieved March 16, 2012.
- "House of Wax Review". TV Guide. Retrieved July 27, 2012.
- Teen Choice Awards 2005 nominees and winners. Fox.com
- 2005 Golden Raspberry Award Nominees and Winners on March 6, 2006
- "House of Wax (2005)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2007-06-17.
- "'Simple Life' star Paris Hilton breaks off engagement to Paris Latsis". Reality TV World. Retrieved 2013-01-30.
- "Paris Speaks Out About Split With Nicole". People. April 21, 2005. Retrieved 2008-08-03.
- "'Simple Life' star Paris Hilton confirms that "Nicole and I are no longer friends"". Reality TV World. April 21, 2005. Retrieved 2012-09-05.
- Alexander, Bryan. "Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie: Friends Again? – Nicole Richie, Paris Hilton". People. Retrieved 2012-09-05.
- Fox drops 'The Simple Life 4,' NBC and The WB reportedly interested
- Fox's canceled 'The Simple Life 4' reality show lands at E! Network
- "Simple Life 4 debut quadruples E!'s average ratings + reality blurred". Realityblurred.com. 2006-06-07. Retrieved 2013-01-30.
- "Paris Hilton's Music". Parishiltonsite.net. Retrieved 2012-09-05.
- June 26, 2006 8:07:00 AM UTC (2006-06-26). "Paris Hilton's "Stars Are Blind" Has Been Added to More Than 125 Pop Stations Nationwide". TeenMusic.com. Retrieved 2013-01-30.
- "Paris Hilton's Debut Single is a Hit". TeenMusic.com. June 12, 2006. Retrieved 2012-09-05.
- [dead link]
- Petridis, Alexis (August 10, 2006). "CD: Paris Hilton, Paris Hilton". The Guardian (London).
- Discography – Paris Hilton – Paris CD/DVD Billboard.com
- "Reviews for Paris". Metacritic.com. Retrieved March 16, 2012.
- "Prosecutors' Motion To Revoke Paris Hilton's Probation". FindLaw. April 30, 2007. Retrieved May 4, 2007.
- "Paris Hilton's Misdemeanor DUI Charges". FindLaw. September 21, 2006. Retrieved May 4, 2007.
- "Paris Hilton pleads no contest to DUI charge". MSNBC.
- "BOTTOMS UP: DVD". Urban Cinefile. Retrieved April 29, 2012.
- "Too much nudity, protests Paris". The Sydney Morning Herald. May 30, 2006. Retrieved 2006-05-30.
- "Paris Hilton sued over lack of publicity for film". August 12, 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-09.[dead link]
- HAIR TECH INTERNATIONAL. dreamcatchers.com
- Smith, Emily (May 10, 2007). "Paris Hiltons new sex tape". The Sun (London).
- Thomas, Karen. (January 30, 2007) Paris Hilton website exposed. Usatoday. Com. Retrieved on 2010-12-27.
- Paris Hilton videos exposed online – V3.co.uk – formerly. Vnunet.com. Retrieved on 2010-12-27.
- "Site barred from releasing Hilton data". USA Today. Associated Press. February 3, 2007. Retrieved February 9, 2007.
- "Paris Hilton checks into Los Angeles County jail". Associated Press. June 4, 2007. Archived from the original on June 6, 2007.
- "Hilton backs online pardon appeal". BBC News. May 9, 2007. Retrieved January 3, 2010.
- "Paris Hilton Asks For Schwarzenegger Pardon". People Magazine. May 8, 2007. Retrieved May 20, 2007.
- "Activism: Free Paris/Jail Paris Petition Round-Up". Defamer. May 8, 2007. Retrieved May 20, 2007.
- Jeremiah Marquez (May 17, 2007). "Hilton Drops Probation-Violation Appeal". USA Today. Associated Press.
- Associated Press. Paris Hilton sentenced to 45 days in jail. CNN. May 5, 2007.
- Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Press Conference. Fox News Channel. June 7, 2007.
- Deutsch, Linda (June 8, 2007). "Police take Paris Hilton to court hearing Friday in Los Angeles". CanWest Global Communications. Retrieved June 2, 2006.
