Dallas Lore Sharp (1870–1929) was an American author and university professor, born at Haleyville, Cumberland County, New Jersey
He graduated at Brown University in 1895, served as a Methodist Episcopal minister for four years, and graduated at the Boston University School of Theology in 1899. He married Grace Hastings and the couple had four sons, including Waitstill Sharp.
He was assistant librarian (1899–1902), assistant professor of English (1902–09), and thereafter professor at Boston University.
As a writer he became known through his charming magazine articles on native birds and small mammals and for his books.
- A Watcher in the Woods (1903)
- Roof and Meadow (1904)
- The Lay of the Land (1908)
- The Face of the Fields (1911)
- The Fall of the Year (1911)
- Winter (1912)
- The Spring of the Year (1912)
- Summer (1913)
- Beyond the Pasture Bars (1914)
- The Whole Year Round (1915)
- "The Hills of Hingham" (1916)
 External links