Misty Stone at "R Lounge" in Studio City, Calif., on October 10, 2010
March 26, 1986 |
Inglewood, California, U.S.
|Other names||Jenny Stone
|Height||5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)|
|Weight||121 lb (55 kg; 8.6 st)|
|No. of adult films||317 (per IAFD)|
She entered the adult film industry in 2006 at the age of around 20 and has appeared in over 300 movies. According to The Root, she is known as the "Halle Berry of the porn industry" because of her crossover appeal. Stones stated in a 2014 interview that she "fell into" working in the adult film industry, but later chose to make a career of it because she wanted to be the best at what she was doing. She also tried a variety of looks early on in her career to create a unique appeal for her audience. She describes the look that she chose as "afro-centric 70s" and inspired by the actress Pam Grier.
Stone has stated that she enjoys acting, but did not have the opportunity to indulge it until she was cast as Denise Huxtable in the 2009 parody Not the Cosbys XXX. She went on to star in the 2011 Hustler’s Untrue Hollywood Stories: Oprah parody as the title character of Oprah Winfrey and in 2013 as Mel B (a.k.a. Scary Spice) in the Spice Girls parody OMG... It's the Spice Girls XXX Parody. Over the course of her career Stone has worked for production companies such as Adam & Eve, Bluebird films, Elegant Angel, Evil Angel, Girlfriends Films, Jules Jordan Video, New Sensations, Penthouse Video, Shane's World, Tom Byron Pictures, Vivid Entertainment, Wicked Pictures, and Zero Tolerance Entertainment and the VOD provider Naughty America.
Also in 2013, Stone co-hosted the XRCO Award ceremonies with Ed Powers followed by co-hosting the Nightmoves awards with Ron Jeremy. Stone was also nominated in several categories for the award including Porn Star of the Year, Sexiest Adult Star, Porn’s Best Body, and Porn’s Perfect Sex Couple (girl/girl). She won the award for Best Ethnic Performer, Editor’s Choice.
In February 2014, Stone announced that she is working on appearing in mainstream productions and that going forward in the adult film industry she would only perform scenes in the girl/girl and solo genres. She is represented by James Bartholet of Galaxy Publicity and Management. In March she began filming for a production titled I Thought You Were A Nice Man, the first of three film projects.
Stone was selected to be the December 2014 Penthouse Pet of the Month. Her pictorial was shot by glamour photographer Holly Randall and she is also featured on the cover. Stone stated about her selection as a Penthouse Pet, "It's more than an honor to be crowned the Penthouse Pet for December, it's surreal..." "I think by being crowned the Penthouse Pet of the Month shows that the world is changing, and change is good, and all things are possible."
Stone is outspoken about the unequal treatment of ethnic performers in the adult industry. She stated in a 2014 interview that it is a standard practice that ethnic performers are paid less and that the practice is even upheld by ethnic based production companies.
Stone can also be seen in the role of Dawn in the Cinemax series, Co-Ed Confidential. She also appeared in the VH1 reality show Basketball Wives. In 2013, Stone voiced a character in the video game Grand Theft Auto V.
In 2013, Stone was one of the featured actresses in the documentary film and accompanying fine art book by Deborah Anderson, Aroused. (ISBN 978-0-9893744-0-8) The film features sixteen female pornographic performers, released in cinemas in the U.S. in the summer of 2013 and internationally in January 2014.
Stone was among the pornographic actresses who appeared in the welcome home party scene for Jax Teller after his release from prison in the Season 7 premiere of Sons of Anarchy, which aired on September 9, 2014. She has also had a variety of minor roles in television movies and feature films such as the fantasy scifi Sexy Warriors (2014), the cable series Zane's the Jump Off (2013), and the Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Scarlett Johansson romantic comedy Don Jon (2013).
In 2013 she launched her own production company, the Misty Stone Productions. Stone also produces and sells a line of organic beauty products that include a body butter candle. Her body has also been molded for the creation of a line of sex toys. Stone is the first African-American performer to be molded by the company that manufacturers the Fleshlight.
Stone is a Los Angeles native, stating that she was "born and raised" in Inglewood, but spent some time living in Omaha, Nebraska. She states in a 2014 interview that she was "not sexually open" when she was younger and considered herself a tom boy. Stone played basketball in high school.