- Blood, Michael (June 8, 2007). "Early release just latest controversy for Baca". Associated Press.
- Hilton Headed Back to Jail for Full Sentence – ABC News. Abcnews.go.com. Retrieved on 2010-12-27.
- Paris Hilton going back to jail. CNN. June 9, 2007
- Hilton Starts, Ends Week Behind Bars. MSN.com. June 9, 2007
- News Hamster. News.hamsterpower.org (June 9, 2007). Retrieved on 2010-12-27.
- "Interview With Paris Hilton". CNN. June 28, 2007.
- Angelo, Marty (June 9, 2007). "Prison Minister Offers to Serve Paris Hilton's Remaining Jail Sentence". martyangelo.com.
- "Prison Minister Offers to Serve Paris Hilton's Remaining Jail Sentence". emediawire.com. June 11, 2007.
- J. Douglas Bremner (February 28, 2008). Before You Take That Pill: Why the Drug Industry May Be Bad for Your Health. Penguin. pp. 383–. ISBN 978-1-58333-295-5. Retrieved December 18, 2011.
- ‘The Simple Life’ Cancelled on July 30, 2007
- Paris Hilton Inks Deal with Antebi Footwear Group. August 1, 2007. accessdate August 19, 2007
- Hilton's clothing launch sparks L.A. frenzy. August 16, 2007. accessdate August 19, 2007
- "Paris gets a gold star for her new fashion range". Daily Mail (London). August 18, 2007. Retrieved March 19, 2012.
- Paris Hilton Nude, Naked In Gold For Canned Champagne Ad – Rich Prosecco Wine. TV Shark (December 13, 2007). Retrieved on 2010-12-27.
- "Nude Paris launches 'wine in a can' (+photo)". Stuff.co.nz. Retrieved November 1, 2011.
- "Paris Hilton Wears Nothing but Gold Paint for Champagne Ad". FOXNews.com. December 12, 2007. Retrieved December 31, 2007.
- "Barron Hilton to Donate 97% of Estate to Hilton Foundation". Planned Giving Design Center, LLC. December 26, 2007. Retrieved April 2, 2011.
- Walker, Peter; Haroon Siddique and agencies (December 27, 2007). "Hilton grandfather pledges fortune to charity". The Guardian (London). Retrieved December 27, 2007.
- "Paris Hilton’s Grandfather to Donate a Majority of His Fortune". The New York Times. December 27, 2007. Retrieved December 27, 2007.
- "Hilton, William – Overview, Personal Life, Career Details, Social and Economic Impact, Chronology: Hilton, William" (Encyclopedia). Net Industries. Retrieved April 2, 2011.
- Yu, Roger (December 27, 2007). "Hilton to donate bulk of fortune to foundation". USA Today. Retrieved April 2, 2011.
- Paris Hilton Strutted Her Stuff On The 2 B Free Runway. Imnotobsessed.com (March 20, 2007). Retrieved on 2011-10-28.
- "Paris Hilton's New Business Venture: Shoes". Celebrity-mania.com. August 1, 2007. Retrieved 2012-09-05.
- Gould, Mignon A. Paris Talks Togs — People's and Pet's. 'Yes Magazine/The Arizona Republic'. February 8, 2008.
- Surette, Tim (April 3, 2008). "Cast updates: Her Name is Paris". TV.com.
- "Paris Hilton Responds to McCain Celeb Commercial". ABC News. Retrieved July 27, 2012.
- "Paris Hilton Responds To John McCain Ad With Her Own Campaign Video". MTV. Retrieved July 17, 2012.
- "VIDEO: Paris Hilton Responds to McCain Ad". People. Retrieved July 27, 2012.
- "Paris Hilton's Cold Reaction to John McCain Commercial". People. Retrieved July 27, 2012.
- "McCain ad compares Obama to Britney Spears, Paris Hilton". CNN. July 25, 2008. Retrieved July 17, 2012.
- Vargas, Jose Antonio (August 6, 2008). "Paris for Prez?". Washington Post. Retrieved May 2, 2012.
- Fitzgerald, Jay (August 7, 2008). "Paris Hilton electrifies campaign". Boston Herald. Retrieved August 20, 2008.
