Dian Sastrowardoyo in 2007
|Born||Diandra Paramita Sastrowardoyo
16 March 1982
|Other names||Dian Sastro|
|Height||5 ft / 1.60 m|
Diandra Paramita Sastrowardoyo (born 16 March 1982), more popularly known as Dian Paramita Sastro or Dian Sastrowardoyo, is an Indonesian model and actress.
In 1996, she was the cover girl of Gadis, a teen magazine in Indonesia. She later became popular as Daya, the protagonist in Pasir Berbisik (Whispering Sand). Dian finally kick-started her career on the big screen with a starring role in the box office hit (In Indonesia and Malaysia) Ada Apa Dengan Cinta (AADC) (What's Up With Love? (film)). Since then she has established herself as one of Indonesia's most bankable actresses, starring in films such as, Banyu Biru, Ungu Violet and Belahan Jiwa. as well as foreign movies such as, Puteri Gunung Ledang, which was produced in Malaysia.
In 2010, Sastrowardoyo starred in Fana: The Forbidden Love, produced by Dalton Alka Cinema, a film company from Turkey. Fana was scheduled to appear early 24 December 2010, the sixth anniversary of 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami, however it was banned in Aceh because of sexual themes. In the film, Sastrowardoyo tested her acting skill with her portrayal of Gayo, a blind Muslim transgender who falls in love with her brother Azzam, played by Dude Harlino. In addition to Harlino, Dian was also paired with characters played by Christine Hakim and Deddy Mizwar.
Another recent film was Cintaku Di Kabut Toba or Love in Fog Toba, directed by Chaerul Umam. In this film, Dian worked for the fourth time with the actor Nicholas Saputra, after they scored a huge success in Ada Apa Dengan Cinta?, 3 Doa 3 Cinta, and Drupadi. Cintaku Di Kabut Toba recounts the story of Seruni, a famous actress, who ran away from the noisy world of entertainment, to a remote village in Toba, North Sumatra. Seruni meets Samosir, played by Saputra, which changes drastically Seruni's life. They then fell in love. However Seruni suddenly disappeared, and returned to Jakarta without saying good-bye to Samosir. Apparently Seruni had Alzheimer's disease. They later reunited ten years later in very different conditions
Sastrowardoyo is the daughter and only child of the late Ariawan Sastrowardoyo (1955–1995) and Dewi Parwati Sastrowardoyo (née Setyorini). Her paternal grandparents are the late Dr. Sumarsono Sastrowardoyo, a retired physician and surgeon (and author of the memoir Kembali ke Uteran (Return to Uteran)), and the late Ina Sastrowardoyo.
She is a niece of Dr. Aswin W. Sastrowardoyo (b. 1957), currently a physician and formerly guitarist and singer with Chaseiro, a music group of the 1970s and 80s; and Lisa Damayanti Sastrowardoyo (b. 1962). She is also the grandniece of, among others, Sunario (1902–1997), Indonesia's minister of foreign affairs from 1953 to 1956; Dra. Sukanti Suryochondro, a former instructor in women's studies at the University of Indonesia; and Subagio Sastrowardoyo (1924–1995), a noted poet and literary critic.
A screenplay based on Kembali ke Uteran is in the works, with plans for Sastrowardoyo to play her own great-grandmother in the film adaptation.
Sastrowardoyo's family name is derived from sastra (Sanskrit, writings) and wardaya (Sanskrit, heart), so literally means "writings of the heart."
Dian Sastrowardoyo is married to businessman and car racer Indraguna Sutowo on 18 May 2010. Indraguna Sutowo also known as the son of tycoon Adiguna Sutowo. 
- Shailendra Naryama Sastraguna Sutowo, male, born at 17 July 2011.
- Ishana Ariandra Nariratana Sutowo, female, born at 7 June 2013.
