Strabane, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland
|Occupation||Journalist, Presenter, Businessman|
|Notable credit(s)||BBC Breakfast
On The Money (BBC 5Live, Sunday evening)
Curry started working for the BBC in 1994. He worked on the BBC News Channel from the channel's inception in 1997. He has also worked for BBC World News, Radio 5 Live, and Radio 4. Curry is best known for his reporting of the happenings in the London Stock Exchange and other British economic news, particularly during the Breakfast programme on BBC One and BBC News Channel.
On 6 October 2008, Curry began a new role as presenter of BBC Two's Working Lunch, alongside Naga Munchetty, replacing the previous team headed by Adrian Chiles and Adam Shaw. After the programme ended in July 2010 Curry was a regular host of Your Money on the BBC News Channel on Saturday mornings until August 2014.
From 5 September 2010, Curry presented On the Money, a Sunday evening business programme on Radio 5 Live, and later hosting the business debate programme Show Me The Money on the News Channel, also on Sunday evening at 21.30.
At the end of summer 2014, Curry, who has been freelance for many years, decided to stop making programmes for the BBC so he could give more attention to his other clients.
- "Strabane homecoming for Curry". BBC News. 15 July 2009. Retrieved 15 July 2009.
- Deans, Jason (23 May 2008). "TV stars: why we crossed BBC picket line". The Guardian. Retrieved 31 October 2008.
- "Declan Curry - most prominent BBC news scab". libcom.org. 17 April 2007. Retrieved 31 October 2008.
- BBC's Working Lunch show to end BBC News, 23 April 2010
- 5 Live Drive BBC Radio 5 Live, 31 May 2010
- 5 Live Drive BBC Radio 5 Live, 22 July 2010
- Radio 5 Live launches new look to Sunday evenings featuring cream of business, politics and current affairs BBC Press Office, 10 August 2010
- Declan Curry and Harry Gration head for Examiner Business Awards event Huddersfield Daily Examiner, 10 November 2010
- Show Me The Money BBC News Channel
-  MyFS-Events.co.uk. Retrieved 13 December 2014
- Honorary Graduates Middlesex University, July 2009