- Cornwell, Rupert (August 7, 2008). "Paris for President – and she's gunning for McCain". The Independent (London). Retrieved July 27, 2012.
- "VIDEO: Paris Hilton Gets (Fake) Presidential Advice – From Martin Sheen". People. Retrieved July 27, 2012.
- Tedmanson, Sophie (October 9, 2008). "Paris Hilton is joined by Martin Sheen for her fake US presidential campaign". The Times (London).
- "Paris Hilton lights up Toronto film festival". Reuters. September 10, 2008. Retrieved May 19, 2012.
- "Paris doc shows confessional side of Hilton". USA Today. September 10, 2008. Retrieved May 19, 2012.
- "Paris, Not France". Perez Hilton. Retrieved May 19, 2012.
- "Paris Hilton, MTV offer a look at her life in ‘Paris, Not France’". Orlandosentinel.com. Retrieved May 19, 2012.
- West, Dave (March 14, 2008). "Hilton will seek best friend in new show". Digital Spy. Retrieved March 15, 2008.
- "Hilton searching for new best friend". RTÉ. March 14, 2008. Retrieved March 17, 2008.
- Miller, Korin (September 30, 2008). "Check out Paris Hilton's new single, 'My BFF'". Daily News (New York).
- Hilton, Paris (September 30, 2008). MP3 (15.5 MB) on KIIS-FM by host Ryan Seacrest. Retrieved October 3, 2008.
- Fitzgerald, Toni (October 22, 2008). "So-hot Paris, and hot all over again". Media Life Magazine. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- Nudd, Tim (July 30, 2007). "Paris Hilton Singing a New Tune: Opera – Paris Hilton". People. Retrieved 2012-09-05.
- "Repo! The Genetic Opera". Horror.com. Retrieved May 10, 2012.
- [dead link]
- Movie Jungle (April 24, 2008). "Repo! The Genetic Opera Interview with Director Darren Lynn Bousman and Actress Paris Hilton". Upcoming-movies.com. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- "2009 Razzi Award Nominees – Yahoo! Voices". voices.yahoo.com. February 20, 2009. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- Repo! The Genetic Opera (2008) Coming Soon
- "Fairy Dust by Paris Hilton Fragrance". Clevelandleader.com. Retrieved May 19, 2012.
- Lansing, Kimberly. (November 19, 2008) Paris Hilton and Benji Madden Split Up – Breakups, Benji Madden, Paris Hilton. People.com. Retrieved on 2010-12-27.
- "Paris Hilton and Benji Madden split". ninemsn. November 20, 2008. Retrieved November 20, 2008.
- Paris Hilton to wed Benji Madden. NEWS.com.au. Retrieved May 12, 2008.
- "Hilton feels 'secure' with Madden". upi.com. March 15, 2008. Retrieved March 23, 2008.
- Leigh Holmwood. "Paris Hilton's first UK show leads ITV2 autumn lineup". The Guardian. Retrieved 2012-09-05.
- "Paris 'finds the paps scary'". BBC News. October 21, 2008. Retrieved 2012-09-05.
- "Paris wants a new best friend". London: The Sun. Retrieved March 24, 2012.
- "Paris Hilton’s British Best Friend improves its ratings". Parishiltonsite.net. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- "Finale of Paris Hilton’s British Best Friend beats all previous ratings". Parishiltonsite.net. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- Schneider, Michael (June 1, 2009). "Paris Hilton pursues Mideast 'BFF'". Variety.
- "Paris TV pal dies aged 25". The Sun (London). July 6, 2009.
- "Paris Hilton To Guest Star On Cws Supernatural". E! Online. 2009-08-05. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
- Joyce Eng (August 7, 2009). "Paris Hilton to Haunt Supernatural". TVGuide.com. Retrieved August 7, 2009.
- "Paris Hilton To Launch "Siren" Scent". The Insider. Retrieved August 25, 2009.
- May 27, 2009 (2009-05-27). "The 2009 FiFi Awards Winners Announced - Fragrance - Beauty". WWD.com. Retrieved 2013-01-30.
