Deidre Downs at the Jimmy Carter Work Project June, 2005
July 7, 1980 |
|Alma mater||University of Virginia
University of Alabama School of Medicine
|Occupation||Resident physician in obstetrics and gynecology|
|Employer||University of Alabama-Birmingham Medical Center.|
|Title||Miss Alabama 2004, Miss America 2005|
Downs initially attended the University of Virginia on a volleyball scholarship. She later attended Samford University and earned scholarship money through pageants. After her year as Miss America, she began medical school at the University of Alabama School of Medicine in Birmingham, Alabama. She changed her name to Deidre Downs Gunn when she married Andrew Gunn, a high school teacher in 2008. "She is currently a chief resident physician in obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Alabama Medical Center."
- "Downs wins Miss Alabama, Camper first runner-up". The Gadsden Times (Gadsden, AL). June 13, 2004. Retrieved July 23, 2014.
- "Miss Alabama Deidre Downs wins Miss America". USA Today. September 18, 2014.
- "Miss Alabama". Miss America. Retrieved July 24, 2014.
- Deidre Downs: Samford's Miss America Charts Medical Future
- Official website
- The 2014 Miss America National Judges Panel Announced
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Deidre Downs.|
|Awards and achievements|
|This biography article about a United States contestant in a beauty pageant is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|