|This article does not cite any references or sources. (November 2012)|
PT Cakrawala Andalas Televisi
|Launched||March 1, 1993|
|Owned by||Bakrie & Brothers (1993-2006)
STAR TV (2006-2009)
Visi Media Asia (2006-present)
Wow, Keren(Wow, It's Cool)
|Broadcast area||Free To Air/Cable/Satellite|
|Headquarters||Sentra Mulia Building,Jalan H.R. Rasuna Said, Karet Kuningan, Setiabudi, South Jakarta
Rasuna Epicentrum Lot 9
Jl. H.R. Rasuna Said, Karet Kuningan Setiabudi, South Jakarta
|First Media||Channel 2|
antv was launched on 1 March 1993 as a local television station in Lampung province. In the same month it was awarded a government license for nationwide broadcasting, and moved its studio to Jakarta. The first programming it produced itself was live coverage of the general session of the People's Consultative Assembly on 1 March 1993.
On 30 April 2006, Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation through STAR TV and Fox International Channels bought a 20% stake in antv. By Indonesia law, foreign companies can only have a 20% stake in local media companies. Antv has 24 relay stations covering 155 cities across Indonesia and reaches 130 million people.
Antv's first logo was rainbow-coloured stripes forming the word "AN," with "teve" on green and purple stripes. This was the logo from 1993-2003. It was changed to lowercase red and yellow for a 13 March 2003 revamp, and was altered on 30 April 2006 to combine the existing antv channel logo with the logo of STAR TV boxes. On 20 September 2009, antv changed its logo once again.
Antv shows some India and Chinese drama, There are Legends of 12 Chinese Zodiac, White Snake Legend, The Adventures Of Hatim, Jodha Akbar, Ramayana, Mahabharata, Mahadewa, Navya, Shakuntala,and King Suleiman.
- Wow, Keren (Wow, It's Cool) (1993–2003, 2011-2015)
- Makin Keren (More Cool) (2003–2006,2015–present)
- Makin Dekat Makin Memikat (Closer, More Attractive) (2006–2009)
- TV Ramah Buat Keluarga (Friendly TV for Family)(2009–2010)
- Berkilau Bersama antv (Shining With antv) (2010–2011)
Notable Main Directors
- Agung Laksono (1993-1998)
- Nenny Soemawinata (1998-1999)
- Azkarmin Zaini (1999-2000)
- Anton Nangoy (2000-2002)
- Anindya Bakrie (2002-2009)
- Dudi Hendrakusuma (2009-2013)
- Erick Thohir (2013–present)