- 2009 AVN Award nominee – Best All-Girl Group Sex Scene – The Violation of Flower Tucci
- 2009 CAVR Award winner – Hottie of the Year
- 2010 AVN Award nominee – Best Supporting Actress – Flight Attendants
- 2010 AVN Award nominee – Best Oral Sex Scene – Flight Attendants
- 2010 AVN Award nominee – Best All-Girl Couples Sex Scene – Pussy a Go Go!
- 2010 AVN Award nominee – Female Performer of the Year 
- 2011 AVN Award nominee – Best Actress – A Love Triangle
- 2011 AVN Award nominee – Best Couples Sex Scene – Awakening to Love
- 2011 AVN Award nominee – Best Group Sex Scene – Speed
- 2011 AVN Award nominee – Best Supporting Actress – Awakening to Love
- 2011 AVN Award nominee – Female Performer of the Year
- 2011 AVN Award nominee – Most Outrageous Sex Scene – This Ain't Avatar XXX 3D
- 2012 XBIZ Award nomination – Female Performer of the Year
- 2012 Urban X Award winner - Best Couples Sex Scene, Horizon, Wicked Pictures with Bill Bailey
- 2013 AVN Award nomination – Female Performer of the Year
- 2013 XBIZ Award nomination - Best Actress - Parody Release — Men in Black: A Hardcore Parody
- 2013 NightMoves award winner - Best Ethnic Performer, Editor’s Choice
- "Personal Bio: Misty Stone". IAFD.com. Retrieved August 8, 2010.
- Goff, Keli (April 3, 2013). "Is the Porn Industry Racist?". The Root. p. 2. Retrieved April 5, 2013.
- Stone, Misty (2014). Interview with Misty Stone. (Interview). X3Sixty. Los Angeles. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- "Parody Roles Bring Out Misty Stone's Acting Chops". AVN.com. Adult Video News. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- "Misty Stone Plays Oprah in New Hustler Parody". AVN.com. Adult Video News. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- Warren, Peter. "Misty Stone, Ed Powers Named 2013 XRCO Awards Hosts". AVN.com. Adult Video News. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- "Misty Stone to Co-Host 2013 Nightmoves Awards in October". AVN.com. Adult Video News.
- "21st Annual NightMoves Awards Winners Announced". AVN.com. Adult Video News. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- "Misty Stone Only Shooting G/G, Solo as Mainstream Career Calls". AVN.com. Adult Video News. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- "Misty Stone is Penthouse Pet for December". AVN.com. Adult Video News. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- "Filmography by year for Misty Stone". IMDB.com. Retrieved August 9, 2010.
- Buzz Killington, "Naturally Gifted", AVN Magazine, Vol. 28/No. 7, Issue 355, July 2012, p.28.
- Bob Johnson (2013-09-25). "Misty Stone Portrayed in 'Grand Theft Auto 5' Game". XBIZ. Retrieved 2013-12-23.
- The Aroused Project. The Aroused Project.
- Alison Wolf on power, politics and porn. The Spectator (22 June 2013).
- Adult-Video Actresses Get Real in 'Aroused'. Front Row Features (26 April 2013).
- Lila Gray (2014-09-10). "Final 'Sons Of Anarchy' Season Premieres With Bevy of Porn Stars". XBIZ. Retrieved 2014-09-11.
- Misty Stone at the Internet Movie Database
- "Adult Who's Who: Misty Stone", AVN Magazine, Vol. 29/No. 3, Issue 363, March 2013, p.30.
- "Misty Stone Marks 'Masturbation Month,' Heads to Exxxotica". AVN.com. Adult Video News. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- "Nominations 2009 AVN Adult Movie Awards" (PDF). AVNAwards.com. November 25, 2008. Retrieved November 26, 2008.[dead link]
- "CAVR 2009 Season Winners". cavr.com. Retrieved 2009.
- "2010 AVN Award Nominees". AVN.com. December 26, 2010. Retrieved December 26, 2009.
- "Nominations for the 2011 AVN Awards" (PDF). AVN.com. Retrieved November 23, 2010.
- "XBIZ 2012 Nominees". Xbiz Awards. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- "Urban X Awards Announces 2012 Winners". AVN.com. Adult Video News. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- "2013 AVN Awards Nominees" (pdf). AVN Awards. Retrieved December 1, 2012.
- XBIZ Nominees 2013, XBIZ, January, 2013
- AdultInsider.com - interview with Misty Stone (2014)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Misty Stone.|
- Official website
- Misty Stone at the Internet Movie Database
- Misty Stone at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Misty Stone at the Adult Film Database
- Misty Stone on Twitter