- "Paris Hilton Has Won The Best Celebrity Fragrance At The Fragrance Foundation FIFI Awards". Metrolyrics.com. Retrieved 2013-01-30.
- "Paris Hilton promos sunglasses line in Las Vegas - Las Vegas Sun News". Lasvegassun.com. Retrieved 2013-01-30.
- "Paris Hilton Talks Her New Beauty and Hair Line". Crushable. 2009-11-19. Retrieved 2013-01-30.
- Paris Calls Doug Reinhardt 'My Sexy Boy' People.com, March 13, 2009
- Paris Hilton and Doug Reinhardt split. Metro.co.uk (April 12, 2010). Retrieved on 2010-12-27.
- Schincariol anuncia Paris Hilton como garota propaganda da nova cerveja Devassa. O Globo. February 10, 2010.
- Pela primeira vez no carnaval do Rio, Paris Hilton deve comemorar o aniversário na cidade. IG. February 10, 2010.
- Paris Hilton marijuana charges dropped in South Africa. USA Today (July 2, 2010)
- report Paris Hilton arrested at World Cup stadium: report. timeslive.co.za. July 2, 2010
- Hilton held for carrying cannabis. RFI. July 17, 2010. Retrieved on 2010-12-27.
- Paris Hilton 'Tease' Perfume Launch an Ode to Marilyn Monroe – StyleList. Main.stylelist.com (August 11, 2010). Retrieved on 2011-10-28.
- "Paris Hilton launches shoe collection | Metro News". Metro.co.uk. 2010-08-19. Retrieved 2013-01-30.
- Paris Hilton Arrested On Cocaine Charge Sky News. August 28, 2010
- 'Vapor Trail' Leads to Paris Hilton's Vegas Arrest – ABC News. Abcnews.go.com (August 29, 2010). Retrieved on 2010-12-27.
- Samson, Pete (August 30, 2010). "Paris: Drug handbag is far too cheap for me". London: The Sun. Retrieved September 18, 2010.
- "DA: Paris Hilton to avoid felony in Vegas arrest". Associated Press. September 17, 2010. Retrieved September 18, 2010.
- Updated, Last (September 18, 2010). "No jail time for Paris Hilton". London: The Sun. Retrieved September 18, 2010.
- "Paris Hilton Detained at Airport in Japan". Fox News. September 21, 2010.
- Paris Hilton Stopped From Entering Japan By Immigration Officials After Drug Conviction In US | Showbiz News|Sky News. News.sky.com. Retrieved on 2010-12-27.
- "Teenage Paparazzo". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2013-01-30.
- "Mario Lopez Shares 5 Reasons to Watch The Dog Who Saved Christmas Vacation – Today's News: Our Take". TVGuide.com. November 27, 2010. Retrieved 2012-09-05.
- "Paris Hilton Going to the Dogs This Christmas". E! Online. Retrieved November 27, 2011.
- "Sunday Cable Ratings: Boardwalk Empire Dips; Soul Train Awards, Real Housewives, Dexter, Top Gear & More". By the numbers. Retrieved April 26, 2012.
- "Paris Hilton Launches Own Motorcycle Racing Team". Cbsnews.com. Retrieved April 26, 2012.
- Paris Hilton Launches Motorcycle Racing Team. PopEater.com (December 20, 2010). Retrieved on 2011-10-28.
- "Paris Hilton expands her empire with her own winning MotoGP racing team". hello!. November 7, 2011. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- Sao Paulo Fashion Week: Paris Hilton flirts her way down the catwalk as she closes the show | Mail Online. Dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved on 2011-10-28.
- Paris Hilton Passport Tokyo, Paris and South Beach ~ new fragrances :: Now Smell This. Nstperfume.com (January 24, 2011). Retrieved on 2011-10-28.
- "Paris Hilton talks shoes, career: 'There is nothing else to do' - USATODAY.com". Usatoday30.usatoday.com. 2011-03-30. Retrieved 2013-01-30.
- "Paris Hilton at the launch of her new line of shoes 'Paris Hilton The Shoe Collection' in Mexico City. March 29, 2011. | MTV Photo Gallery". Mtv.com. Retrieved 2013-01-30.