- Kindergarten: Don Bosco
- Elementary: SD Strada Van Lith II, Duren Sawit, Jakarta
- Junior high school: SMP Vincentius Otista, Jakarta
- High school: SMA Tarakanita I, Pulo Raya, Jakarta
- Bachelour's degree: Department of Philosophy, Faculty of Literature, University of Indonesia (graduated in July 2007)
- Before the lecture on philosophy UI, Dian had studied at the Faculty of Law UI
- Post graduate degree: School of Economics, University of Indonesia (cum laude graduated in August 2014)
- Cintaku Di Kabut Toba (2010) – Seruni with actor Nicholas Saputra
- Fana : The Forbidden Love (2010) – Gayo with actor Dude Harlino
- Drupadi (2009) – Drupadi – with actor Nicholas Saputra
- 3 Doa 3 Cinta (2008) – Dona Satelit with actor Nicholas Saputra
- Belahan Jiwa- Benny (2006) – Cempaka with actresses Rachel Maryam, Nirina Zubir, Marcella Zalianty, and Dinna Olivia
- Ungu Violet (2005) – Kalin – with actor Rizky Hanggono
- Banyu Biru (2005) – Sula – with actor Tora Sudiro
- Puteri Gunung Ledang (2005) – medicine seller's daughter (cameo)
- Arisan! (2004) – Woman in Gallery (cameo)
- Ada Apa dengan Cinta? (2002) – Cinta with actor Nicholas Saputra and actress Titi Kamal
- Pasir Berbisik (2001) – Daya with actress Christine Hakim
- Bintang Jatuh (2000) – Donna
- Panasonic Cinema – host
- Dunia Tanpa Koma (2006) – R
Dian Sastrowardoyo is the most popular TV commercial model in Indonesia
- 1st Winner GADIS SAMPUL 1996 teen covergirl competition in Gadis Magazine
- Festival Film Indonesia 2004 "Best Actress" – Ada Apa Dengan Cinta
- Deauville Asian Film Festival 2002 "Best Actress" – Pasir Berbisik
- SCTV Award 2002 "Most Favorite Actress Nominated"
- Singapore International Film Festival 2002 "Best Actress" – Pasir Berbisik
- Hawaii International Film Festival 2003 "Best Actress" – Ada Apa Dengan Cinta
- Malaysian Film Festival 2003 "Most Favorite Indonesian Actress" – Ada Apa Dengan Cinta
- Festival Film Bandung 2003 "Best Actress" – Ada Apa Dengan Cinta
- Asia Pacific Film Festival 2005 "Most Promising Actress" – Banyu Biru
- MTV Asia Movie Award in Singapore 2005 "Most Favorite Actress" – Ungu Violet
- MTV Indonesia Movie Award 2005 "Most Favorite Actress" – Ungu Violet
- Pusan International Film Festival 2009 "Silver Award for Leading Female Performance" – 3 Doa 3 Cinta
- Bali International Film Festival 2009 "Best Supporting Actress" – 3 Doa 3 Cinta
- ELLE Film Magazine USA Award 2009 "Actress of The Year" – 3 Doa 3 Cinta
- USA Magazine Indonesia Award 2010 "Most Favorite Actress" – Drupadi
Sastrowardoyo has appeared in these music videos:
- Xirus Indonesia "Yang Terdalam" (2010)
- Glenn Fredly "Hitam Putih" (2009)
- Peterpan "Menghapus Jejakmu" (2007)
- T-Five "Yang Terindah" (2002)
- Dewa "Sayap-sayap Patah" (2001)
- Shelomita "Langkah" (2000)
- Katon Bagaskara "Cinta Selembut Awan" (2000)
- Sheila on 7 "J.A.P" (1999)
- Sheila on 7 "Anugerah Terindah" (1999)
- The Fly "Air Mata Sunyi" (1999)
- KLA Project "Gerimis" (1996)
- "Dian Sastrowardoyo berambut pendek di Who Wants to Be A Millionaire Indonesia." SyokKahwin.com Accessed 28 February 2007.
- Horizon-Line.com article, 30 March 2001. Accessed 19 February 2007.
- Dian Sastrowardoyo Son
- "Dian Sastrowardoyo Lahirkan Anak Kedua". June 10, 2013.
- "Guess what?: Dian graduates cum laude from UI". September 1, 2014.