June 16, 1979 |
Fort Bragg, North Carolina, USA
|Other names||Dana De Armond|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight||134 lb (61 kg)|
|No. of adult films||548 as a performer
3 as director (per IAFD)
She was a figure skater during her teen years and was in the same skating club as Sunny Lane. DeArmond had worked as a street dancer at Disney World and as a stripper in Florida and California before doing bondage play on the Web and then hardcore movies.
DeArmond had gained popularity before her porn career, as an internet personality with over 300,000 friends on Myspace. After meeting porn director Eon McKai on MySpace, she did her first scene for the film Neu Wave Hookers. She asserts on her MySpace profile that TheInternetsGirlfriend.com is her official website and that she is not affiliated with any other website.
DeArmond is a Spiegler Girl and represented by the Spiegler Agency. Agent Mark Spiegler initially tried to convince DeArmond not to pursue a career in pornography before he agreed to represent her.
DeArmond has directed two documentary porn movies in which she helps young people whom she meets on the web break into the business, called Dana DeArmond Does the Internet and Dana DeArmond's Role Modeling. She has also guest lectured on the adult industry for classes at University of California, Irvine and University of California, Santa Barbara.
DeArmond was one of the models featured in Michael Grecco's photo book, Naked Ambition: An R Rated Look at an X Rated Industry and Dave Naz's book L.A. Bondage. After DeArmond's house and belongings were destroyed in a fire in January 2007, the adult industry participated in several fundraising activities to help replace what she lost. DeArmond co-hosted the 2010 Urban X Awards with porn actress Misty Stone.
In January 2014, DeArmond, Asa Akira, Chanel Preston, and Jessie Andrews were featured in a Cosmopolitan article titled "4 Porn Stars on How They StayFit". The article was inspired by actress Gabrielle Union's comment made on Conan O'Brien's talk show about striving to follow the fitness routines of the porn stars she saw at her gym.
DeArmond admits to having social anxiety, stating, "I made my life so I don’t have to come into contact with lots of people except for once or twice a year when I sign." She dealt with her social anxiety by spending a lot of time on MySpace and an "Indie Rock" chat room on AOL.
|2008||CAVR Award||Siren of Year||N/A|
|2009||Urban X Award||Best Anal Sex Scene||Rico The Destroyer|
|2010||Urban X Award||Best Anal Sex Scene||Juicy White Anal Booty 4|
|2012||AVN Award||Best Girl/Girl Sex Scene||Belladonna: Sexual Explorer|
- "Personal Bio Dana DeArmond". IAFD.com. Retrieved 2007-08-06.
- Kobiata (2007-11-18). "Dana DeArmond: Life After The Fleshbot Curse...". WordPress. Retrieved 2014-09-18.
- "The Morning After…Podcast". themorningafterpodcast.com. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
- "HustlerWorld Interview: Dana DeArmond". HustlerWorld Interview: Dana DeArmond. 2006-05-26. Archived from the original on Aug 13, 2006.
- "Sleaze Interviews: Dana DeArmond". Bizarre. January 2007. Retrieved 2008-01-16.
- Thomas J Stanton (2006-12-15). "Vivid Alt to Release Dana DeArmond Does the Internet". Adult Video News. Retrieved 2007-12-10.
- MySpace.com - Dana DeArmond: Blogger/PornStar - 28 - Fille - LosAngeles, California - www.myspace.com/littledana
- Staff (March 2014). "Cosmo turns to porn stars for fitness tips". Adult Video News 30 (3): 26.
- Sarah Feldberg (2009-01-12). "A Breaststroke Through The Porn Talent Pool With Mark Spiegler". Las Vegas Weekly. Retrieved 2014-01-04.
- Andrew D. Luecke (2014-07-01). "DANA DEARMOND HAS 10 THINGS TO SAY TO MEN". Esquire. Retrieved 2014-07-03.
- "Dana DeArmond". AVN. 2007-12-14. Retrieved 2013-10-08.
- Eddie Adams (2007-11-06). "Dana DeArmond to Guest Lecture at UC Irvine". Adult Video News. Retrieved 2007-12-10.
- Violet Blue (2007-11-15). "One photographer's 'Naked Ambition'". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2007-12-10.
- Peter Warren (2007-12-04). "Dave Naz to Sign 'L.A. Bondage' at Book Soup". Adult Video News. Retrieved 2007-12-10.
- Anne Winter (2007-01-20). "Industry Comes to DeArmond’s Aid". XBiz. Retrieved 2007-12-01.
- "Misty Stone, Dana DeArmond Tapped to Host Urban X Awards". Adult Video News. 2010-03-21. Retrieved 2010-03-22.
- Cheryl Wischhover (2014-01-30). "4 Porn Stars on How They StayFit". Cosmopolitan. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- "Day in the life of Dana Dearmond". Hustler Magazine.
- "2008 Season Winners".
- "2009 Award Winners". Urban X Awards. Retrieved August 1, 2009.
- "Urban X Awards Reveals 2010 Winners". AVN. July 14, 2010. Retrieved 2011-02-07.
- "2012 AVN Awards Nominations Announced" (PDF). AVN Awards. Retrieved 5 December 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dana DeArmond.|
- Official website
- Dana DeArmond on Twitter
- Dana DeArmond at the Internet Movie Database
- Dana DeArmond at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Dana DeArmond at the Adult Film Database
- Dana DeArmond on Myspace[dead link]
- XXXSquad Podcast Hosted by Dana DeArmond
- A Day in the Life of Dana DeArmond in Hustler Magazine[dead link]
- Interview and pictures in Bizarre Magazine
- Interview with Fox magazine