- "Paris Hilton Pimps New Shoe Line...and Takes Potshots at Kim Kardashian!". E! Online. 2011-03-30. Retrieved 2013-01-30.
- "Get the New Paris Hilton App!". ExtraTV.com. 2011-02-21. Retrieved 2013-01-30.
- Posted: 1:31 AM, June 4, 2011 (2011-06-04). "Paris Hilton's TV comeback unplugged after disastrous appearance on "The View"". NYPOST.com. Retrieved 2013-01-30.
- Serjeant, Jill (October 1, 2010). "Paris Hilton to show her real life in new TV show". Reuters.
- Canada (June 8, 2011). "Video: Paris Hilton defends reality show bomb". Globe and Mail (Toronto). Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- Raymond, Kitty. "Paris Hilton’s star appears to be fading | Kitty Raymond | Scoop! | San Francisco Examiner". Sfexaminer.com. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
- Stanley, Alessandra (May 31, 2011). "In a Bentley, Trying to Catch the Spotlight Again". The New York Times. Retrieved May 10, 2012.
- Paris Hilton: Cy Waits 'inspires me to be the best I can be'. Azcentral.com (December 23, 2010). Retrieved on 2011-10-28.
- Paris Hilton Confirms Cy Waits Split. The Hollywood Gossip (June 22, 2011). Retrieved on 2011-10-28.
- Variety: Paris Hilton – Billion Dollar Entrepreneur. Paris Hilton (June 28, 2011). Retrieved on 2011-10-28.
- "Paris Hilton: From Celebutante to Billion Dollar Mogul – ABC News". ABC News. July 20, 2011. Retrieved 2012-09-05.
- Opening 3rd Store In The Philippines. Paris Hilton (May 9, 2011). Retrieved on 2011-10-28.
- Paris Hilton Opens Luxury Store In India. Radar Online (September 26, 2011). Retrieved on 2011-10-28.
- Video Of My Andre Tan Runway Walk. Paris Hilton (October 17, 2011). Retrieved on 2011-10-28.
- "Paris Hilton Launches Stylish Sunglass Line in... | Gather". Celebs.gather.com. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- "Paris Hilton + Kathy Hilton Chat With Us About Clothes and Going to Taco Bell". Papermag.com. Retrieved March 19, 2012.
- "Paris Hilton to Make DJ Debut at Pop Music Festival". Billboard. Retrieved May 19, 2012.
- "Deadmau5 Calls Paris Hilton’s DJing Apocalyptic!". PerezHilton.com. June 28, 2012. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- Johnson, Zach (July 10, 2012). "Samantha Ronson Slams Paris Hilton's New DJ Career". UsMagazine.com. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "Oh No They Didn't! – Afrojack Comments on BPM about Paris Hilton's DJ Skills..NOT GOOD". Ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com. June 29, 2012. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "DJ Poet Predicts Katy Perry & Fergie Will Ditch Mic For Turntable – Katy Perry". Hollyscoop.com. July 23, 2012. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "Paris Hilton Makes DJ Debut in Brazil | Splash". Splashnewsonline.com. June 26, 2012. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "Paris Hilton | Paris Hilton Shoe Line Up For Fashion Award". Contactmusic. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "Paris Hilton Is Going K-Pop!". PerezHilton.com. August 23, 2012. Retrieved September 8, 2012.
- "Paris coins it in Korea". Independent Online. August 31, 2012. Retrieved September 8, 2012.
- "Paris Hilton – Paris Hilton Paid 1M For Korean Pop Video". contactmusic.com. August 31, 2012. Retrieved September 8, 2012.
- Smart, Gordon (August 31, 2012). "Paris Hilton's appeal still burns strong – in Korea.". Showbiz. Retrieved September 8, 2012.
- "Paris Hilton: Gays ‘Disgusting,’ Most ‘Probably Have AIDS’ - ABC News". Abcnews.go.com. 2012-09-20. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
- "Paris Hilton Documentary Shelved By Gay Channel Following Celebutantes Homophobic Tirade". E! Online. 2012-09-25. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
- "Paris Hilton whips up a storm in holy Mecca - CNN.com". Edition.cnn.com. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
- "Paris Hilton upsets Islamic community by opening handbag shop in Mecca - Fashion, Independent Woman". Independent.ie. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
- "Paris Hilton in Mecca but not for a holy pilgrimage | Katy St. Clair | Scoop! | San Francisco Examiner". Sfexaminer.com. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
- "Paris Hilton: I've Earned $1.3 Billion Since 2005". Us Magazine. Retrieved April 26, 2012.
- "Paris Hilton Is Appearing As Herself in the Bling Ring!". PerezHilton.com. March 29, 2012. Retrieved 2012-09-05.
- "Paris Hilton 'to cameo as herself in Emma Watson's The Bling Ring' – Movies News". Digital Spy. March 29, 2012. Retrieved 2012-09-05.
- "Paris Hilton | Paris Hilton Lands Cameo In Bling Ring". Contactmusic.com. 2012-03-29. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
- "Paris Hilton Is Appearing As Herself in the Bling Ring!". Perez Hilton. Retrieved April 6, 2012.
- "Emma Watson in ‘The Bling Ring’: Film’s First Official Promo Photos Released". Inquisitr.com. May 30, 2012. Retrieved 2012-09-05.
- "Paris Hilton to Release Second Album on Cash Money, Feature Lil Wayne". Billboard. May 22, 2013. Retrieved May 23, 2013.
- Vena, Jocelyn (May 22, 2013). "Paris Hilton Joins Lil Wayne's Cash Money Family?". MTV. Retrieved May 23, 2013.
- "The Simple Life Review". Entertainment Weekly. December 4, 2003. Retrieved May 18, 2012.
- Paris Hilton at. Fhm.com. Retrieved on 2011-10-28.
- "Spears and Hilton Named Worst Role Models". The Daily Dish. December 29, 2006. Retrieved June 10, 2007.
- We'll always have Paris." timesonline.co.uk.
- Maher, Kevin. "The Paris-bashing should stop here." The Times (London). March 20, 2008, p. 16. Retrieved May 13, 2008. "Guinness World Records has her as the World's Most Overrated Celebrity."
- Gumbel, Andrew. "Paris Hilton is granted a shorter sentence — if she behaves herself." The Independent (London). May 18, 2007, p. 1. Retrieved May 13, 2008. "She is set to appear in this year's Guinness World Records as the world's 'most overrated celebrity'."
- Jocelyn Noveck (March 1, 2007). "Even ignoring Paris Hilton makes news". USA Today. Associated Press. Retrieved May 5, 2007.
- "Why has Paris Hilton disappeared? – CNN". CNN. December 5, 2009. Retrieved 2012-08-10. Text "By Jo Piazza, Special to CNN " ignored (help)
- "Paris Hilton Storms Out of 'Good Morning America' Interview Over Questions About Her Fame". Fox News. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- Schwartz, Alison (July 20, 2011). "Paris Hilton Walks Out of Interview with ABC News – Scandals & Feuds, Good Morning America, Paris Hilton". People. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- Amelia Proud (June 28, 2012). "Paris Hilton takes a tumble amidst frenzy of flashbulbs | Mail Online". Daily Mail. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- Laura Schreffler (September 24, 2011). "Paris Hilton arrives in Mumbai, India today | Mail Online". Daily Mail. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- Linda Massarella. "Paris Hilton mobbed by fans in Cannes | Mail Online". Daily Mail. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "Paris Hilton's Vanity Fair Spain Cover: Can Someone Explain This To Us? (VIDEO, PHOTO)". Huffington Post. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "Betty White Is America’s Favorite and Most Trusted Personality, and the Most Prone to Driving Brand Purchase". ipsos.com. August 18, 2011. Retrieved August 21, 2011.
- "America, say hello to your overexposed celebs". CNN. March 29, 2012. Retrieved May 19, 2012.
- Quotations related to Paris Hilton at Wikiquote
- Media related to Paris Hilton at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website
- Paris Hilton at the Internet Movie Database
- Paris Hilton at the Fashion Model Directory
- Paris Hilton discography at MusicBrainz
David Spade and Justin Timberlake
|Teen Choice Awards host
2004 (with Nicole Richie)
Hilary Duff and Rob Schneider